The Blackwell Legacy

Started by Dave Gilbert, Sun 24/12/2006 02:37:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I think most people will agree with you that the game is light on length, Nikolas.  I think some games 'work' better when they're concise, particularly games that involve a case-like structure such as Blackwell Legacy.  I don't know if you played Sam and Max: Situation Comedy yet, but it took me about the same time to get through that, and I won't even go into how much more interesting the overall design of BL is to Telltale's new cashcow.

Nikolas

I agree with you Progzmax...

The thing that got me into thinking it would be longer was mainly the Day 1 and 2 thing... I was expecting something like a week or so... Otherwise I might not have noticed it.

OF course the case, and puzzles and everything in the game is very well balanced there is no doubt about that, and I do agree that a case needs to close itself in some reasonable time otherwise it tires...

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Don't worry, I'm needling Dave to make The Shivah 2 an epic adventure of Rabbinical pugilism!

Gregjazz

Why stop at two? Go for a trilogy, everyone's doing it these days.

Wogoat

But you have to pretend that everything in the third one was planned from the very beginning.

And then comes the prequels.
------------------------------------
It's Gravy!

Snarky

Dave, one thing that bothers me about the title sequence. In the screen for the graphics credit, why is Chris Femo printed in a different type from all the other names? It... stands out.

blueskirt

I did fell on a some glitches and bugs, 2 even crashed the game but overall it was simply awesome. I've waited for a conclusion to Bestowers of Eternity for a long time but the wait totally worth it. However I'd appreciate if you could subtitles the DVD style commentaries the next time.

nulluser

nikolaslogedoff

Quote from: TheVintageDemon on Thu 15/02/2007 15:59:36
I loved the game, although I'd rather not pay any money to play something...
So hold on. It appears that yoy played the game, without paying for it?

And anyway, how do you expect that Dave, and some other people live? By earning...nothing? You expect them to sweat and put their efforts, talent, etc, all for you? Just like that?

MrColossal

He just gave his opinion, Nik. He's allowed that. He played the game, I assume he bought it but would rather not pay money.

Calm down and don't be so quick to defend. VintageDemon didn't convince Dave to start making games for pay and quit his job, it's not VintageDemon's responsibility to keep Dave and Co. earning a living. It's up to Dave and Co. to create something that people will want to spend money on so they can earn a living.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Nikolas

Gregjazz

Quote from: TheVintageDemon on Thu 15/02/2007 15:59:36
I loved the game, although I'd rather not pay any money to play something...

Although you would rather not pay money to play something, did you enjoy The Blackwell Legacy and feel it was worth the purchase? Just trying to make sure I'm interpreting you correctly.

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: BlueSkirt on Thu 15/02/2007 13:37:54
I did fell on a some glitches and bugs, 2 even crashed the game but overall it was simply awesome. I've waited for a conclusion to Bestowers of Eternity for a long time but the wait totally worth it. However I'd appreciate if you could subtitles the DVD style commentaries the next time.

Hi Blueskirt,

Thanks!  I'm sorry you encountered some bugs and crashes.  Could you PM me to tell me what they were? 

I'm not sure about subtitling the commentaries, since they are kind of spontaneous and unstylized.  I basically plug the commentary in while I play the game (much like DVD commentaries are done while they watch the movie).  But, I can understand the desire to hear less of my annoying voice as possible.  So I'll think about it. :)

blueskirt

QuoteBut, I can understand the desire to hear less of my annoying voice as possible.  So I'll think about it. :)

Nah, it's just that I can at reading english but I'm not that good at listening at it. :)

Ali

I recently finished this game and I really enjoyed it.

It was quite short, but very well paced, which is what matters to me. It almost goes without saying that the graphics were very stylish, but the character portraits in particular were really inventive in their use of colour.

I've been waiting to find out how Bestowers of Eternity ended, and indeed what 'bestowers of eternity' actually meant. I wasn't disappointed, and I'm looking forward to the next episode!

Dave Gilbert

Just a bit o' news.  A few portals have expressed interest in distributing this game on their sites, but they have requested a few features like on-screen instructions and the ability to download the voicepack seperately (to cut down on filesize).  I'm in the midst of working on that.   

Also, in case anybody cares, the design for the sequel (which is called The Blackwell Convergence) is very near completion.  It is significantly longer than Legacy, and will go significantly deeper in the family's past.  Some questions will be answered, while others will be definitely raised. :)

proximity

Misunderstanding :) Congratulations for your game
Proximity Entertainment

Dave Gilbert

Erenan

It looks as though proximity posted something and then realized something he didn't understand before and edited it out of his post.
The Bunker

SinSin

I am going to be really honest here and say the following

At first i thought                                             "What    ...    PAY"
    Then i saw the trailer and thought               "My god thats fantastic "

Well done on this stunning creation there must have been some serious patience in this project but oh lordy it paid off.

Congratulations on this awesome looking and sounding game.
You guys have certainly raised the bar for games created with AGS if i may say so.

And nice work with the originality
Sin
Currently working on a project!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk