One Room, One Week Competition 2 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Started by scotch, Wed 29/06/2005 15:29:11

Previous topic - Next topic

edmundito

Making this game is the best way to learn the new scripting system. That's how I leared. :)
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Hellomoto

Most of you won't know me, but I'm in.

Mr_Frisby

I think I'm in - but I rarely finish anything so we'll see.
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

CodeJunkie

When we're voting for games, do the makers give themselves a 5, or is it up to them?  I don't want to be unfair to other people nor do myself an injustice.

And also, when exactly are the entries due?  A warning about 24-48 hours before would be great, I'm never any good with time zones.

Vince Twelve

I second the call for a time-zone specified due date and time.

Why, oh why did I spend that beautiful Sunday afternoon snorkelling in the beutiful and warm sea?  ... Oh yeah ... totally answered my own question ...

Now back to coding.

Kweepa

Quote from: SimB on Mon 11/07/2005 23:16:37
When we're voting for games, do the makers give themselves a 5, or is it up to them?  I don't want to be unfair to other people nor do myself an injustice.

I think the fairest thing is to mark your own game "unplayed".
Ideally the person collating the results would ignore your votes anyway.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Helm

no, don't put unplayed. Rate yourself realistically.
WINTERKILL

Kweepa

That's not easy.
As SimB said:
"I don't want to be unfair to other people nor do myself an injustice."

What exactly is wrong with putting "unplayed"?
What is the justification for "Rate yourself realistically."?
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

edmundito

Hmm.. who would rate themselves realistically? :P

Anyways, what's the deadline? Friday at 00:00 GMT like last time?
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

AJA

Uh, I'd prefer Saturday at 00:00 GMT... so that we'd have one more day to work on our games. My whole game depends on it. :P Well, not really. But it would give some extra time to beta test the game.

Mr. Mozzarella

Do we have to play and vote on the games? I'm asking because I'm not at home from Friday on, so I don't know whether I'll be able to download and play them ...
Night of Fire - Thread

I control, I am in charge of
Everyones future, red button is mine

scotch

It will be midnight GMT, like when I started the competition... but in case anyone was confused you can all have one more day.Ã,  It will end on Sat 16 Jul 2005, 00:00.

You won't be disqualified for not playing and voting... but anyone that can should.

Helm

I don't understand what is so difficult in rating your efforts in art, scripting, music and puzzles realistically. But if it's such a big deal, ok, we can all agree to not vote for ourselves.
WINTERKILL

magintz

Sorry guys, looks like i'm gonna be unable to get this done... way too ambitious for a week, especially this week :P

I may get round to finishing it.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

sajoati

hey all! is the deadline Friday 23:59+1 minute :) or Saturday 23:59+1 minute? (and which timezone?)

it would be important to me, because if the latter one is the answer, i might have a shot with my game... i started it yesterday, and even though I have a pre-made character, the rest should be made today and tomorrow AND Saturday.

(the problem is, that i'm working 'till 6pm CET and tomorrow I'll have a NASCAR sim-race from cc .
8pm-12:30am)

well, it is not a catastrophe if the deadline is Friday night, though it would give me a lot of boost to know that I still have a chance to finish it and participate in this contest.

scotch

The deadline is Friday 15th 23:59+1 minute, British time, which is currently UTC+1.
If you are a bit late it doesn't really matter, I'll likely be asleep at that time.  If your game doesn't make it to me before I put the archive of games up then it will be disqualified.

JeebusSez

I started last night at midnight. I hope I can finish in time.

If I'm right, it's due Friday 16.59+1 PST?

(easy time converter)

Mr. Mozzarella

I'm sorry, but I think I have to withdraw my entry. It seems that I overestimated myself, I worked up to now and all the artwork is done but there's still a fair bit of programming to be done and I also have no idea about music/sound, yet. And since I'm going away tomorrow I have no more time to finish this ...

Anyway, good luck to all the others who finish their game :)
Night of Fire - Thread

I control, I am in charge of
Everyones future, red button is mine

AJA

Uh, I guess it's ok to get a couple of beta testers? (They WON'T vote at all. And are not even part of the AGS community, at least not that actively.)

scotch

LAST DAY, EVERYONE! 16 hours to go...

No problem with your testers of course.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk