Grades!

Started by MillsJROSS, Tue 06/05/2003 16:56:48

Previous topic - Next topic

MillsJROSS

It's that time of year again, at least for me. How'd you guys fare, how do you think you will fare, and are you faring at this moment?

I got 2A's and 3B's, which I'm not too happy about, but as my GPA is still above 3.5, I won't worry too much about it. The only thing that pisses me off is getting a B in math, I must have done poorly on the final, because I was sure I had aced that class (It was only precalc, which I had basically already taken in high school twice over). However, I did make a B in Physical Anthropology, which I wouldn't suggest a class that anyone should take. I had to restrain myself from suicide while listening to lectures on how this bone structure/fragment was diffrent from the last one, where it was found, how old it was, and what new species grouping it was to be found in leading up to Homo Sapiens. The teacher wouldn't curve the individual tests, instead she did it all at the end with everyone's raw score. Which a curve is good, either way, but no one in the class had any idea as to how they were doing grade wise. Our last midterms average was 50, you know there's something wrong with a test when it's that bad. But enough of my bitching, I made the grade, I just don't suggest anyone else take the class. If you do, though, try to study each day, it'll probably process much better, as I tend to wait the night before.

-MillsJROSS

Barcik

4 finals coming up (History, Math, Computers and Physics) and I should do well in all.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Jimi

I am doing my year nine SATs at the moment (NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!) It was sooooooooooo boring today. It was the 2 science tests. I know I did shit, but luckily I am top out of year nine and ten at maths (acording to the test the top 5 year nine, ten, and eleven students did, in which I came second behind a year eleven  ;D)

Adamski

Final A-Level exams. Starting in two weks on monday. Big stress. Going to fail. Bleh

Matt Brown

grades as of now
Steel Drum Band A+
English 10 A+
Latin II B- if I'm lucky
World Studies. A++
Chemisry. Got A's the first 3 quarters, now have a C- for the last one, cause teh teacher screwed up. Figure i'll get a B last nine weeks, and an A or A- as a final
Jazz Band A+
Algerbra II B
Concert Band A+
Health A+

GPA (cum. for all high school classes taken 3.58)
not good, considering that that makes my class rank barely over 50%...my high school is super competitve.
word up

Jimi

I normal lessons (we don't get big exams in this lesson, just tiny tests every now and again) I never get less than an A in Music. You can't get more than that in music!

Trapezoid

I'm technically a dropout :D

Las Naranjas

An elementary school dropout at that?
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Trapezoid

Nay, preschool.

Matt Brown

i got expelled from preschool for biting people. its weird...it was a jewish preschool, and I wasn't jewish. so, they didnt really want me there. and after  I bit someone important, they made me leave
word up

evenwolf

Funny that you should ask, as I ran all over campus today in order to drop a class that would have plummeted my GPA. Now, instead, it will only take me 7 years to graduate college. Sweet.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Sluggo

Well, it's not like (Junior year in) High School can really compare to College in difficulty, but I just found out today that my GPA is 98.16 (3.9 I guess it translates as), so that's pretty cool I guess. I'm #2 in my class, but watch out Milissa Lewis!

Hey, Mr. Panda, what's your schedule at school? How do you manage to fit 9 classes into it?

Matt Brown

actually, I have 10. I left off STAR which is a independant study corse for computer science.

I have a class before school, and a class during lunch (jazz band)

what can I say? I love the drums, and I'm a high flyer. I own the school record for classes in a year, and will have the credits record.
word up

DragonRose

Weeee! I'm getting an 81% in my top six OAC's, and I recently got excepted to a university (still waiting to hear back from a few others). I had to drop one course this semester, which was supposed to be stupid easy, but I was getting a seventy percent in. However, in the hardest non-math OAC, I'm getting 81%. Go figure.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

edmundito

oh.. I just got an F in one of my classes... F@$%, I'm going to have to retake that class in the summer...

My gpa is 3.0.. and I can' t go lower than that cause they'll reduce my scholarship.

Yeah, it's been a terrible year for me  :(
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

MrColossal

i'm graduating in 5 days...

*begins crying*
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

remixor

I don't really know my grades yet, but I've finals coming up and who the hell knows how that will go...
These are all guesses as to my average right now.  I'm not going to pretend I know all the plusses and minuses or anything yet

Music Criticism 49A: A
Muicianship 49B: A
Music Harmony 49C:B
Piano 405C: Pass (no grades in that class)
Cello 40: Pass (same)
Computer Science 39K: Pass (same)
Political Science 2: B

I'm doing ok at the moment, but the end of this semester really snuck up on my and I'm worried as hell for these final exams.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Timosity

I'm glad I don't have to think about these types of things anymore.

last course I did I got straight A's and passed with distinction, that's enough 4 me and to get into the course I was selected on selection test and personality test, they took 32 people from over 1000 applicants.

It hasn't got anything to do with my current job either, grades mean shit, uni can help get you a degree, but unless you do a specific course, good luck getting a job with it in this day and age.

well at least a job you want to do.

Good luck to everyone sitting exams, but remember it's not the end of the world if you don't get what you want.

remixor

Yeah, my degree is going to be worthless as soon as I get it.  I'm a bloody music major.  What on earth do I do with that?  Well, who knows.  I guess I'll find out in a few years  ::)

Pumaman

Congrats everyone, but remember that academic achievements are just pieces of paper - what really matters is your ability to cope with the situation when being swallowed by a giant shark in the middle of the atlantic ocean.

Jimi

Yes, and knowing how to bend a monkey into a wrench. Not forgetting learning to hold your breath for ten minutes.

remixor

CJ: Yeah, I know.  If I was counting on my degree to get me through life I'd major in computer science or something.  I'm just going to take everything as it comes and see what happens ;)

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I got a rud eshock after getting 45% in scientific process in physics.  >:( Now how the hell did that happen?
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

MrColossal

i graduate from college in 2 hours... goddamn
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

MillsJROSS

Congradulations, eric. How long do we have to wait before you drunk and in a gutter?

-MillsJROSS

here in norway we get grades on a scale from 1 to 6. I've got aprox. 3.5
totally average. I've got two exams coming up.
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

Ginny

Quote from: remixor on Wed 07/05/2003 12:23:18
Yeah, my degree is going to be worthless as soon as I get it.  I'm a bloody music major.  What on earth do I do with that?  Well, who knows.  I guess I'll find out in a few years  ::)

You're welcome to do music for games I'll do, lol, making AGs is my dream and I'm sticking to it. I'll probably first work in programming or something, but I hope to make adventure games.
Anyway, I have time if I wanna change my mind, I'm on in the 8th grade. I do pretty well, most of my math tests are 100 or 98, in the final grades it's been 100 so far. Science-last test was 95
Mostly I get good grades like these.

In high school I'll probably study computers, it's my favorite subject, even when it's scripting and stuff. I just hope my school will teach computers well, I haven't met any comp teachers at school cause we don't have computers. Hopefully it'll be good. I capable of studying on my own, but a good teacher is always helpful :).
I hope my current maths teacher will teach me in high school, she's great!

P.s. What do some of you hope to work at in the future? Anyone else going in the computers direction? Just wondering. :)

edit: congrats eric! good luck! :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Pumaman

eric: hehe nice one, enjoy your summer :)

Quote from: GinnyW on Tue 13/05/2003 19:08:47
P.s. What do some of you hope to work at in the future? Anyone else going in the computers direction? Just wondering. :)

Sadly, the streets are not paved with gold in IT any more. I did a computing degree, and consider myself lucky to have a job at the moment.

If you're into computers then by all means go for it, but the days of encouraging everyone to do IT, filled with promises of endless riches, are unfortunately now over.

But then, who knows - in 10 years time, it could well be a totally different story. :)

Femme Stab Mode >:D

My father can't find a job in IT. There are lots and lots of programers around right now. Right now, engineers get lots of money.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

MillsJROSS

As in all things, nothing ever remains constant, and you can expect to have waves of highs and lows. In a couple of years, who knows how long, the demand for IT will be back on the rise.

It's like nurses. People are told "Hey, become a nurse. You'll get paid a nice bit of cash." So what happens is all these people listen to other people, and soon you have a bunch of nurses, so the demand for this skilled labor goes down, and thus the payment that they recieve also goes down. However, now people are saying, "Don't become a nurse, they don't make enough money." So then there are fewer new nurses and the demand goes back up, and more money is spent on them. And the cycle continues.

Which proves, it's probably better to jump on the wagon now, on a low, so when you enter the market, in any field that is similar, your skills sets might be demanded more.

-MillsJROSS

Matt Brown

i thought nurses were still wanted. I got lots of letters from nursing schools, I said I wanted to be in either IT or jounalism
word up

earlwood

I have high 80's in my classes...got a little lazy some places, just don't care in the others, but I got to knuckle down and hit the books in high school next year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk