6 Days a Sacrifice

Started by Rui 'Trovatore' Pires, Thu 25/01/2007 08:00:15

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCheese33

Spoiler
I think they replaced the Tall Man because of his past mistakes in Trilby's Notes.
[close]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

Stupot

Quote from: Sinitrena on Tue 30/01/2007 18:22:55
The game was interessting, like all of Yahtzees games. It was well made and atmospheric (sp), but I didn't like it anyway. I neither liked Trilby's Notes as much as 5DAS and 7DAS. In my opinion the story just went too confusing with Trilby's Notes and 6DAS didn't exactly help to explain everything.

I prefer serous games and so I don't think Yahtzee should make funny games again. What I really would like to see are more games with Trilby in them. They could take place before 5DAS so that they are not part of this series. That would be great. I just love the Trilby characterÃ,  :D

Yes, I like it.
Maybe "Trilby, The Gentleman Cat Burgler." It could explain how he got involved in the burgling game and involve some stealthy missions to rob paintings, ornaments and jewellery from large houses and museums.
Nor horror needed, just the threat of getting caught red handed...

Yahtzee, if you're reading this, how about it?

SSH

"4 days a juvenile delinquent"... Trilby's early days
"3 days a naughty scamp" ... earlier still
"2 days a terrible toddler"... earlier still
"1 day a zygote"... earlier still

Anyway, talking of early days, I foung this quote:

Yahtzee
5/27/2001
09:53:40   
I think I'll retire from game designing after I've finished the one I'm doing now. There's only so much adventure designing a man can take before he wants to move on to pastures new.

thewalrus

Well, I guess he stayed on the old pastures.....
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Gamer_V

Quote from: TheCheese33 on Wed 31/01/2007 11:35:32
Spoiler
I think they replaced the Tall Man because of his past mistakes in Trilby's Notes.
[close]
Spoiler
He was replaced because he was tied to the wood. However, the wood would be destroyed in the future thus rendering the tall man powerless, or at least in the real of technology. That would make him useless to Chzo. Theo however, wasn't tied to the wood, and the lop would also create ian infinite amount of sufering, keeping Chzo in happy pain.
[close]

mätzyboy

This last installment left me more confused than any of the others. I suppose it tied most things together, but not all for me. I have a feeling it would be clearer if I replayed all games, which I may or may not do.

I must also say it was the least scary of them all. I think all previous ones were more engaging as well.

Still! Great game! I like how the characters have personalities, and the clever use of dreams and changing environments! Two thumbs up for a well completed series!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

GamerV - at last, a theory that makes sense. Thank you very much.

...or does it?

Spoiler
The wood gets burned because in the end Chzo's bridge-building activities will MAKE it burned. But if Chzo never tried to create the bridge, the Tall Man would not have been so reduced to ash - so he is building the bridge for the replacement that he DOESN'T need UNTIL he starts building the bridge?
[close]
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

TheCheese33

Did anyone here play the text adventures before the game was released? If so, did it reveal anything that would help us understand the whole thing?

Also,
Spoiler
The Caretaker could easily be in other games people make. He travels through time and space, meaning he could leave the "scientific realm" and be in one of our games. It's just something to think about. ;)
[close]
need...More...WOUND!

paolo

Quote from: Cinfa on Thu 25/01/2007 23:09:04
Wow, just finished it.
but...
Spoiler

Is there a timer qhen you're buried in the metal crate and have to interact with darkness while it's moving? Because the first time I went there the shacking stopped and the char keeped his hand over darkness...
[close]

I had the same problem... Yahtzee, is this a bug?

voh

You'd be better off mentioning this at his own forum. Also, I think it's probably a bug, as I didn't encounter it, and I went to the toilet after entering that scene, and clicked the darkness when I got back. I doubt there's a timer attached ;)
Still here.

nulluser

-

Akatosh

That's what happens if you try to infuse occult blahblah into something originally designed as a "ghost story".

TheCheese33

I doubt he would've written all about it, since no one would've believed him, anyway.
need...More...WOUND!

nulluser

-

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Cheese, re the text adventures - they feature a cameo of a character you'll know by now, but mostly deal with how Frehorn's Blade got all the way to it's destination.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

GuyLaDouche

After playing it and beating it last night, I think I relatively enjoyed it. Though it isn't my favorite in the FDAS series, it was still an adventure game that I didn't decide to give up on, and that's important.

However, in my opinion, there were a lot of plot elements that seemed both unnecessary and purposefully confusing:

Spoiler

-The caretaker

-Any and all timelines in which characters went into the future and past of events for absolutely no reason.

-Somerset's decent into the caretaker

-Playing as Somerset whatsoever, even though the current events aren't in the same timeframe (meanwhile, 196 years later)

- If you couldn't tell, I didn't care for the whole caretaker/Somerset thing

- Trilby clones, what the hell?

- Trilby clone's soul/energy.... what?

- Snuffing the awesome (Dracula-like) prince for a mummified building inspector (in the next sequel, I'm forseeing a zombie farmer to take the place as the new prince)

-This list continues as I get more and more confuzzled

All in all, this game seems to serve as a series of unrelated (yet awesome) scenes taking place in different periods of time as several characters go insane and get snuffed (this is known as a good game). The only downside is that Yahtzee eventually had to put a plot in to prevent people from calling this "illogical" (which... it still is)

Where Trilby's Notes helped to tie all the loose ends and entertain as well, this managed to hack all the things I understood and puree them until my brain hurt at 7:00 AM (the time I finally beat the game)
[close]

All in all, it still beats other games because it made no sense.

My head hurts...

sergiocornaga

Your head... "it hurts?"

Sorry.  :P

thewalrus

I have to agree with a lot of the others that this was by far the weakest game in the series. First of all, the puzzles were almost none exsistent. There really wasn't a whole lot to get stumped on. Second as many others said; the plot was very confusing. Instead of tying up loose ends, it seemed to create many other questions. All in all, I was dissappointed.....
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

nulluser

-

m0ds

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk