Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

theo

Thanks Gothic + Leafshade. This made me realize that I am not running the newest release of AGS.

This however gives rise to another question -which honestly I feel a bit stupid asking- where can I download AGS 3.2? I found a thread in the technical forum but the dl link was broken.  :(

GarageGothic

This URL (from 3.2 release thread) works fine for me.

theo

thanks, man! Antialiasing is working fine now!

m0ds

How do I stop Vista from activating my audio outputs ONLY when they're plugged in?

For eg. Forever I've been able to pull out the headphone jack and replace it with speaker jack and the music will continue. But not currently.

Dualnames

Change to Windows7 man! Or back to XP. Vista is really shit. I know I'm not helping much, but you know you want it m0ds. Go INTO THE LIGHT! :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

m0ds

Hey, it's good advice Jim - trust me. This machine CAME with XP, then when it crashed in the summer I tried to re-install it but for some dagnam reason it wouldn't let me! So the only option I had was Vista. I'll be saving up for a new PC next year so yes hopefully it will come with Windows 7. But I bet it'll still be shitty about headphones being plugged in or not!  :P

LRH

New question from Domithan!
Huzzah!

So it's this:
WHAT THE HELL MOVIE AM I THINKING OF?!
It's been driving me crazy.

Clearly I don't know the title, but I only caught a portion of it on TV when I was a kid and it scared the crap out of me. All I can remember was that there was that creatures from fairy tales came to life, silenced everyone, and was tearing our their hearts. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

LRH

That's it! Thank you!

Just watched it on netflix, never been a fan of Buffy before,but it was interesting! Also substantially less scary than it was 11 years ago :P Even a bit funny, at points.

Snarky

Quote from: Domithan on Mon 01/11/2010 17:26:52
I only caught a portion of it on TV when I was a kid and it scared the crap out of me.

I am old.  :(

Anian

Oh, yeah, I remember that episode somewhat and yes it was scary...well more like creepy. I also remember the one about a girl that everybody ignored so much that she actually became invisible, I don't remember much more, even though I followed the series at the begining (later the whole Angel situation where he's bad but not etc. and the whole soapy affairs just turned me off the show).
I don't want the world, I just want your half

m0ds

An ask for something... if anyone is (or you know anyone) particularly passionate about creating nifty animated logo's then please get in touch. I need someone to create a 15-25 second animated intro for Screen7 for use in my projects, especially so for the new Ben jordan movie. I'm not talking GIFs but fully animated 3D sequences. Anything simple like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M756gBa1rxY

Or complex like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep5PDKxtHp8

You would have total creative control, no need to use the current Screen7 logo format. All I can offer is that you'll see it used for the next decade or so in my projects :) And several beers/cokes in the future should I meet you. PM me if you might be able to help! If enough people are interested I'll make a new thread & let the AGSers pick their favourite.

m0ds

oh man oh man some company called 2checkout.com have somehow taken 20 quid out of my paypal, I haven't ordered anything... how could this happen :(

Contents of your purchase :
Product ID : 14
Vendor Product ID : 012
Product Description : Wi-Free Business Voucher Code
Product Name : Wi-Free Business Plan
Quantity : 1
Handling Fee : 0.00

WTF :| Who should I report this too, paypal?

How do I disable my card from my paypal account? meh

EDIT. Mm, okay, trying the "resolution centre" thing. This happened to anyone else before?

Bulbapuck

How do I order stuff online?

No, really. I've never bought anything online, and it's incredibly confusing to me.

I'm sitting with this thing I have to fill out, and I don't know what the hell they want me to write.

My confusion starts with the fact that I have to fill out a "billing address" which will be used as the shipping address too. But I'm going to pay with a master-card, so I don't know what they're going for here.

My confusion then continues when I reach the "address line" bit. What is it they want here? As city, country and zip-code are asked for separately, am I only supposed to write the street and street-number?

Then came country and city, and everything is cristal clear. But then came "state", and I'm confused as fuck. Do I write "Sweden" again?

Can you guys help me out?

cat

Billing adress is usually the same as the shipping address, unless the thing you buy is a present. Then you put your address in the billing address field and your friends address in the shipping address field. Your friend will get the present and you will get the bill.

The state field is for people from the USA, you can probably leave it empty or write sweden again.

Bulbapuck

m0ds

I wonder if anyone knows the name of an old cartoon which intercrossed with some real footage, I think it was about a fat kid (in the cartoon segment) and his older self (a fat elder man) I think looking back at himself. That's about all I remember of it. Oh and he was quite obnoxious, always shouting stuff. "JUST DO IT!" I'm really looking for its name, I haven't got a clue what it could be though, or what channel it used to be on. But me and my friends enjoyed it many years ago. Anyone remember anything like that?

GarageGothic

Probably not it, but I can't help thinking of Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, though I would assume you'd have mentioned Bill Cosby being in it (and besides he was neither fat nor elderly at the time). Still, obnoxious as fuck :)

m0ds

Hehe thanks, I vaguely remember that one, but no, it was most definitely a fat, white kid :)

jetxl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk