Delete

Started by skitzo, Sun 30/03/2008 23:32:49

Previous topic - Next topic

skitzo

miguel

Hi Skitzo, first of all I really like the stools, they look like something from Lucky Luke,
Pay atention to the size of the bar, it should be much higher!
other than that, very good :)
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ryan Timothy B

It's not bad.  I try to avoid smudging completely, but since you say you are only using Paint and Gimp (I have no idea what Gimp is capable of), I can't really offer any suggestions.

The foot pole on the bottom of the bar isn't straight between the two stools.

Is that supposed to be stuffing hanging out of the stool? 
I really have no idea what those black oval things on the corner of the bar are, unless you're not finished yet.

skitzo

Ryan Timothy B

Does Gimp have layers?  If so, learn how to use them!  Trust me on how much this will improve drawing time.  Use a layer for the bar stools.  Use a layer for a couch.  Use a layer for a table sitting in a room, or a painting on the wall.

I imagine you made the bar first, slapped the bar stools in the photo, then decided 'hey, a nice pole at the bottom for their feet would be great' and that is why it's drawn from corner to stool, stool to stool, and stool to edge. (with three separate lines rather then one straight line)  If you had layers for the stools, you could have just drawn a straight line on the bar (or background) layer without drawing over the stools.

Start playing around with them, they'll be like second nature.  I hated them at first, and was always bitter with Photoshop always making new layers, now I use them more than I use the toilet (a nice corner works too).  haha

TwinMoon

You drew this in Paint? That's amazing!

I must say I'm not a big fan of smudging, it doesn't remind me of a cartoony style.
For a good example of a cartoony style, have download this game: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=33353.0

The perspective of the stool with the stuffing hanging out of it seems a little wrong. The seat should be more tilted, you should see more of it.

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 31/03/2008 00:37:47Does Gimp have layers?  If so, learn how to use them!  Trust me on how much this will improve drawing time.

I can only second this. With layers it's so easy to move things around.

skitzo

DanielH

Hey skitzo, http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Straight_Line/ Shows how to do straight lines. www.gimp.org has some other tutorials, and check out gimpology.com, which has a load more.

Also, the bottom part of the seat of the stool looks to flat to me, should be rounded more.

skitzo

Ryan Timothy B

QuoteWell I'll be...  Shocked Thanks DanielH. Good [Bye] MSPaint!
Good! You look like you have talent at drawing, just Paint was holding you back.  (I have no idea how some people draw amazing backgrounds with Paint, they have my respect)

skitzo

Ryan Timothy B

QuoteIt would all be a lot easier and faster for me if I could just take pen-to-paper instead of using a mouse.
*COUGH* Wacom pen tablet *COUGH*

ThreeOhFour

Skitzo, with regards to your blinking animation....

Blink. Right now. That's it, blink.

How slowly did you see your eyelids close? ;)

Blinking is a fast action, done in milliseconds. You could do your blink animation with just one in between frame from fully open to fully closed - it saves you drawing and importing time and looks more realistic.

Other than that, nice work, and keep it up :).

skitzo

markbilly

Now it is too fast, and looks like the lids just appear.

You need one frame in the middle, or, if you have that add another one...

skitzo

skitzo

skitzo

skitzo

None

;D Good luck with the Wacom Tablet! I have one, and still found it like fingerpainting... Too inprecise... But I've heard ppl can do WONDERS with them! And I think if you keep going, you may become a MASTER at spriting the blinking animation! J/K everyone's given ya good advice on that one... As for your artwork, I'd grade them but WHOOO, which ONE?
SKATER: 4/10 [****'''''']
Clint Eastwood 6/10 [******'''']
STORM 7/10 [*******''']
BARSTOOLS 5/10 [*****''''']

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk