Release Something!

Started by Kinoko, Mon 06/06/2005 03:11:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie

I've made a little thingy for Release Something, and this time it even has something to do with adventure games!

Who else has something to show? :=

IM NOT TEH SPAM

I do, updating all the artwork on my game so I have an excuse to release it...
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

Gord10

I'm going to join, too. It's impossible for me to finish Lost In The Nightmare till 30th of October, so guess I'll release something like trailer again.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Bernie

Funtastic, Gord10 and King_Nipper! The more releases, the merrier! Go, us! :)

Privateer Puddin'

Yep, everything is being polished now :)

Barbarian

Well, as mentioned in my previous post in this thread, I've been working on "something"Ã,  ;)Ã,  Ã,  It's the beginnings of an old adventure game I had sitting around.
I've been working on it a bit the last couple of weeks to make it a bit playable through the first few areas & puzzles.Ã, 

I didn't have time to make a really good (or new) main-character sprite (so I used some old character sprites I had around from some of my other projects for now), nor did I do too much with the GUI's, but still I think it still looks fairly good and that hopefully people will enjoy it.Ã,  It will have a bit of a "creepy / scary" setting to it, with a few surprises and nice "special effects" I was working on for it, which should fit in nicely with the Halloween release date.Ã,  Ã, More details when the deadline arrives.Ã,  ;D
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Theme

Afflict

This is a great idea and i would love to release something... its just Sorry have nothing, except scripts, scripts and oh some concept art...

I have realised that no matter how much I would love to realease my games (one of them are actually scripted up to 7 expansions) It will probably never come to mind cause I am a slightly very judgemental about my art work... and if its nor perfect its not happening. Sad I know but true. I also need music and music will be the end of me as I know that I dont have any, but intend on making some (which I have but just a little)

Last but not least I cannot focus on a single project at one time... I need to expand my creativity over many projects and thats how it is. So more than likely you will never ever get anything from me...

Kinoko

Well, I was thinking about this again. Seemed to me the previous one had been a decent while ago. I checked and indeed it had, since the last one was the end of October.

Most people seem happy to have these every 3 or 4 months. I think 3 would be too short notice for people right now, since that would be the end of this month which isn't too far off at all. Instead, I thought perhaps we could set the next Release Something for mid-February. Seeing as the last one was roughly Halloween, how about we make this one around Valentine's Day? (just for the heck of it, these aren't themed so don't worry).

So, Release Something #3 set for February 14th? Think that's a fair amount of time to get your crap together? ^_^ (Of course, given the time differences around the world, and the fact that this isn't about strict rules, but motivation, that means you don't need to panic if you're gonna be out with your honeys all day and night... anytime around the 14th/15th will be fine)

Gilbert

Seconded.

I think if all the details are settled, you may start a new post about it, so we can lock and stickie it until the day arrives.

Kinoko

Done! ^_^ Feel free to lock away.

Gilbert

Kinoko

Call me paranoid but I wanted to give everyone another chance to see this thread. Was just thinking that I have to get my own crap together to get my Something Released by Friday 14th, and it occured to me how horrific it would be if noone else knew about the deadline.

So, please read this thread. Oh wait, you have! Awesome :D

Kinoko

Sorry for bumping this.

Just a reminder! 3 days to go! I sure hope people are working on things to release :/ Otherwise it'll be just me! I'm giving up my whole weekend to try and get my demo ready (as if I'd wanna do anything else right now but sit inside at the laptop all day listening to music).

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Hmmm.... I do believe I'll RELEASE SOMETHING this time around. :D
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

rharpe

I've also entered these into competitions, but I figured I would enter them here to entice more submissions:

Time Travel Comic Competition

Simon Belmont in the late 80's and Simon Belmont now... retired.

Winona Ryder as Alice... (She just seems to be the best for that part, if it were to be a real movie.)

Eric needed a single-eyed creature for his start-up company... I don't think he will pick this one. :)
"Hail to the king, baby!"

jetxl

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=25051.0

I wanted to release a demo as well, but I think it's better to have a propper demo released later than a rushed, half working one.

Mordalles

i'll also release something. the 1st 100% finished background of my new game.  ;D

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Kinoko

rharpe: Uh, tha'ts great but please read what the post is about first ^_^ RS starts in a few days and is held in the comp forum.

But it's not a competition by any means so anything is welcome!

Thanks anyone who's gonna bring something out!

rharpe

Quote from: Kinoko
rharpe: Uh, tha'ts great but please read what the post is about first ^_^ RS starts in a few days and is held in the comp forum.
Sorry, like you said, I caught the tail-end of this thread. I wanted to post some images to get people more active in this thread... sorry, I thought release something, meant anything... game or no game? Oops!  :-\
"Hail to the king, baby!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk