Shades of Greye

Started by discordance, Tue 26/01/2010 22:04:07

Previous topic - Next topic

discordance

You can skip dialogue by clicking the mouse. Kind of a deep dark secret there.

bicilotti

Quote from: discordance on Sun 14/02/2010 02:23:11
You can skip dialogue by clicking the mouse. Kind of a deep dark secret there.

pffft mouse is for losers! Keyboard skippable text ftw!

edit: </joke> seriously, it could be better to handle it via keyboard, being a keyboard driven game, imho.

edit II: ok, I've beaten it at "Bring it on, I'm a real man", but am not able to complete the "death becomes me" course (getting killed in the shooting before the cemetery). What's your strategy there?

edit III: will there be sequel?

discordance

Well I didn't want to make it skippable by any key, cause then if you happen to be holding down an arrow key and a cutscene suddenly starts you might see a few lines of dialogue zing by before you know what's going on.

As for the Last Stand at the Outhouse you might want to ask Ethan what his strategy is there :) But here are a few hints:

Spoiler
I usually cover the left and let Billy take the right. I use up less ammo and he has enough space to take down the one extra hound before it catches up.
Don't wait to empty your clip before reloading if possible, especially when the creepers appear.
Don't kill the two hounds one after the other. Leave a stretch of time between. That means they'll respawn further apart and you'll have a better chance of taking down the creeper before they get in your way.
When the creepers do appear and you have to reload, think about which side you're most likely to get swarmed on and face away from it, so Billy will cover it.
Good luck.
[close]

NsMn

....Im. Fucking. Possible.

discordance

discordance

Finaaaally made a new version! Easy mode is easier and there is more ammo for the final battle (on easier difficulties) so hopefully everyone can stop being mad about that now :)

tzachs

Cool game, discordance!
I gave up when I got to the giant grasshopper near the shipwreck though, I shot him about 30 times and he still didn't die, that bastard (and that was on the second easiest mode)!
Is it possible that every time I go inside the hole and come back his health goes up to 100% (that was my strategy)?

abstauber

Quote from: tzachs on Tue 02/03/2010 16:39:11
Cool game, discordance!
I gave up when I got to the giant grasshopper near the shipwreck though, I shot him about 30 times and he still didn't die, that bastard (and that was on the second easiest mode)!
Is it possible that every time I go inside the hole and come back his health goes up to 100% (that was my strategy)?

I took me exactly 33 hits ;)

discordance

Quote from: tzachs on Tue 02/03/2010 16:39:11

Basically he runs away after 6 hits in every room, and when you hit him a certain number of times he dies. Leaving the room doesn't reset his overall health (though it may reset the number of hits it takes to make him run. Not sure about that.)

Ethan D

Here's how I managed to beat the game:

Spoiler

I think the best trick for this game is to shoot and reload at about the same time.  Since you don't have to wait until the gun is down after firing you can shoot and reload and then shoot again at about the same time that you would be able to shoot again if you hadn't reloaded.

Also, for the final boss the easiest way to beat him without ever getting hit is to shoot and then immediately afterward start moving and then turn back and shoot again it's almost the same trick as last time but with movement instead of reloading.  It lets you constantly move away from it while still shooting.
[close]
I feel a bit like a loser for knowing the secrets to this game.  :-[
Oh well, that's what I get for playing it on "Death becomes me" mode.  ;D

Nice name for the difficulties by the way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk