Indiana Jones and the Secret of Pandora Character Sprites

Started by Kaio, Sun 21/12/2008 19:37:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaio

Hi!

I posted my Indiana Jones Sprite here some time ago. I'm part of a Team now that creates a Indiana Jones Point'n'Click fangame. And I'm the character designer. I always got helpfull advices here, how to improve my spriting and I hope you'll gve some critics and comments on the upcoming sprites. I'll post them along with a short character description, for more information check http://secretofpandora.org/. Oh btw, we are still looking for a background artist. If someone is interested, just PM me!

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones is the hero of the game and a professor at Barnett College.
If he isn't teaching his students about archaology he likes to cross the nazi's evil plans.
And of course he will be the big villain of the nazis in this game, and this not only once....

Henry Jones Sr.

Henry Jones Sr. is one of the better known fathers in filmhistory. After involving Indy in all kind of trouble before he joins the fun again and this time it won't have a better end.
Even though his life is hard in this game he will always trust his son.

Sophia Hapgood

Sophia Hapgood is a wellknown friend of Indy. They both travelled to Atlantis together and she is also involved in this adventure. Because she is interested in greek mythology they ways will cross.
Furthermore she has transcendental powers that let her feel when evil spirits are near.

Marcus Brody

Marcus Brody is one of Indy's best friends. Always helpful and brave he will have to help Indy in this Game too.

Arnold Donovan

Arnold Donovan is the one and only known son of Walter Donovan that helped the Nazis to find the Holy Grail.
Now Arnold swore to server Hitler. In this Adventure he wants to prove this to everyone doubting his words by bringing Hitler Pandoras Box.

Hauptmann Barmberg

Hauptmann Hubert Barmberg is a Nazileader in the SS. He faces Indy very soon and likes to repeatedly step in his way.
He wants Pandoras Box as much as everyone else involved. Indiana will learn some quite interesting things about this man soon enough...

Oberst Steiner

Oberst Steiner is also a SS-Leader but higher than Barmberg and a lot older too.
He devoted his life to the Führer and will do anything to give Pandora's Box to the Führer personally, even though he may lose his life for it.

Prof. Albus Guenzel

Prof. Guenzel is a Professor, that is forced by the Nazis to help them find the Secret of Pandora, or, for a start Pandora's box.
While Indy is talking with him he tells him about his true thoughts or does he betray Indy too?

Prof. Ann August

Prof. Ann August is a friend of Indiana that lifes on Cuba.

Harry Bone

Harry Bone is a friend of Indiana that lifes on Island.

Thanks for your attention!

Greets, Kaio

bog

these sprites look really good but i've got some observations:

Indiana Jones - his right hand(his right) seems a little weird, kinda stiff

Henry Jones Sr. - his hands look really weird,i can see you've changed the shading a bit but it's not enough. also he doesn't look as old as he should. it might be the face but maybe the body looks too athletic for his age also

Sophia Hapgood - her breasts are way big and generally her whole body looks a little too massive. also the eyes seem a little weird, maybe too far apart or something

Arnold Donovan - that one light pixel that breaks the shadow under the chin really bugs me

Hauptmann Barmberg - those light pixels under the chin look weird, the light source is supposed to be above so he should have some chin shadow there. the lower left (his left) part of his coat makes it seem like he's in motion or something. also the coat's collar(or whatever it's called) is shaded a little weird to me

Prof. Albus Guenzel - shading on his arms looks weird, the ligth source is suposed to be above, right?

Harry Bone - shading on his shirt kinda looks like some dinosaur slashed at him. also his right leg should maybe be a little curved(from the belt to the knee)

hope all of this helps you, i'm not so experienced so maybe some of these advices are a little off. i really like the sprites though and look forward to playing your game

bog

forgot something about Prof. Ann August - her shoulders seem too broad for her thin waist

Dualnames

They all seem of high quality but the more NPCs you make the detail loses..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

MadReizka

Pretty sweet looking sprites there, but only thing that came to my mind first was that they somehow resemble each other too much. I mean that they should have more details that separate them from each other. Like the Indy and Steven Spielberg there look way too much alike (atleast when shown side to side like that).
So that would be something I would work on.
I do music and visual effects:
http://www.distantshitfilms.net/personal/

Indosity

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Way to necropost, there.  This thread is close to a year old!  Please don't revive threads older than about 4 months unless you're the original poster.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk