The Footballer

Started by Enni, Sat 28/09/2013 16:28:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Enni

The Footballer

£3.99 - new price
Demo available Download

Can you guide your footballer to greatness?

Starting from the very bottom your first task will be to impress at the academy. The better you do the the bigger the clubs battling for your signature. Who you choose to sign with is completely down to you.

Once signed to a club that's when the real hard work starts. You'll have to find the right balance between your professional and private life. Reaching your weekly training targets and attending events all whilst trying to keep your friends and team mates happy is a tough ask for anyone. If you throw in a demanding girlfriend you may find yourself with very little time on your hands.

Maintaining a good mood may be hard when you read some of the comment left on your social media page by your own fans. Saying the wrong things in interviews, press conferences and on talk shows can really anger them. But when you're spending most of your time posting nice messages to them to keep them happy then you should realise something is seriously wrong.

Playing in matches is what it's really all about. Can you successfully complete mini games to get a goal, an assist or make a clearance? Will your managers team talks help motivate you when you're losing and boost you when you're winning or will he make you feel completely worthless? If the manager's substituting you off at half time in the Champions trophy final, after a boozy night out saw your antics splashed over the front page leave you feeling undervalued, you may want to leave.

If your club keep rejecting offers from other clubs for you, you may have to hand in a transfer request or let your contract run down. Once you've made the move to your new club you will have hopefully learned from your mistakes. Winning the league, the Champions trophy and the 'World best player' award are the ultimate goals for any footballer. Can you achieve one of them? Or achieve them all?

For more information and screenshots visit www.ennigames.com

5 free copies of the full game. Use discount code - GTHC
(First come first served)

Retro Wolf

10 SQUIDS?!!

-I'd make your demo easier to download. I faked my email to gain access.
-Graphics are OK, not commercial quality though.
-An option to snort cocaine off of a prostitute would make it more realistic.
-I do like simulation games.

You've clearly put a lot of work into this, but I would not pay for this game.

Khris

Yeah, please offer a simple download link, I'm not going through some form just to play a demo.

elegantmechanic

While a lot of effort has clearly been put it, the whole thing still comes across as very amateurish.

Main things that bothered me:

• Almost no sound.
  • Typos in almost every line of dialogue. This needs to be proof-read and corrected if you want people to take it seriously enough to pay for.
  • The dialogue is also very stilted with everyone referring to you by your full name all the time.  If you set up two variables for the player's first and last names instead of one then people could more naturally call him by his first name (in person) or his surname (in the media).
  • Lots of "buttons" in the computer interface don't work. I don't mean the ones that are disabled in the demo, I mean the ones that are there just for show (such as most of the ones on the "social media" page). If the buttons that work and the buttons that don't work look the same, how am I supposed to know which to click other than by frustrating trial and error?  It would be nice if there was an animation and sound effect to go with the click when it does work, as well.
As for the price, I think £5 would be a bit steep, never mind £10. Look at the Wadget Eye titles and the prices they sell for, then compare their production quality to your own.  Their most expensive titles are about £6.25 and of far higher standard than your game, so why would someone pay you £10?

All that being said, there is a good idea here and indications of an understanding of how to make AGS do things beyond basic point & click. A lot more polish is needed for this to look professional but if you keep at it you may eventually get there.

Enni

Thank you for the replies and constructive criticism.

I have made it easier to download on this post and the website.

I will take all advice on board. The pricing is something that I can alter to an amount people find more suitable. The more feedback I get will give a clearer indication. Suggestions?

Many thanks

Igor Hardy

Quote from: elegantmechanic on Sun 29/09/2013 02:34:47
As for the price, I think £5 would be a bit steep, never mind £10. Look at the Wadget Eye titles and the prices they sell for, then compare their production quality to your own.  Their most expensive titles are about £6.25 and of far higher standard than your game, so why would someone pay you £10?

It's Wadjet Eye. And their games were considerably more expensive before they started selling larger amounts of copies via Steam and indie bundles. Rightly so too - selling more copies doesn't always equal getting more money.

That said, if The Footballer has some true appeal and unique features inside I'd personally give it away cheaply. It looks very niche and you can only benefit from the largest possible amount of people giving you feedback for this kind of first game.

Enni

New price for The Footballer £3.99.

Many thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk