The Devil's Shroud part 2

Started by snowdog, Sun 12/06/2005 12:38:49

Previous topic - Next topic

paolo

Quote from: paolo on Fri 03/02/2006 13:55:27
Spoiler

If I look at my wallet in the inventory, it says "I'm not rich."  Before I gave the coins to the sax player, I'm pretty sure the message was "I have some coins".  Maybe I have to go back to the sax player and steal the coins back again :)  I'll try that.
[close]

I just checked to see how things are at the start of the game and
Spoiler

the first time you look at your wallet, you see there is a 50-euro note, some coins and your visiting cards, then whenever you look at your wallet after that, it says "I'm not rich", so I might be all right, I don't know.
[close]

paolo

Duh, I just
Spoiler

clicked my wallet on the telescope and there was already a 20c coin in there :-[
[close]

paolo

OK, now I am
Spoiler

at the bookstall.  I play the sound of the seagull to the bookseller and he walks away, but I still can't pick up the book (Leonard says "I don't think the bookseller likes people to touch his books."

So how do I get the book?  Am I meant to swap it for another?
[close]

sthomannch

paolo
Spoiler

When the bookseller walks off, move the leg of the table. The table will collapse and you can then read the book (as far as I remember, you can't keep it)
[close]

sthomannch

Spoiler

Or should you pull a pin in the leg? Anyway, you know where to search
[close]

paolo

How do I
Spoiler

make the rubbing of the faces in the abbey?  I have the burnt cork and pencil.  Where do I find some paper?  None of the paper I have at the moment (reservation, newspaper, hotel brochure, business card, etc) does anything when I try to put it against the face, either in the full-screen shot or the distant shot.

Someone has mentioned a notebook, but the only notebook I have is the computer in the hotel room.  There is the notebook in the drawer, but I'm not able to pick it up.  What notebook is being referred to.

It's a bit of a shame this game is so linear that it is makes it hard to make any progress until you do just the right thing, and finding the right thing seems to rely more on guesswork than clues in the game.
[close]

sthomannch

paolo
Spoiler

Check your inventory carefully. The notebook is a black booklet, half opened.
Use it on the faces.
[close]

paolo

Quote from: sthomannch on Wed 08/02/2006 18:58:13
paolo
Spoiler

Check your inventory carefully. The notebook is a black booklet, half opened.
Use it on the faces.
[close]

Thank you, thank you!  I always thought that was a computer :)  I'm making progress again now.  I take it all back about the game being too hard.

TheVan

How do you find the bookseller?  Thanks.

sthomannch

TheVan
Spoiler

When you have visited the dead monks cell, you are able to spot the place with the telescope. It is near the river ("embankment"). You can then go to the old city of Lyon and at the fish market, go left, at the lower left edge of the screen.
[close]

paolo

Stuck again <sigh>...

Spoiler

I'm in the park trying to get into the crypt.  It says the entrance is in the area corresponding to the mouth, and that the end of the fountain (or the edge, if you read your notebook) is missing.  So how do you open the crypt?  Am I supposed to do something to the fountain?
[close]

Thanks.

TheVan

I am trying to get the crypt door open...no sucess!  I can't figure any possible way of lighting all 16 torches without going into a room twice and then ending at the door to the crypt.  I read all the hints so far.  One said the most important thing is how you start.  I figure the only way to start is to go right from the first room?  Can someone help me??  Have been trying this a long time.  Thanks

paolo

Quote from: paolo on Thu 09/02/2006 18:27:12
Stuck again <sigh>...

Spoiler

I'm in the park trying to get into the crypt.  It says the entrance is in the area corresponding to the mouth, and that the end of the fountain (or the edge, if you read your notebook) is missing.  So how do you open the crypt?  Am I supposed to do something to the fountain?
[close]

Is it...
Spoiler

something to do with the symmetry of the flower-beds?  The book says "coincidentia oppositorium" - something about coinciding opposites, or symmetry?  I notice that the flower-beds are not symmetrical and that there are three flowers on the left, behind the fountain, but only two no the right.  Is there something I need to do with them?
[close]

Can anyone tell me if I am on the right lines or barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks.

TheVan

Paolo,

{hide}When you look at the fountain in the park, it says something about a piece missing.  Go back to the cell and get the object that look like a door knob and use it on the fountain...that should work{/hide}

paolo

Quote from: TheVan on Fri 10/02/2006 17:26:35
Paolo,

Spoiler
When you look at the fountain in the park, it says something about a piece missing.  Go back to the cell and get the object that look like a door knob and use it on the fountain...that should work
[close]

Thanks - I had forgotten about that.  (PS: square brackets for hide :) )

TheVan

Want to make sure it works  ::)

Spoiler
test for hiding
[close]

Must be most people finished the game and moved on because of no more hints on opening the crypt door.

sthomannch

TheVan
Spoiler

You cannot do it from the starting point. From the first room, go left twice, then three times up (N) then right and light the torch. go to the left again. Now you start from the room left of the crypt door. Go south three times, right once, up two times, down two times and follow all remaining rooms.
[close]

TheVan

sthomannch,

Thank You!!  I just assumed that you had to start from the beginning!  That's what I get for thinking!

Wendy

I am playing The Devil's Shroud Part 2 on a Win XP PC (3.0 ghz).   When trying to follow the Father up the staircases etc, I cannot hide from him, the game keeps me on input-inhibit (wait) and before I can do anything, while still on input inhibit, it says "he sees me".  What am I missing, how do I "hide".   (At the first, short staircase after coming out of the subway, I cannot hide, but if I turn back to the substation screen, the Father moves on, and I then follow and see him at the first long staircase, but then the above problem comes in that I cannot hide, turn back or anything).   

Please help, I was thoroughly enjoying this game (and part 1 previously) but cannot go on, despite trying all I can think of for the past two weeks.

Wendy

Quote from: Wendy on Wed 24/05/2006 11:52:00
I am playing The Devil's Shroud Part 2 on a Win XP PC (3.0 ghz).Ã,  Ã, When trying to follow the Father up the staircases etc, I cannot hide from him, the game keeps me on input-inhibit (wait) and before I can do anything, while still on input inhibit, it says "he sees me".Ã,  What am I missing, how do I "hide".Ã,  Ã, (At the first, short staircase after coming out of the subway, I cannot hide, but if I turn back to the substation screen, the Father moves on, and I then follow and see him at the first long staircase, but then the above problem comes in that I cannot hide, turn back or anything).Ã,  Ã, 

Please help, I was thoroughly enjoying this game (and part 1 previously) but cannot go on, despite trying all I can think of for the past two weeks.

Never mind, thanks, I found the answer in this forum, I had somehow missed a section when going through the forum.    To paraphrase the previous solution, the next section gives you the input-inhibit/wait/hourglass problem if you did not hide in the correct place in the previous step.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk