Robert Redford Saves Teh Day 3: Who framed Roger Redford?

Started by Butcher, Fri 10/01/2003 00:49:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Butcher

2 years in the making â€" 5 minutes of actual gameplay!
It's finally here! The completion of the epic Saga: Robert Redford Saves the Day
The third and final episode is called “Who framed Roger Redford” and deals with structuralism in the late fifties.

Download now to watch the amazing intro featuring the voices of Mods,Eric “Mr.Colossal”,Ghormak,LGM,Goldmund,Spyros and many many more fine AGSers (i.e. Grundislav). You may even want to play the actual game after that!

The game includes unseen material from Snail Quest , WET and Crime Time .

Made by the Butcher.

http://atticwindow.adventuredevelopers.com/downloads/ROBERT3.zip
---------------------

Matt Brown

word up

Fuzzpilz

Hooray! Of course, I'm stuck on the very first puzzle, but I guess I'll figure it out eventually.

Matt Brown

as I am

Spoiler
I drained the pool and I have the crap. now what?
[close]

I'm a moron
word up

Fuzzpilz

I went back to play more after posting that and solved the game in one sitting. :D

Panda:
Spoiler
Get the cup from the guard with the whip, then talk to the pothead and make him fall in the pool. Put the dirt in the cup and mix it with the whiskey.
[close]

Trapezoid

I'm also stuck a bit later on...
Spoiler
In the dream sequence. I have the loaded gun, the poison, the tweezers, and the health potion. The guard wants food, but I can't pick up any.
[close]

Las Naranjas

Trap
Spoiler
Go hunting like a man you pussy, go kill some food
[close]

This is fucking gold Kyri.

Utterly utterly brilliant. I finished it in one sitting, but I soiled 5 pairs of underwear with laughter.

And you should have made Scid proud.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Trapezoid

Well, I finished it. Twas hilarious, but ended way too soon.

Timosity

Yeah, great game Butcher, I didn't like the first 2 in the series, but this one I thought was excellent, it was pretty easy though.

I haven't been waiting for this to come out, so it was a good surprise. The flash intro was good but the game was better.

I also found some bugs
Spoiler
If you try to give the dead bird to the mafia dude the game shuts down and gives some number to tell Chris.

After you cook the bird in the oven, in your inventory you have two cooked dinners, or one cooked and one uncooked or something, the inventory is a bit screwy at that part but you can still work it out.
[close]

a good conclusion to the series.

Barcik

YAI!!! ROBERT REDFORD 3!!!
Unfortuantely, I won't download it yet, as I haven't played Robert Redford 2 yet and can't on my XP. So I'll just wait for Robert Redford Deluxe. Speaking of which, when will that happen?
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Butcher

thanks for the kind words...

the game is very easy so I won't even bother with hints.

I warned you about the short gameplay...I want to know...did it make you laugh? and if yes what made you laugh? that's what's important about this game...

thanks for the great welcome you made to my game and I'm expecting more feedback :)

---------------------

danny*

Chrille

GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Pet Terry

Cool! I just downloaded it and I tell you later what I think about it :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Trapezoid

The intro was probably the funniest part. The dream, on the other hand, was rather annoying, especially the look descriptions (hope that's not spoiling anything.) It was great though, not as funny as RR2, but still damn funny.
If you ever do Robert Redford 4 (please) I suggest keeping the game fast moving, not dwelling on any location for too long.

(By the way, after the intro finishes (or if I just click Skip Intro) AGS starts but crashes instantly. I had to run game.exe manually.)

Butcher

heh...there probably won't be an RR 4. The Robert Redford Super Deluxe Mega Turbo pack will be out soon enough though...I'm concentrating 100% on Inferno which is a much greater challenge for me.

The look descriptions are my favourite part!

Did anyone else get a crash after the intro?

gimme more MORE MORE!
---------------------

Trapezoid

Yes.... Inferno good....

Another thing I found hilarious was
Spoiler
In the dream sequence, when you poison the gunshot victim. His "death" was just surprising, and funny.
[close]

I felt that, since it's the finale and all, it could've been a bit more epic. The intro was great, of course, but the game itself should've jumped the tracks at some point and descended into pure insanity, the plot should've disintegrated and the sparse morals and laws of physics the game had should've been forgotten. That would've been a more fitting swan song for Robert, in my opinion.
But it was still a lovely game. I can't wait for Inferno.

Barcik

Finished! A good and funny game, with some cracking up one-liners. I enjoyed it a lot. Now, that we've gone through that, I've got only one thing to say:
INFERNO, INFERNO, INFERNO, INFERNO, INFERNO, INFERNO, INFERNO, INFERNO, INFERNO, INFERNO, INFERNO, INFERNO, INFERNO, INFERNO, INFERNO...

And it crashed for me after the intro too.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Ghormak

And a lol on top of that.

I loved it. This thing is so filled with good stuff I can't even point out any favourite parts, because the entire game is my favourite part.

I think that the
Spoiler
ending is appropriate for a zany game like this. Never answer every question!
[close]

Oh yeah, I also get the crash after the intro.
Achtung Franz! The comic

Captain Planet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk