AGS 3.0.1 Final 2 - Queen's English Edition

Started by Pumaman, Wed 30/01/2008 21:55:37

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainBinky

In those red-ringed bits, you can see pixels which are less than one pixel tall.
Like the scale is 1.99999 instead of 2.0 or something.

A Lemmy & Binky Production

Lt. Smash

Quote from: SSH on Wed 02/04/2008 13:24:18
I really can't see what you mean, myself. Perhaps you can try explaining again?
The pixels that are less one pixel tall are transparent on the object.
It seems to be like that:

another little displaying problem:
some letters look like:

but ingame they are normal/correct. It's a ttf font.

naltimari

I guess there's a bug in AGS 3.0.1 RC2.

I tried to write the following line in my script:

gStatuslineLabel.Text = "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.";

then AGS couldn't parse the script, saying that there was an error:

Parse error in expr near "Lorem ipsum..."
File: room1.asc
Line: 1701079407

then when I removed the line and tried to run it, the following message appeared:

Error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
Version: AGS 3.0.1.32

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. ---> System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at ccCompileText(SByte* , SByte* )
   at AGS.Native.NativeMethods.CompileScript(Script script, String[] preProcessedScripts, Game game, Boolean isRoomScript)
   at AGS.Editor.AGSEditor.CompileScript(Script script, List`1 headers, CompileMessages errors, Boolean isRoomScript)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.RoomsComponent.SaveRoomOnThread(Object parameter)
   at AGS.Editor.BusyDialog.RunHandlerOnThread()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at AGS.Editor.BusyDialog.Show(String message, ProcessingHandler handler, Object parameter)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.RoomsComponent.SaveRoomButDoNotShowAnyErrors(Room room, CompileMessages errors, String pleaseWaitText)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.RoomsComponent.RecompileAnyRoomsWhereTheScriptHasChanged(CompileMessages errors, Boolean rebuildAll)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.RoomsComponent.AGSEditor_PreCompileGame(PreCompileGameEventArgs evArgs)
   at AGS.Editor.AGSEditor.PreCompileGameHandler.Invoke(PreCompileGameEventArgs evArgs)
   at AGS.Editor.AGSEditor.CompileGame(Boolean forceRebuild, Boolean createMiniExeForDebug)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.BuildCommandsComponent.TestGame(Boolean withDebugger)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.BuildCommandsComponent.CommandClick(String controlID)
   at AGS.Editor.ToolBarManager.ToolbarEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I had to close AGS, saving the game, and after AGS restarted, all went back to normal.

Pumaman

Ok, 3.0.1 Final is up.

This should fix the object-offset issue when zooming in, and adds space-bar-to-zoom, arrow-keys-to-pan which should hopefully satisfy most people.

Quotetried to write the following line in my script:
then AGS couldn't parse the script, saying that there was an error:

Thanks for reporting this. The new preprocessor wasn't checking the line length limit, which the old compiler assumes. I've fixed this to give the right error message now, and part of my long-term work is to re-write the compiler to remove the line length limit completely.

Quoteanother little displaying problem:
some letters look like:

Hmm, not sure why it's doing that. Could you post a font that demonstrates the problem?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Bug report - we can no longer insert space in hotspot names, such as "glass of water", or "far-off floor", because the space is captured by the new "spacebar to zoom" feature, and the room's zoom level gets changed instead.

On a related note, we can no longer mousewheel our way through the hotspot and object list, which was handy. On the other hand, I know this was so that mouewheel would always change zoom levels. Thing is, both these things are handy. Maybe a *toggle* option for the user?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Or just keep track of which window/tab has focus.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

But I *like* it that regardless of who has the focus, mousewheel would always do that thing when in the ROOM tab. Mostly because I can't tab my way around AGS, so if I don't have a few constants to rely on, I spend too much time on very small control annoyances that eventually build up to a less-than-pleasant experience.

But then again, the space bar is a constant. Or maybe it's not, because it now needs to be fixed...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

The Suitor

When I test a game and exit it gives this error. Everytime I click on something in AGS it will give it again.

Error: Object is currently in use elsewhere.
Version: AGS 3.0.1.34

System.InvalidOperationException: Object is currently in use elsewhere.
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.FillRectangle(Brush brush, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.FillRectangle(Brush brush, Rectangle rect)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintException(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmEraseBkgnd(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Cinfa

got this one while playing Roccio Quest recompiled with 3.0.1 final:
---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x0043EAE3 ; program pointer is +154, ACI version 3.01.1017, gtags (17,80)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and notify CJ on the Tech forum.

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.

An error file CrashInfo.dmp has been created. You may be asked to upload this file when reporting this problem on the AGS Forums. (code 0)
OK   

and now?

Pumaman

QuoteBug report - we can no longer insert space in hotspot names, such as "glass of water", or "far-off floor", because the space is captured by the new "spacebar to zoom" feature, and the room's zoom level gets changed instead.

Heh oops, I'll get that fixed.

QuoteOn a related note, we can no longer mousewheel our way through the hotspot and object list, which was handy. On the other hand, I know this was so that mouewheel would always change zoom levels. Thing is, both these things are handy. Maybe a *toggle* option for the user?

I'll try and fix this so that it only scrolls the hotspot list if that combobox is selected.

QuoteWhen I test a game and exit it gives this error. Everytime I click on something in AGS it will give it again.

Hmm, is this when testing the game full-screen, or does it happen windowed as well?

Quotegot this one while playing Roccio Quest recompiled with 3.0.1 final:

Can you upload the crash dump file please?

Quote from: Lt. Smash on Wed 02/04/2008 18:11:53
another little displaying problem:
some letters look like:
but ingame they are normal/correct. It's a ttf font.

What point size are you importing the font at, and what resolution is your game?

Cinfa

Quote from: Pumaman on Thu 10/04/2008 21:06:05
Quotegot this one while playing Roccio Quest recompiled with 3.0.1 final:

Can you upload the crash dump file please?

Here it is:
http://www.bottomap.com/Temp/CrashInfo.3.01.1017.dmp

Pumaman

Thanks, looks like that crash could happen if the character's current loop number was outside the range of the talking view loop numbers when they start to talk. I'll look into a fix.

Pumaman

Ok, Final 2 is now up, bulit into the installer. If no issues are found in the next few days, this will become the official release.

Cinfa

Quote from: Pumaman on Sun 13/04/2008 14:27:08
Ok, Final 2 is now up, bulit into the installer. If no issues are found in the next few days, this will become the official release.
Same error. Same dump link.

Pumaman

Quote from: Cinfa on Sun 13/04/2008 15:13:07

That shouldn't be possible, since the new version has a different version number, thus the filename would be different...

Cinfa

Quote from: Pumaman on Sun 13/04/2008 15:32:10
Quote from: Cinfa on Sun 13/04/2008 15:13:07

That shouldn't be possible, since the new version has a different version number, thus the filename would be different...

Sorry, I forgot to recompile  :-[ It works perfectly now.

Pumaman

lemmy101

That's totally awesmoe! Thanks again CJ! :D:D:D

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Ghost

Perfect. I rate this nine out of ten, and only because the cursor isn't creamy vanilla.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk