Sexuality issues

Started by Tuomas, Sun 29/04/2007 23:28:46

Previous topic - Next topic

ManicMatt

Well... uh.. that's right he does!

Nikolas

Quote from: radiowaves on Mon 30/04/2007 20:12:48
For your surprise, I red through every reply to my courageous post. Ok, gay people exist, there isn't much to do about it and its ok if they do their own thing. I respect any homosexual being as any other human. But there is still no reason, why these people should earn the parental rights.
ahem...

Well, let's think of it this way then:

you have a great family. Mother, father 2 children.

BANG!
A car accident mother's dead.

Father's left with the children!

Is HE capable of taking care of his children or not?

Cause if you dare answer yes, then why shouldn't 2 males take care of a child? which should be better, as they would be happy, and not torn by despare of their lost wives, complete as a couple and healthy and everything! Because, as you say, gay have every right to be as they are and additionally you respect this as well!

If you would like to say no, then I will simply come to your place and kick your butt, as I'm extremely sensetive to parenting issues and especially all the rights that fathers do not have! (I know a father how is REALLY a nice guy, and sees his daugher twice a month! How fair is that?????)

radiowaves

Its odd that all topics that discuss homosexuality issues discuss mostly gay people (men) only, but people forget the lesbians (women).
I remember when my mother said that she may tolerate gays, but definately she doesn't understand lesbians. And I guess it is vice versa with men.
Therefore, I believe that two women can raise a child better that two men, because women have mother instincts. BUT it would be total disaster if two women raise a boy, he would go crazy or just turn into feminine. If there is a single mother raising a boy, the other side is still open and child has more mental freedom in that part, but shurely he would miss a father. I know, because I lost my father in a bike accident too, and there have been times where I just need a father who could understand me better. I've been raised by my mother and grandmothers. I believe if I had been raised by a single father, i would miss a mom too, but its basically the same as single mother parenting.
ManicMatt, you actually didn't prove my theory was wrong since I didn't say that heterosexual parenting excludes homosexuals, it just doesn't conduct to it. My parents were both meat eaters too, I try to go to vegeterian. Partly because I just don't like the taste of pork and partly because of some morality issues that, by the way, have been influenced by my parents because I have always been with animals and my mother always told me to not do other person something I don't want to be done to myself. So, lets put it this way: my morals are the product of my parents plus society they let me be in and mental freedom. But morals of homosexual couples are more vague. You may know the morals of your homo friend but not as a homosexual couple.

And I am totally with you from the single fathers view, Nikolas. For most of the mothers, men only seem to be moneymachines to them.
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

Meowster

Erm.

to most mothers, men only seem to be money machines?

¬¬ eh??

And what do you mean, about "You may know the morals of your homo friend but not as a homosexual couple"?

Can you explain to me how you believe a child would be raised incorrectly if raised by homosexual parents?

I was raised by an extremely abusive father, and a very loving but scared mother. I'm not a scared person, nor am I an abusi ve or violent person. I didn't turn out like my parents at all, but I still learned from them and their situation. That doesn't mean I chose to be exactly like either of them, so what makes you (or SD, I forget which of you originally said it) beileve that a child raised by homosexual couples would become gay?

The only obvious impact on that child that I can see, is that they wouldn't be anti-gay and would be advocates for gay rights. Unless they hate their parents, in which case they're probably rebel and be anti-gay or something...

Steel Drummer

Quote from: BlackThorne
People often say "People don't choose to be homosexuals; they're born that way."

And while I feel that statement has some validity to it - there are most certainly people who are born attracted to the same sex - I've known a few people in my lifetime that have "chosen" to be gay for many reasons.  I actually believe most people are bi-sexual to some degree.

Bt
Gayness is always by choice. Heterosexual people 'choose' to like a man/woman. Same with homosexuals. 

I'm just going to ignore Meowster and Andail's posts.
I'm composing the music for this game:

Erenan

Honest question: How do you know that sexual preference is always a choice, Steel Drummer?
The Bunker

Mr Flibble

Maybe he means that gay people should live in denial of what would make them happy, and enter into hollow, loveless marriages for the sake of keeping up appearances.

Note: Ignoring your own sexuality is not the same as being able to choose it.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

ManicMatt

If Steel Drummer thinks he can choose his own sexuality, then perhaps he is bisexual! For I know there is no way I could just decide I want to bum Eric and enjoy it. And we all know that too. (Except Yodaman)

Steel Drummer

So I guess when a gay man gets surgery to become a woman, it's his 'inner sexual instinct' that's telling him to do it, and not his disgustingly perverted brain?

GarageGothic

You're confusing gay with transgendered, which in turn has less to do with sex than with gender identity.

Raggit

I'm just going to ignore Meowster and Andail's posts.

That resolve probably won't last too long...

I'm really surprised, to be honest, that this debate could survive so long and be so strong that it actually crossed two threads.  A crossover hit!

"Disgustingly perverted" brain?  A little harsh, don't you think?
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Steel Drummer

Quote from: GarageGothic on Tue 01/05/2007 00:11:21
You're confusing gay with transgendered, which in turn has less to do with sex than with gender identity.

But transgender people are gay. Because they're gay, they probably thought, "Hey, I'm getting enough ridicule because I'm with this other man, so why not become a woman, and I'll be treated normally", or vice-versa.

GarageGothic

What about men who have gender reassignment surgery and become lesbian women then? Are they more or less gay?

deadsuperhero

SD, it really upsets me that you'd be so quick to judge transsexed folk like that.
Tell you what. Read personal blogs and web pages of transgendered folk. It'll give you some insight to the fact that most of them are normal folk.
I'll pull up a reference guide:
www.abgender.com

Also, it's a lifestyle. Let people live how they want to.
Besides, one of my friends is gay, and my other best friend wants to be a girl.
They act totally normal, and are the best friends I could ask for.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Steel Drummer

I've seen you post before and you said you claimed to be a Christian, and now you're condoning gay marriage? Read the Bible, man..

deadsuperhero

I am a Christian. I condone gay marriage because I condone freedom of others. I'm not going to make gays miserable (like The WCBC, which is evil)
God loves everyone. He even sent His Son to set an example for us.
...or did you skip that part of the Bible?
Let people live their own lives.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Redwall

Even if you had some validity when he was sincere, he's now so far into "I'm being an ass just to be an ass" that there really is no other reasonable option.
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Sam.

A refreshing and decent attitude Alliance.

SteelDrummer, in todays modern soceity, variation is what makes it. Conform to dated rules set out by MEN, not God (Yes, the bible was written by men) then you have no place in a modern scoeity. What you believe is fundamentally wrong, you have to be prepared to come up against opposition. Degrading someone because of their colour or sexuality is so undeniably stupid that I have hesitated to post here however I can tolerate your ignorance no longer.

Sexuality is NOT a personal choice, blinkered beleif is. Perhaps when you have grown up slightly and seen some of the world and the people in it, you will learn to accept people for what they are, until such time, I suggest you try and learn some facts about life, facts that perhaps are slightly more up to date than a Book written to suit some men's needs thousands of years ago.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Steel Drummer

QuoteConform to dated rules set out by MEN, not God (Yes, the bible was written by men)

No, it was written by men who were told by God what they should write. Don't make accusations like that without studying the facts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk