Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

kintarooost

Hello

I'm a newbie here who has a question for all of you :D

Can I make an adult/erotic adventure with AGS?
I was searching on all the FAQ documents and the AGS policy document (it says that there are no policy :D)and I didn't find anything about it.

I've not decided about how much spicy I want to do the graphics, It may be something just spicy like the Larry games or maybe something more exlicit. I'm pretty sure that I won't have any problem with something spicy, but I don't know if the creator of AGS will allow something more explicit made with his engine.

Babar

You can make whatever you want, the content you create can't really be regulated by the creator of AGS (or anyone, really).
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Retro Wolf

@kintaroost: I can remember reading about a sexually explicit game made in AGS, I think he even tried to sell it. Something to do with "bears" (not the animal kind).

KodiakBehr

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Sun 02/02/2014 20:05:11
@kintaroost: I can remember reading about a sexually explicit game made in AGS, I think he even tried to sell it. Something to do with "bears" (not the animal kind).

Phew!

Snarky

A while ago I read a webcomic, and now I can't track it down.

I remember it as being in the style of The Oatmeal or SMBC. It was about Jesus (I'm pretty sure) and a bunch of his disciples. Jesus gives them instructions on doing charity for the poor (give away all your possessions, etc.), but each time the disciples report back that it has just made things worse: making ever more people destitute, undercutting local merchants and thereby wrecking the economy, and so on. In the end, Jesus gives them a commandment that's about (something along the lines of) promoting growth by supporting stable institutions and the rule of law, and investing in local entrepreneurs.

Does anyone recognize this to point me in the right direction?

Eric

Anyone know of a free program for OS that will (1) allow me to view and rotate .obj files and (2) apply varied lighting circumstances to them? The latter doesn't need to be incredibly complex, but I'd like to control intensity and angle at least.

Rendering doesn't need to be all that advanced, either. I use 3D models as reference, not as finals.

selmiak

blender can import .obj files. You might need to search around for plugins for lightsources, or it was for renderers, but it can't get freeer than that...

Eric

D'oh! I always think Blender is a pay program, but it's Poser I'm thinking of! Thanks, selmiak!

Retro Wolf

Quote from: Eric on Sun 09/02/2014 20:57:09
D'oh! I always think Blender is a pay program, but it's Poser I'm thinking of! Thanks, selmiak!

Alternate software to Poser, there's DAZ Studio.
http://www.daz3d.com/

I haven't properly checked it out myself, but it might be worth looking into.

Ryan Timothy B

What's that game called with the little green (I think?) people that walk along and you need to get them to an ending or something, and apparently clicking one will have them explode. I believe it's something like Lemons or Lemors or something. A friend is bugging me to remember what this is called because she says it's the best game she's ever played when she was younger.

DoorKnobHandle

Ryan Timothy B

Janos Biro

You can't trust anything these days...
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

Nikolas

[idiot mode]

I have several scanned illustrations (for the kickstater project) which are at a certain size, scanned at 72 DPI.

If I go inside GIMP (or PS) and change the dpi to a higher setting (300 dpi, which is necessary for printing) the size, obviously is reduced. If I actually go ahead and DO THAT, does it destroy the scan quality, or I'm fine with such 'conversion' taking place?

Alternatively I could just ask them to rescan them at 300 dpi, but because most are in A3 size, I think that it's not exactly easy to do... :-/

[/idiot mode]

Thanks ^_^

Problem

The quality won't change at all and the image will still be the same. However the printed result will be smaller, because a higher dpi setting means a higher print resolution. It's simple maths: convert an image from 100 to 200 dpi and it will appear at half the size when printed, though the quality and size in pixels is not touched at all. So you'll have to make sure that the printed images are still big enough after the conversion. If they aren't they'll have to be rescanned.
The size in dpi or pixels are relative values. What you really want to know is if the image resolution is high enough to be printed with 300 dpi at a given size.

Nikolas

As I thought it would be then! Right now, as it stands an image at 72 dpi is 87x116 cm, while at 300 dpi I get 20x28 roughly. So it's almost enough for my purposes!

Thanks!

Slasher

Hi,

Are you carrying a Flame torch or Torch flame?

slasher

NickyNyce

A torch, or flame torch. But here in the USA, torch is fine. Even when it's on fire, we call it a torch.

arj0n

As for torch and flame: you use a torch to light a flame.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk