Laura Bow in: The Road to Murder

Started by gamecourier, Sat 30/07/2005 22:51:05

Previous topic - Next topic

gamecourier

This is my first finished AGS game. I was going to submit it for the OROW competition, but I needed to stop for a bit and I couldn't finish in time.

It's a sequel to the Laura Bow games by Sierra. I tried something different and made the game in an overhead view (mainly because it made the art easier) and it results in some weird results, like people walking on seats, but other than that, I'm happy with it, as it is a first attempt.

Download here!

Totoro

There should be a setup in the zip-file  >:(

jane

Fun little game, would have liked the puzzles just a little harder, but well done on your first game and being a little different with using an overhead view. ;D

splat44

The game is very short.

I just complete it in less than 2 minutes.

I do get at time a "too dark message" while getting the bug from bathroom even using hand cursor on it.

I would recommend using smaller hand cursor.

The game can be finish without talking to anyone.

Great game in your first try.

fivetrickpony

I'd like to say that I personally love the old Laura Bow games.  In fact I think there was a bit of "Dagger of Amon Ra" influence in 'Stranger By Night' :)

Will download and play this later!

sunshinegold

Cannot open the zip file. Getting message this is not a valid zip file.

gamecourier

Quote from: sunshinegold on Fri 26/08/2005 18:17:33

I just downloaded it and it unzipped just fine, but I went ahead anyway and uploaded an exe file that will unzip it automatically. Try this link.

sunshinegold

Quote from: gamecourier on Thu 01/09/2005 13:49:06
Quote from: sunshinegold on Fri 26/08/2005 18:17:33

I just downloaded it and it unzipped just fine, but I went ahead anyway and uploaded an exe file that will unzip it automatically. Try this link.

Thank you. Will play now.

sunshinegold

Is it normal that everytime I go to:
Spoiler
back of Mr. Gordon's seat, trying the 'hand' on the overhead compartment, I just go automatically back between the other 2 bags. I know what to use to get Mr. Gordon's bag, but cannot get close enough or he will see me
[close]

gamecourier

I'm not sure that you figured out the puzzle, so read one hint at a time and see if you can figure it out without reading all of it.

Hint 1:
Spoiler
You're not supposed to use the hand cursor
[close]

Hint 2:
Spoiler
Have you gotten into the two ladies' bags?
[close]

Hint 3:
Spoiler
Use what is in the two ladies' bags.
[close]

Hint 4:
Spoiler
Combine the two items.
[close]

Last Hint:
Spoiler
Use the fishing line on Gordon's bag. The best place to be to use the fishing line is on the seat next to him. You'll see why afterward.
[close]

sunshinegold

Thank you.  I have now completed this cute little game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk