T-Mobile G1 with Android

Started by monkey0506, Wed 22/10/2008 00:04:40

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

I don't know if I mentioned it but I now work indirectly for T-Mobile who will be officially launching their new phone the G1 tomorrow. As such I've been given the opportunity to play with this phone. It has a full touch screen, track ball, and full QWERTY keyboard. It's pretty nice. We've also collaborated with Google in designing the phone and it has lots of built-in features. Basically I just wanted to post from the phone. Also it uses the open-source Android platform which seems nice.

Andail

And how much do you get to advertise here?

InCreator

monkey0506

:=

Actually it's a pretty nice phone and I didn't know if anyone else had heard about it. I only got paid my normal hourly rate while at work, so I guess you could say that's how much I made for the advert.

Of course at this point if I say anything else about the phone it's just shameless advertising...but, oh well.

Paper Carnival

I read a lot of time ago that Google was going to work with some other company to make a mobile phone. What I also read is that all the software of that mobile would be open source - everything would be customizable down to the core. I checked the homepage of this mobile but couldn't find anything like this. Is it true, or did they scrap the idea?

monkey0506

The phone uses the open-source Android platform:

http://code.google.com/android/

Paper Carnival

Oooh nice, I kinda missed that part in your original post :-[. Well, that's lovely. I hope it will be successful, because open-source = good!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk