The Darksiders Part I - The Curious Case of Mark Idalo

Started by Cluey, Fri 29/02/2008 00:52:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Cluey

Well after some diversion (GTA IV) I got round to finishing those two backgrounds this week, I shall now be moving onto some character sprites (something which I've been sorely lacking). If anyone wants to help out don't a'fear hollering.

The character sprite work I'm doing is in the simplistic vein, similar to the backgrounds in a sense, little texturing and flat shading, it looks very good with the backgrounds bleak feel.

Those two are both fully animated for their roles, obviously Idalo has 4 direction walking, talking, idle and pick up. Danny has only got standing, talking and idle due to his static nature in the game (he just stands there)
Aramore
My webcomic.

CosmoQueen

KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Zyargeikunn

I'm not a regular in this Forum yet, but the last week I came looking each day, waiting for you to post updates on  this game. I really adore the style, I can't wait to play it.

Jeopardy

I'm awaiting this game more than most commercial ones.
Jeopardy Games "The Totem of Souls" Currently in production
The Other Side of the WORLD my webcomic

Buckethead

The backgrounds look great! But isn't the main character going to hit his head when walking that stairs?

JuuJuu

The more screenshots i see of it, the more excited I get!!

Cluey

Thanks for all the support guys, the graphics production hit a slowdown recently as my dear old Great Aunt passed away unfortunately so I've not had a lot of free time on my hands. I should get back into full steam soon though.
Aramore
My webcomic.

Angel Dust

Man, for a second there I thought this was the 'Completed Game Announcement' Forum and when saw this game at the top I almost passed out from excitment!

Anyway the new stuff looks great and your backgrounds are so unbelievably sexy! Thanks for the tip you gave me in regards to shading too!

Jeopardy

Well, I'm sorry about your loss Cluey, I hope you're doing well.

But I have to be honest, I've never been so excited by a hand full of screen shots so you need to finsih this game. I will love you for it.

Alarconte

It seems Like can be a classic!! Good ambient graphics.

But one thing... These... Officine Reception? Seems a lot with Hospital Reception in Blackwell legacy :P

Grettings!
"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

Cluey

Quote from: Alarconte on Tue 20/05/2008 09:23:26
But one thing... These... Officine Reception? Seems a lot with Hospital Reception in Blackwell legacy :P

Well it's a small police reception. I just name  my files weird.

Erm, the similarities to another game's backgrounds could be bad, especially a commercial one, any screen shots? I've not played Blackwell Legacy.
Aramore
My webcomic.

Alarconte

Don't worry, it only made me remember the psyciatric reception.

I imagine is only a casuality, I assume a lot of receptions in the world were equal xD

"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

Cluey

Ah, that's not similar, just evocative.

Anyway, I've only got 5 backgrounds left to do! I think I'll celebrate with a little dance.

Well, I'd have 6 if I had to do the police chiefs office. Which is only used in a cutscene. And since I'm going to tell most of the story cut scenes in comic form (like Max Payne, only without the cheesy voices) I'm not sure if it's needed. It'll also mean an extra character to draw.

Can someone tell me, if it's possible to have a branching conversation over an image, with the AGS text on top. Maybe do it with rooms and blank the characters. I'm not too concerned about my ignorance because I'm not going to be the one coding the game in the engine, but I don't want to come to the coding of the game and find out I need to draw another background when I'll be busy organising the team and thinking up witty jokes to add in last minute.

Decisions, decisions...
Aramore
My webcomic.

Cyrus

Could you post any of cutscene scheenshots to let us know what will it look like?

Jeopardy

Yeah, I'm with Cyrus, that would be awesome, I'm blown away with evrything you've shown us so far,

Cluey

Quote from: Cyrus on Fri 23/05/2008 10:39:11
Could you post any of cutscene scheenshots to let us know what will it look like?

Well, I would but I've not started on them yet, my production queue is backgrounds>characters>objects and misc>cut scenes.

In the initial build there'll be placeholders for the comics until I've done them, then the game gets released. I like to think of it as something to do towards the end because there's much more important things for me to be focusing on, like game graphics and stuff. I know what the cut scenes are going to be, and so will the team.

I can do comics quite well I think, but doing it at a low resolution, well, that's the challenge :P

Here's a horror/fantasy comic I draw when I have the time. It should give you an idea of what type of comics I read. The Darksiders obviously isn't drawn in Manga style. In fact, I need to get those sketches up for a bit of fun.
Aramore
My webcomic.

Cluey

Crikey, long time no see guys.

I've had alot to sort out lately. Also I got this new PC which of course slowed everything down for a few days.

As proof of life, have a new background:

Aramore
My webcomic.

Dualnames

AWESOME, stop wasting time showing screenshots and start working on it... 8)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Cluey

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 19/06/2008 10:16:15
AWESOME, stop wasting time showing screenshots and start working on it... 8)

Lol, these aren't screenshots, these are what I'm working on. Finishing off the backgrounds then going onto characters.
Aramore
My webcomic.

Angel Dust

OMG, your backgrounds just keep getting better. That latest one is just flat out amazing and so prefectly realised.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk