Wretcher (Updates on the website)

Started by Alan v.Drake, Thu 22/04/2010 23:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Harg1

Looks very good! Good drawing!

Knox

QuoteThis game looks crap, you should stop production right away!

LOL!!

Looks really cool, another ags game Im looking forward to checking out!
--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

vertigoaddict

...Make love to me...no you don't have to, just treat me like the wild animal that I am.

I am a *TOTAL* CLOCK TOWER fan  ;D

This...this is....OH MY GOD TAKE ME TAKE ME NOW!

Can't wait to play this

Derrick Freeland

I really like the look of this.  Definitely into the detail and realism.  Also, I'm fond of the film grain (that might be bias, however, it's similar to an effect I use myself for graphics ;))  Can't wait to play this.

xenogia

From the demo, I love the immersion of the world.  Your use of stereo sound effects is indeed fantastic, and you also got the lighting just right.
As for the critical aspect I found the footstep sounds quite annoying, maybe make them a little quieter?
Also this has nothing to do with your work per se but I was getting sound stutters in this as well.

Calin Leafshade

If you need voice actors, ya know where to find me.

Alan v.Drake

@Calin: I'll keep that in mind, but that's something that has to be done later in development. I want final and well-written conversations before making that extra step.
@Xenogia: Yes, those footsteps need adjusting, as most of the other audio need as well.
@kaputtnik: No, there won't be huge scissors.

About other concerns, as you may have noticed I'm still using CT rips as placeholders to speed things up, I promise I'll get rid of them as soon I finish my own graphics, but that's on a lower priority as of now.

- Alan

xenogia

What are you using as place holders?

Alan v.Drake

Background stuff in the generic rooms, no point in making lists, probably by the next update most of them will have been replaced.
See ya.

- Alan

xenogia

markbilly

Shaping up really nice. It is definitely on my list of projects to watch! :)

Abisso

This art style is simply astounding. I just can't find the words to express how good it is.

I wish you'll be able to release this game.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

TM

This looks, as everyone else has already said, amazingly atmospheric. I love the nuances. The effort clearly shows. Just one thing, please don't use that unwieldy font.

My website & blog

Alan v.Drake

Quote from: TM on Tue 04/05/2010 22:14:32
This looks, as everyone else has already said, amazingly atmospheric. I love the nuances. The effort clearly shows. Just one thing, please don't use that unwieldy font.

If you are referring to the logo one, I'm planning to draw an original font just for it.
If you were talking about the one used in conversations, well that's still a rip, is the size right, or is it too big ? I need some feedback on that before drawing a proper one.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'm devoting all my free time to the making of this game, so I'll definitely release it.

- Alan

Jim Reed

Bah, Haloa, you old punk, you can't draw shit, you're sprites also look shitty, and I was wondering if you were available to draw some for me too? =P

Alan v.Drake

Quote from: Jim Reed on Wed 05/05/2010 07:45:30
Bah, Haloa, you old punk, you can't draw shit, you're sprites also look shitty, and I was wondering if you were available to draw some for me too? =P

Sorry pal, I've already reached my working limit.

- Alan

Jim Reed

I know, it's just me saying your stuff looks good =)

TM

Um sorry, I could have been a little clearer.

The logo font is actually quite good, I think. If you want that occult, daunting look, go with it. You could decrease the letter spacing to make it more compact.

In the last post, I was talking about the game font. It's too large compared to everything else that's going on on the screen. The letters are too far apart, making the words hard to read. I've searched dafont.com for some good readable fonts. Here are:

- Tempesta
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5097/tempesta.gif

- Supertext
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7106/supertext.gif

While these are solid and very readable, they lack character, so I tried to make up a font that looks similar to the one you're using now. I spent 30 minutes on it, so it's nowhere near perfect, the balancing is all off etc. but maybe you can use some of it:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4246/originaly.gif

My website & blog

Abisso

I vote for the font TM did!!! (I can vote, can't I?)

It's very, very appropriate.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

Alan v.Drake

Still, it would look small, hmmm... maybe raising the font's mid line (or whatever it's called) one pixel

I'll come up with something this evening.

EDIT: What about something like this ?

... still needs some fixings, though.

- Alan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk