what music do you listen to?

Started by Evil, Tue 31/12/2002 03:03:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Rincewind

Don't believe I've posted in this one before. Well, if I'm gonna post all of my music favourites, it would be long as hell, but here are some of them:

AC/DC
Alice Cooper
Anthrax
The Beatles
Beach Boys
Black Sabbath (Brilliant. My favourite band.)
Blind Guardian
Candlemass
The Clash
Clutch
The Damned
Dead Kennedys
Deep Purple
Dysdain
Electric Wizard (Ver' Slow and ver' heavy...)
Entombed
The Grand Opening
Hawkwind
The Hellacopters
Iron Maiden
In Flames
Kiss
Kyuss
Led Zeppelin
Megadeth
Metallica
Nazareth
Ozzy
Queens of The Stone Age
Queensrÿche("Operation: Mindcrime" = Genious.)
Ramones
Slayer
Volcanic

Hm, I suppose that was rather long too... Oh, well...  
As you can see, I'm mostly in to most kinds of metal, punk, and pop/rock from the 50's/60's.
The only thing I've never been able to appreciate is Techno and silly mainstream-pop. I don't listen that much to synth or hip-hop either, but I have respect for the musicians that perform it.  

Nine Toes

PANTERA, Down, Cold, Godsmack, Taproot, Crazy Town, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Mushroomhead, Cannibal Corpse, Kittie, Six Feet Under, Spineshank, Mudvayne,  Rammstein, Otep, Static-X, The Union Underground, Systematic, Brujeria, The Murderdolls, Nothingface, Meshuggah, Anthrax, Soulfly, old Sepultura, etc.

Just picked up Seether, not bad.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Felipe

My favourites:
D12
Eminem
Guns 'n' Roses
Linkin Park
Queen
Shaggy
Shakira
The Offspring

I also like:
Alanis Morissette
Avril Lavigne
Blink182
Five :-[
Gorilaz
Nirvana
Oasis
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

And Brazillian groups, such as:
Capital Inicial
Charlie Brown Junior
Comunidade Nin-Jitsu
CPM22
Legião Urbana
Los Hermanos
Nenhum de Nós
Paralamas do Sucesso
Raimundos
Rodox
Titãs

And many others I might have forgotten... but I'll add some as I remember:-\
Don't blame me - I didn't know it!   (I have the feeling this will come handy...)

-

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Hmm, I posted here already, but I forgot to mention placebo and incubus.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

MachineElf

Didn't you say you didn't like pop? ;)
Not that I really mind much about genres much though... I just think it's funny when people say "I hate that kind of music!" (or something to that effect) until they actually listen to it. I was like that once. Still is to a degree, I guess.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Visti

Ick! I forgot Opeth, Katatonia, The Mars Volta, Finntroll and Nightwish.

DodgeR

You talk to ladies on the phone why??

Jurassic 5
DJ Yoda - how to cut and paste vol 1 & 2
Plump DJ's
Fatboy Slim
The Coral
Blur
Royksopp
Anything else chilled out or funky

sum-41

SUM 41, MUSE, OFFSPRING and a little bit of nirvana, greenday, blink182.

Favourite songs=

SUM 41:Fat Lip, In too Deep, Handle This, Motivation, Still Waiting, The Hell Song, and most of their others.

MUSE:PLUG-IN BABY, New Born, Bliss, Your Time Is Running Out

OFFSPRING:Pretty much most of their songs from 'Americana', especially THE KIDS AREN'T ALLRIGHT.

Thanks for your time.
LucasArts rocks!

Igor

At the moment:

Siddharta
Manu Chao
Bob Marley
Foo Fighters

Red_Armadillo

The only shit I listen to is RAP!!! LONG LIVE RAP!
PEPSI kicks Coca~Cola's Butt!

DragonRose

I've got to add to my list from way back when.  

Evanescence
No Doubt
Garbage
Bif Naked (going to see her in concert next week!EEEEE!!!)

They've got some pretty catchy songs, and they're also in the perfect range for me to sing along to.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Las Naranjas

The likes of Saves the Day and the New Amsterdams being cancelled out by Simple Plan ;)

* Las Naranjas denies fact that he has albums by all 3 artists are sitting on top of the cd player
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

TheDude

Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains
Mother Love Bone
Mudhoney
Soundgarden
Temple of the Dog
Blind Melon
Janis Joplin
Nirvana

plasticman

Quote from: Las Naranjas on Tue 26/08/2003 22:13:22
The likes of Saves the Day and the New Amsterdams being cancelled out by Simple Plan ;)

* Las Naranjas denies fact that he has albums by all 3 artists are sitting on top of the cd player

omg ur a posuer !!! simple plan = fags !!!

gal, save some exceptions, your playlist could've been mine if i was born 2 years later...

Al_Ninio

Heh, I have to agree about Simple Plan.
They should change their name to "The Children of Mest".

Las Naranjas

I guess I find a bizaare attraction in them, the same way I like watching crappy teen films and the likes.

And I turd myself with laughter whenever I hear "I'm just a kid"
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

remixor

Quote from: Las Naranjas on Tue 26/08/2003 22:43:28
And I turd myself with laughter whenever I hear "I'm just a kid"

Fucking hell, that song makes me want to rip off my ears and stuff them down the lead singer's throat.  I don't listen to the radio or watch TV, so I would never even have heard it if my friend hadn't played a joke on me and said "Hey, download this song!  It's terrific!"  I've still not forgiven him.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

phact0rri

Musik, like some of the others have said is a big part of my life.  Being how I've spent over half of it dealing with musik.  umm yeh...

Wolfsheim, B! Machine, Mesh, Soviet, Cosmopop, Funker Vogt, soft cell, Native Cry, Alphaville, En Ech, Pig, Akaline Trio, Hot water Music,  Murmurs, Discount, The Anniversary, Strike anywhere, Ann Beretta, bauhaus (and Petey's solo stuff), The Cure, Fictional, a-fact, Tragic Comedy, Charles Mingus, Freezepop, Assemblege23, Exec, Faith Assembly, Color Theory, Gridlock, Moscow Machine Gun, Slick Idiot, Alphaville, Schattentraum, Inquistion, Atreyu, Roots, Loop Guru, Dj Shadow, Decode Feedback, Fifteen, Social Distortion, Nosferatu, Big Electric Cat, Attrition, Spaun Ranch, Grade, J Church, the Pillows, Neo-Genesis, Stereophonics, Taking back Sunday, Juliana theory, Glassjaw, Duran Duran, John Zorn, the Ruins, John Cage, The Smiths (and Moz's solo stuff), Bizet, Lizt,  and ummm I think I'll stop before I'm ahead...

I listen to almost anything. but not trance and techno... you'd have to be a masocist to like that shit. but my favorite bands are the following:

Dimmu borgir++
black sabbath
rammstein+
sinergy
dream theatre
nirvana+
and cradle of filth
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk