So I'm in the FBLA now...

Started by R4L, Sat 09/02/2008 03:40:04

Previous topic - Next topic

R4L

I have been for a little while now, but it was today that I actually competed at a nearby college called USC, the Utica School of Commerce.

I placed 3rd in Word Processing II, which is making 7 documents with Microsoft Word with a certain time limit.

I was wondering if anyone else is in the FBLA?

Emerald

FBLA?

Fruitlessly Bland Lamer Awards?

LimpingFish

The Future Business Leaders of America.

We never really had anything like that here, though various business industry "meet and greet"/one day conference-type gatherings are usually held for students making the transition from school to college, who have an interest in, or look likely to excel in, business related areas.

Well done for placing 3rd. :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Emerald

Quote from: Eggie on Sat 09/02/2008 18:32:14
Flabby Astronauts of Los Angeles?

Where the heck did 'Astronauts' come from...?

voh

I think he meant "Blastronauts", who just so happen to be astronauts with blasters.
Still here.

Candall

Quote from: voh on Sat 09/02/2008 20:48:11
I think he meant "Blastronauts", who just so happen to be astronauts with blasters.

But... I thought that all astronauts have those...  ???

Tuomas

Yeah, they did. Then they formed the Non-Blaster Astronauts, or, NBA as we know it.

Eggie

There is something wrong with both my heads today...

voh

Take a chill pill, Zaphod my man, and relax those two half-a-brains of yours.

Also, no FBLA here, and wouldn't want to be in one. I'm not the business leader-type. I'm the artist type.

So I need the FBBW (Future Broke Bastards of the World) rather more than I'd need the FBLA.
Still here.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Quotemaking 7 documents with Microsoft Word with a certain time limit.

I can do that, providing you don't mind the documents have a minimum and maximum number of one word.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

FSi++

Isn't it Florida Boy Lovers Associanion? Ew, am I bad, bad, spoiled person even to think that!
Or maybe that's Female Boxing Lawyers Association? If so, congratulation, you'll make one wonderful bride.
OR it could be Faxmachines Baking Legalisation in America, the blokes who I'll probably never be able to understand.
Ah, nonono, it must be Faux Beards and Lingeries Association, welcome to our little club, matey!

R4L

Quote from: LimpingFish on Sat 09/02/2008 20:05:01
The Future Business Leaders of America.

We never really had anything like that here, though various business industry "meet and greet"/one day conference-type gatherings are usually held for students making the transition from school to college, who have an interest in, or look likely to excel in, business related areas.

Well done for placing 3rd. :)

Thanks. :)

I should have spelt out FBLA. Now I have to read what comes out of your twisted minds. ;)

QuoteIsn't it Florida Boy Lovers Associanion?

No, but you should consider joining.  :=

Staale

So... Umm... You get to become a leader of America if you can make a MS Word document really fast?

Tuomas

yeah, you know, that's how it differs. Where I come from, people expect us to know how to read and write without difficulties, but some places have different policies.

Emerald

Quote from: Tuomas on Wed 13/02/2008 09:28:56
yeah, you know, that's how it differs. Where I come from, people expect us to know how to read and write without difficulties, but some places have different policies.

Hah, the Finnish language is scary. It sounds like you guys are pissed off all the time...

tube

Quote from: Emerald on Wed 13/02/2008 12:04:27
Hah, the Finnish language is scary. It sounds like you guys are pissed off all the time...

Maybe we are. ;) I blame the long winters.

R4L

Quote from: Staale on Wed 13/02/2008 09:01:30
So... Umm... You get to become a leader of America if you can make a MS Word document really fast?

Well no, that's just one of the many areas you can excel at. I also competed in Business Procedures and Business Calculations. I was supposed to compete in Marketing and Keyboarding, but I don't use all of my fingers when I type, and that would have got me disqualified. I got taken out of marketing because there was someone in my group who could do it better, and he did. He got 1st. :)

All in all, we took, as a group, 32 awards.

FSi++

Quote from: R4L on Tue 12/02/2008 20:14:25
QuoteIsn't it Florida Boy Lovers Associanion?

No, but you should consider joining.  :=

Oh come on, you know I'm nowhere NEAR Florida (and even if I were, I don't like boys).

Tuomas

Quote from: R4L on Wed 13/02/2008 14:08:14
I was supposed to compete in Marketing and Keyboarding, but I don't use all of my fingers when I type, and that would have got me disqualified.

Yes I see where that comes from. I jerk off with only four fingers around my ... And people look at me like I was a freak of nature :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk