Mittens 2009: Pre-Planning *Updated 1/25/09* Location Question

Started by Grundislav, Sun 28/09/2008 00:29:48

Previous topic - Next topic

MrColossal

I hear you can get autism from cooties shots anyway...
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Wearing a pirate hat will nullify the effects of cooties in a 4 hex radius.

So I've heard!

DutchMarco

Unscheduled earthquakes and other disasters aside, I fully intend on coming to Miamittens.As I don't have any other Mitetns experience I've had other than in the Chateau, I can only comment that the best bit about the whole Mittens-experience is being with such wonderful people (Oh no! He's going on a yucky manhuggy-and-kissy tour again! No I'm not, worry not.), 'cause as with any holiday, it's the company that makes itwhat it is. so as long as it's a place where we all can spend (at least) the evenings together.

Oh and I'd like for a grocery store-kind of place to be relatively nearby next time. I didn't enjoy going on an hourly walk into the village only to find that they had sold out of bagguettes and we had to return empty handed.
(p.s. I think I've missed something - what's a cootie?)

AGA

Quote from: DutchMarco on Fri 03/10/2008 13:41:50(p.s. I think I've missed something - what's a cootie?)

A made-up bug thing that little American boys claim girls have, because girls are gross.

MillsJROSS

cooties are not made up...three out  every ten girls contract this unusual disease, and many never fully recover. Without proper vaccinations, this disease spreads quickly to boys, who often are left with a very weak immune system and girly ideas that never go away. Being aware and prepared is your best line of defense.

-MillsJROSS

Pesty

I forgot to mention, I am entirely willing to bring my tent and camp in the backyard or whatever if we get a house (camping on a private beach would be frickin' sweet).

Mainly because of the aforementioned cootie fears. No amount of pirate hats will keep cooties away from me, especially with AGA around.

Also, I enjoy camping.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

AGA

DutchMarco

Someone I know on another forum (AX84.com/bbs-not gamerelated  but "toy"-related - guitar amps) drew my attention to this address: cvrbo.com

AGA

Charleston is in South Carolina, nowhere near Miami.

edmundito

I'm pretty sure I'll be there, though it might depend on the date. I can guarantee you 90% that I will make it if it takes place up to late June/early July.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Play_Pretend

I totally want to come, that last-week-of-July thing would fit perfectly in my summer class break schedule.  Just wondering, though, with all the fuss about alcohol...I like to kick back and have a good time, have some laughs, do crazy stuff, but I never touch any kind of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, etc...so other than Progzmax, are there any other people coming who will just want to have fun without drinking?  I mean, cool for those who do, not trying to divide the camp here, just curious.  Same thing for smoking...is there going to be a constant cloud of smoke hovering through the house?

DutchMarco

iirc mods aws the only one who smoked. And he said something to the extent of not coming next year (again, iirc). So chances are no-one will smoke. I acnnot vouch for the effect any cloth-covered furniturewill have on any Mitteneers with matchbook in hand :o but since, even though there willl be drinking (like this year), it won't get out of hand. The people walking into ponds, rivers and off of terraces in the movie, was all just craftily edited by mods to make it look as if it really happened, but it didn't, honestly! We were all lured to our deaths by our ghostly nemesis Jess, she'll  confirm that, won't you, Jess?

Now, if the above doesn't sound just like drunken blurting, I'd be a little surprised, but trust me, you seem more worried about alcohol than you need to be. Or I've got you all wrong, in that case, my apolohgeese.

Ubel

Quote from: Strange Visitor on Wed 22/10/2008 11:53:41
so other than Progzmax, are there any other people coming who will just want to have fun without drinking?

Yep. I belong in the non-drinker group also. I'm glad to see I'm not alone, although I'm not that bothered by other people drinking anymore.

Nacho

Oh, please, shut up! Seems like you imagine last mittens like a rave party of something... There was a night when some guys where slightly ethilic, but nothing else...  :P Everybody is welcome, no matter if you drink or not.

:)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Miez

Quote from: Nacho on Wed 22/10/2008 15:21:13
There was a night when some guys where slightly ethilic, but nothing else...

I'm always a little ethilic :-X

AGA

I'm not coming if I can't use my sweet, sweet heroin >:(

Disco

Also want to speak up for Magintz before the virtual seats are taken,  as he is off adventuring in the USA at the moment, but he has expressed interest as well.

Quote from: Miez on Wed 22/10/2008 15:24:48
There was a night when some guys where slightly ethilic, but nothing else...

I'm always a little ethilic :-X

Yeah same  :o almost enough to want to jump out a window "becasue I thought I could survive it" at one point, but to be fair I did that whole gondola lift trespass thing on zero alcohol :P

m0ds

I don't remember ever saying I won't come to Mittens 09, in fact I think the only thing I said on the subject is "Hell yes". But as with every Mittens, I won't actually confirm if I'm coming or not til a month or two before hand. I AM NOT MADE OF MONEY! Also, there were way more than just one smoker at Mittens 08, there was in fact at least 4* smokers. I get the impression people are worried about smoking/drinking, but jesus! People do at Mittens what they do normally at home, and as far as I'm concerned, for me that's drinking & smoking a LOT. And although I try not to smoke too close to people who "don't like", at the end of the day every Mittens event is effectively one big pub, not a Scout camp!! :)

QuoteThe people walking into ponds, rivers and off of terraces in the movie, was all just craftily edited by mods to make it look as if it really happened, but it didn't, honestly!

This is funny :) Despite the fact many of the actors & crew may have been over the recommended alcohol limit, these events were indeed, purely fiction ;)

* Thought harder about it, there were actually a minimum of 6 smokers at Mittens 08 :O

jetxl

Ubel

Everybody is welcome, no matter if you drink or not.

Look, it's not about that. Some people (me) sometimes feel uncomfortable being the only sober guy in the group, and it's not a wonder this worries the people who don't drink. People aren't really worried about Mittens being a huge "rave party", as you put it. They just want to make sure they don't feel singled out.

I've been to two AGS meetings and both of them had times when I was feeling uncomfortable. It's not because people didn't welcome me to the group. Hell, there has always been someone looking out for me, making sure I'm not feeling left out, which was just amazing. It doesn't help though. If you don't drink and everyone around you does, you WILL feel singled out (no matter how much the drinkers want to avoid this) and it's comforting to know you're not alone.

I don't mean to turn this into a bloody debate on the rights and wrongs of Mittens and definitely don't mean to imply that people shouldn't drink at Mittens. I of course agree that everyone is allowed to spend their time however the hell they want. Just wanted to point out that the non-drinker people don't want to stop Mittens from turning into a week long drinking contest. They just want the comfort of knowing that if it does, they'll still have somebody to hang out with.

Peace, love and flowers and all that other gay stuff! :-*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk