Star Trek Newton

Started by Matt Frith, Sat 31/10/2009 17:19:36

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyjmf

Tier,

Great game, thanks.

I like the atmoshphere and sliding doors are classic, as are sound effects. Fantastic work, looking forward to the next episode.

Only things I'd comment on are the text size and font, very hard to make out, a smoother font (like in future wars) would work allot better, perhaps launched in a window so that contrast never becomes a problem. It would also be cool if any of the action items would guide the character to point placed, currently you have to walk to an item, then interact. Would also be great to explore more of ship, perhaps shuttle, ultimately some class m planets! thats all in the future im sure ! :-)

Keep up good work!

Anthony

Anian

Yeah, the interface is a bit tiresome. I have to click twice ona screen and about four times with the right mouse button just ot preform one action. When in the lift shaft first use then walk command is a bit silly.
Also the character gets in the way of hot spots, so I have to change cursor, then click the character away, then change the cursor again then activate a hotspot...a bit tiresome.

A bit repeatable sound in the background and the cahracters should have a bit longer arms (otherwise I liked the design very much).

Other than those 3 minor things, overall I enjoyed the game.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Leon

Oopss.. just crashed the game...  :-[

Spoiler
When D'Brell has entered the quarters and you talk to the lift again:
[close]

in "room1.asc", line 293
Error: FaceCharacter: characters are in different rooms.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Matt Frith

Thanks for the report Leon.  I guess that is the bug that Roger reported but gave few details.  I will fix it soon

Disco

Quote from: Leon on Wed 11/11/2009 23:18:53
D'Brell has entered the quarters

Spoiler Alert!!! come on let's use hide tags please :P

Leon

Well, I'm not sure what the spoiler is, but if you insist...

Disco

Oh I was only kidding :P Just seemed silly at the time.

Tier and I were just talking on MSN and realised you must be replaying, which we appreciate of course! You caught a lot of stuff we missed in testing the first time around and over a week later you are still helping us fix and update to new versions :)

We would be happy to have you test the new episodes if you like. Speaking of, I just completed the first animation for Distress. Tier has been busy whipping up new rooms too, and one almost needs two hands with which to count them already :D

Leon

Yeah, I saw a question in the H&T so I answered. But I hadn't written the walkthrough yet so that's what I just did. And while writing, I stumbled upon this error, just by accident.

And sure, whenever you're close to releasing, give me a shout and I'll give it a serious beta-stage.

anthonyjmf

Hi guys,

When is next mission out?

Regards,

Anthony

Quote from: Disco on Thu 12/11/2009 00:31:02
Oh I was only kidding :P Just seemed silly at the time.

Tier and I were just talking on MSN and realised you must be replaying, which we appreciate of course! You caught a lot of stuff we missed in testing the first time around and over a week later you are still helping us fix and update to new versions :)

We would be happy to have you test the new episodes if you like. Speaking of, I just completed the first animation for Distress. Tier has been busy whipping up new rooms too, and one almost needs two hands with which to count them already :D

Timo.

Good job with the game. Was putting my tabs on it as the only Star Trek game I was really looking out for. It was good, I think, especially for a first. The ending was more hilarious than hair-standing (like those creepy horror games) which I felt was rather awkward.

Other than that, keep up the good work. Looking forward to Part 2.
Smile :]

magintz

For those who don't know yet the second episode has been announced by Tier himself! Go look, drool and wait expectantly.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=40015.0
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

cat

Hi!

Finished the game yesterday and left a comment on the games db. Just some more details here:

This one was annoing and reduced my immersion because I stopped playing to look in a walkthrough but without success:
Spoiler
I had all vials, knew the illness of the guy and which two medications he needs but the game still wouldn't let me lookup the vials in the book. I randomly reclicked all objects until the lookup was finally enabled
[close]

There also were some typos.

I really liked the puzzles and the interactions with the other characters. Very clever! Also great animations.

Looking forward to the next part!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk