One Room, One Week Competition 2 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Started by scotch, Wed 29/06/2005 15:29:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Erenan

I can't figure out how to change inventory items in Dance till You Drop.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.
The Bunker

Dambuilder

Quote from: Erenan on Sun 17/07/2005 21:58:27
I can't figure out how to change inventory items in Dance till You Drop.

It's a bit hard to see, but there's a bar (a red one) on the right side of the inventory, which can be slided up and down by holding the mouse button.
Everybody else is having one, so why not me?

Traveler

Quote from: Al_Ninio on Sun 17/07/2005 20:52:24
Dance til you drop code:
Spoiler
Look at the calendar, figure it out from there, or keep reading for the code:

7 12 46
[close]

I don't quite understand:

Spoiler

(The year is 48 (1984-36).) I have a problem with '12', though: the 2nd Tuesday in 1984 is the 10th of the month, not the 12nd. It's only the 12nd this year (2005). This looks like a major bug to me in the game, unless I'm missing something.
[close]

Dambuilder

Quote from: Traveler on Sun 17/07/2005 22:11:39
Spoiler

(The year is 48 (1984-36).) I have a problem with '12', though: the 2nd Tuesday in 1984 is the 10th of the month, not the 12nd. It's only the 12nd this year (2005). This looks like a major bug to me in the game, unless I'm missing something.
[close]

Spoiler
I had the same problem too. I agree that it's not logic at all. I guess, about anyone would assume that the 2nd Tuesday in 1984 is meant, rather than the 2nd tuesday this year.
In the end, I solved it by looking up Simmons' biography though. :P
[close]
Everybody else is having one, so why not me?

Erenan

EDIT: Nevermind. AGAIN. :-[
The Bunker

Traveler

Setsuna

A lot of fun!

I've played and finished them all except "Another way out" in which i'm stuck.
I noticed a few games were missing on the voting page, did they get disqualified? maybe it's too early and the voting page isn't totally up to date...
I'd love to give a review for each game once the vote ends.

Anyway good work everyone, i really enjoyed playing them!

Al_Ninio

Traveler

I guess he tried the old voting address (for the 1st OWOR competition, which contains the new voting page.) It seems unfinished, though, I didn't click anything yet.

Setsuna

Yeah I tried the old link, sorry..I should have waited  :-X

bspeers

Just out of curiousity, the gladitorial arena in Gladiator Quest, that is a room, isn't it?  It seems to be at least a 2 room game, which is a really odd reason to be disqualified, but I just want to be sure about what I could vote on.
I also really liked my old signature.

Pesty

Quote from: bspeers on Mon 18/07/2005 22:24:32
Just out of curiousity, the gladitorial arena in Gladiator Quest, that is a room, isn't it?Ã,  It seems to be at least a 2 room game, which is a really odd reason to be disqualified, but I just want to be sure about what I could vote on.

I would say that the arena portion, being a mini game, is allowed by the rules.

Quote from: scotchBy a room, we do not necessarily mean one crm file. If you want to use other rooms for effects such as time passing, changes in the style of the room, minigames such as the sniper mode in 6DA etc, that's fine but the bulk of the game should be centered around one location.

The puzzles and story telling part of the game take place in the prison, the arena is just an additional minigame.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

MrColossal

Also, in Gladiator Quest, it's all 1 background, the viewport is just shifted over and locked to the different part of the background, if you walk over to the guard you see the wall that is on the left side of the arena.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Traveler

Just curious: when will voting start? (I don't want to miss it.)

AGA

scotch

I have just aquired a repack of Gladiator Quest by the guys at FUTURE OF '95, they've included a hack to make it easier for those of who who were stuck (all of you).

Code: ags
http://scotch.agagames.com/GLADIATOR.QUEST-FUTURE_[repack].zip
(copy and paste the url)

BorisZ

I don't know if this has asked before, but there is no setup with game Baghdad, and I can't play it in current resolution. Where can I get it?

Ghormak

Quote from: BorisZ on Tue 19/07/2005 22:53:29
I don't know if this has asked before, but there is no setup with game Baghdad, and I can't play it in current resolution. Where can I get it?

Run the game with the command line parameter --setup. Like so:

c:\TotallyrockingAGSgames\baghdad.exe --setup
Achtung Franz! The comic

Babar

that doesn't work either...apparently. I think it was scotch that told me:
You can save some other game's setup with the correct resolution, then copy the acsetup.cfg file to the baghdad game.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

magintz

Bout half way through the games, hope I can complete them all in time for voting, whenever it is.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk