King's Quest III+ (call for testers)

Started by Radiant, Wed 28/07/2004 17:13:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Moox

dreammaster

I think he means what utility did Radiant use to extract the graphics from the original KQ3 game

Edwin Xie

Quote from: dreammaster on Wed 18/08/2004 23:48:21
If you read the dialogs that appear when you start the game, you'll see a list of Ctrl combinations you can use for debugging.

I had trouble typing the debugging features because I did not know what the "^" meant.

And uh, is there a walkthrough for this game (what I really meant was like do you finish this game of is it just a just a game like Runescape or MU?)
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

dreammaster

Edwinxie, the game is still a beta, and not completed yet. If you're familiar with the original Sierra game, you can get almost as far as dealing with Manannan. That is, you can get to a stage of being able to gather *most* of the spell ingredients and casting some of the spells, although you can't use the results yet.

We discussed earlier whether a walkthrough should be made available. Whilst I don't want to put words into Radiant's mouth, the current betas are really aimed at getting people to experiment with what's been done so far and evaluate whether the puzzles are fair or not. Having a walkthrough would effectively destroy that.

If you really get stuck on anything, post a hint request to the AGDI forums http://www.agdiforums.com/forum/ and either myself or one of the others can help you out

Edwin Xie

I haven't played the Original Sierra Game cause it is too big to download. How do you drop items? I don't mean all items but just like one single item.
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

dreammaster

Too big? The original game was only about 2Mb. In any case, piracy is strongly discouraged, so if you haven't played the original, I'd recommend looking for a copy of the KQ collection on EBay.

Since you're unfamiliar with the game, I'll just state that in this remake (which changes many of the puzzles anyway), you can get through the first four days of gameplay. This is most of the storyline that occurs as you prepare to escape the grasp of your evil master, the wizard Manannan. The rest of the game, finding a way home and dealing with the problems therein, hasn't been scripted by Radiant yet.

Edwin Xie

Oh, wait the one I mentioned was the remake.

fluxmaster

To drop an item
Spoiler
click on the floor under your bed.Ã,  You can only drop items in your bedroom, and you can pick them up later.
[close]
The Fluxmaster

Edwin Xie

Where do you download the Original Sierra Game? Also, what do you do with the orb? And why does the game end after you drink the test potion? After I pass out the game seems to restart then he gets called to polish his telescope.

dreammaster

There's nothing you can do with the orb yet. As for the potion, it's a nasty potion to ensure your permanent obedience. Obviously, this is bad, particularly as you want to escape. So you'll need to figure out a way to avoid drinking the potion without Manannan catching on.

Radiant

Auhsor -> No they don't, that is absolutely illegal, and if I were a moderator here I would have censored your post. (Sierra is still selling their old games and has serious issues against abandonware)

Edwinxie -> Dreammaster is absolutely correct. Oh, and ^ means control, that abbrev is even used in MS Word I believe.

Edwin Xie

I believe that www.abandonia.com got permission to host the games.

Edwin Xie

Quote from: dreammaster on Sat 21/08/2004 05:17:04
There's nothing you can do with the orb yet. As for the potion, it's a nasty potion to ensure your permanent obedience. Obviously, this is bad, particularly as you want to escape. So you'll need to figure out a way to avoid drinking the potion without Manannan catching on.

How do I avoid drinking it? Going into the Kitchen?

Edwin Xie

I'm afraid, I didn't find the answer there.

dreammaster

On page 2, the "To get past the potion you must.." bit.

Spoiler
First click the potion on the ground near you. This will make you pour it on your clothes and the ground whilst pretending to drink it. You must then click the use hand on yourself to pretend to do the spinning and collapsing that would happen if you really had drunk the potion.
[close]

Edwin Xie

I was too late to use hand icon on me.

auhsor

Quote from: blackbirdâ,,¢ on Sat 21/08/2004 19:30:18
QuoteDr. Tom wrote:
None of them are.

Let me say it once more. We got permission to place the KQ games that are on the site. We were not allowed to place KQ7.

Straight from the abandonia.com forums

Yeah I couldn't believe it, but I go on their forums a bit and yeah, It seems that they do have permission... But getting back on topic...

Edwin Xie

fluxmaster

Here's a very slight hint:

Spoiler
You don't really find the fish oil
[close]
The Fluxmaster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk