Ben There but Can't Dan That

Started by Kweepa, Sun 13/07/2008 23:50:29

Previous topic - Next topic

robvalue

Haydn, here's some hints for you to help you without giving it away, in decreasing order of subtelty:

Hint 1

Spoiler

Have a look at what other objects you need to open the doors to the other dimensions. See if something looks familiar.
[close]

Hint 2

Spoiler

Check out the pub again, you need to get something from here. You should have the items you need.
[close]

Hint 3

Spoiler

You need to get the top hat from the barman, so you'll have to get him to leave. He says he's tired of dealing with drunkards collapsing... Have you been to all the rooms in the pub?
[close]

Solution if the hints don't help

Spoiler

Go through the back door in the pub, and then use the key to unlock the far left door to the cellar. Go into it and use the tubes which go into the beer kegs to switch them round. Go back up to the main pub room and talk to the lager louts. Ask them about their drinking game, keep talking to them until they drink up after saying 'come on England'. They should collapse which is the last straw for the poor barman.
[close]

Haydn

Rob... thank you. I'm pretty sure I'd tried that before without managing to get it done. Made progress. Much appreciated.

Haydn

Quote from: Haydn on Sat 26/07/2008 14:10:50
Rob... thank you. I'm pretty sure I'd tried that before without managing to get it done. Made progress. Much appreciated.

However, and I do apologize for the double post... I am desperately stuck trying to find whatever opens the door to the hot room now. I feel really, really dense.

olafmoriarty

Spoiler
The key to the hot world is the model X-wing, from the dino world.
[close]

Spoiler
To get it, you have to "distract" the T-Rex who won't let you have it.
[close]

Spoiler
There is another item in the room which can help you with that.
[close]

Spoiler
The nerdosaurus' Death Star. But of course, the nerdosaurus won't let you use that either, so he needs to be distracted...
[close]

Spoiler
In the conversation with the nerdosaurus he mentions a hobby that he takes very much pride in, and could probably get him away from his desk...
[close]

Spoiler
He holds the high score on one of the arcade machines in the back of the room. Beat his highscore, and he'll come after you to try beating it again.
[close]

Spoiler
Ben sucks at the arcade game, so let Dan play it.
[close]

Spoiler
Now, interact with the death star.
[close]

... and the key is free for you to take!

Haydn

Quote from: olafmoriarty on Sat 26/07/2008 15:36:09
Spoiler
Help
[close]

... and the key is free for you to take!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! ><

Nostradamus

Help please:
Spoiler
There's two dimensions I'm stuck in - I can't break the lamp to get the Yin (but I guess that comes later) and I can't pass the lava to get the spanner. Inventory: lighter, scissors, hand, bible, rock, blue tack, sponge, thermus filled with lava, moonshine, loo cakes. What's my next move?
[close]
Please give a full direct answer, NOT hints!

olafmoriarty

Quote from: Nostradamus on Sat 26/07/2008 19:09:50
Help please:
Spoiler
There's two dimensions I'm stuck in - I can't break the lamp to get the Yin (but I guess that comes later) and I can't pass the lava to get the spanner. Inventory: lighter, scissors, hand, bible, rock, blue tack, sponge, thermus filled with lava, moonshine, loo cakes. What's my next move?
[close]
Please give a full direct answer, NOT hints!

Spoiler
Lava world: Go to fish-n-chips shop, get a board from the boarded-up door. Use board on lava.
[close]

If you haven't got the required item to remove this item:
Spoiler
In spaceship, check the area between two doors -- I seem to recall it was the dino world door and the 51st state world door -- there's a hidden door there which wasn't there before, but you can now open it. In there, you'll find the crowbar.
[close]

The item you need for the other puzzle you're mentioning is in a world you haven't unlocked yet.

Haydn

Well I'm down to taking care of the camera (at least I figure that's the only thing left in the museum) and I'm most stumped. Any help? Much appreciated.

olafmoriarty

Spoiler
You have to throw something at it.
[close]

Spoiler
Cover the lens with mud.
[close]

Spoiler
If you don't have the mud, you can get it in the museum (same room as the dioramas and comic books).
[close]

Spoiler
To take the mud, swap the rock with it.
[close]

Haydn

Again, many a thanks. Wonderful game, had fun playing through it.

Nonax

Just opened top-hat door, now I'm stuck
Spoiler
I have lighter, scissors,book,rock,hand with blu,sponge,coins and urinal pasty
[close]

robvalue

Nonax:

I'm assuming you are
Spoiler
in the lift?
[close]
If you're past that bit then you're in
Spoiler
the dino room
[close]
Hints for that have been posted above so I won't repeat them :)

Hint 1
Spoiler
Examine the panel, this should give you a clue as to what to do next.
[close]

Solution
Spoiler
Use the rock on the panel.
[close]

Hint 2
Spoiler
Looks like the wire needs fixing?
[close]

Solution
Spoiler
Use the wire.
[close]

Nonax

Thanx Rovalue! I'm totally jurrasic now!
Quote from: robvalue on Sun 27/07/2008 10:05:22
Nonax:

I'm assuming you are
Spoiler
in the lift?
[close]
If you're past that bit then you're in
Spoiler
the dino room
[close]
Hints for that have been posted above so I won't repeat them :)

Hint 1
Spoiler
Examine the panel, this should give you a clue as to what to do next.
[close]

Solution
Spoiler
Use the rock on the panel.
[close]

Hint 2
Spoiler
Looks like the wire needs fixing?
[close]

Solution
Spoiler
Use the wire.
[close]

robvalue

You're welcome :) I'll keep a look out in this thread if you need any more hints.

Nikodemus

Hello
Spoiler
I am by the Bible verses, but I only have a swedish bible. Should that affect the outcome somehow?

Here's what I got:
Job 15: 30: "He won't escape the darkness, he is a weed that is burnt in the heat."
Kings 18: 45: "Meanwhile the sky was covered with dark clouds, it blew and started to rain"
Acts 2: 2: "Suddenly from the sky a noise like that of a stormwind, and it filled the entire house where they were"
(Very loose translation)

Are there going to be other puzzles like this?
[close]

Gilbert

Spoiler

I don't understand, you don't, ever, need a [real] bible for this game.
[close]

Spoiler
Just check the pillars and the bible in the game.
[close]

Nikodemus

Sorry. I get my... own ideas...

Anyway, I am stuck again:

Spoiler
What do i do to warm the guy up after melting the ice? Is it the moonshine? How do I get the moonshine from those bums?
[close]

olafmoriarty

Spoiler
Give the guys videogames!
[close]

Spoiler
You find them in a cardboard box in dino world; use scissors to open the box.
[close]

wendy

Spoiler
I have read the hints about the light switch at the beginning of the game, but I can't figure out how to turn off the switch so that I can take the wire.
[close]

robvalue

Wendy:

Hint
Spoiler
Ben says only a complete idiot would touch the light switch, so maybe he's not the man for the job? Maybe there's another action you haven't tried yet? (Cycling with right mouse button)
[close]

Solution
Spoiler
You need to cycle through the actions until you get Dan's head. Use that to click on the light switch. Apparently he loves doing that! Now you can safely touch the wire.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk