Ben Jordan Case 8 - OMG RELEASE DATE!!!

Started by Grundislav, Wed 27/04/2011 06:45:20

Previous topic - Next topic

proximity

Quote from: Ascovel on Thu 28/04/2011 15:05:08

Maybe he could at least pass on his supernatural mysteries pants to his oldest son (or daughter)?

Good idea. It may be the only way to continue chapters.
Proximity Entertainment

Cogliostro

IMHO:

I'm personally happier with a story that has an ending!

If the longest game arc (story arc?) in AGS history is coming to a close, perhaps the rest of us need to step up and produce something?

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Grundislav

Not to worry, it has an ending.  Four of them, in fact!  You as the player can choose which one you prefer as an end to the overall story, but there definitely won't be any spinoffs or "Son of Ben Jordan" games.  This is it.

waluigi

Screenshots are looking great. I'm looking forward to relasing :) But I have hope, that the plot will be... Well, in case 7 it was (in some moments) so crudely anti-Catholic :/ I've ended this part, like all others, but this one had awful plot.

And these four endings-sounds tasty ;) I've got a question-will be in 8 case a "mechanism", which was used in case 3? You know, in some moment there was an accident, where you could go in another way, "shorter" or "longer". Anyway, I have hope that it will be great game :) Good luck, Grundislav Games!

(sorry if there was any mistakes, I'm a foreigner, but I'm doing my best)

Grundislav

Quote from: waluigi on Sat 30/04/2011 08:22:34
But I have hope, that the plot will be... Well, in case 7 it was (in some moments) so crudely anti-Catholic

Anti-Catholic?  I respectfully disagree with you, there.  Sure, the game is set in Rome, and you confess in the Vatican, as well as ask a priest all about saints, and the plot deals with the murder of a priest, but at no time does anyone ever explicitly say "Catholicism and Catholics are bad!"  

The antagonist is a cardinal, yes, but he's not working for the Vatican.  He has his own group of followers and is separate from the church.  I'm sorry if any of this offended you, as it was never my intent to portray Catholicism specifically in a bad light.

However, if you're offended by the idea of organized religion being portrayed as less than positive, you may not like Case 8.

In any case, yes, there are two sections in the game where you make a choice that affects the ending of the game.

Stee

Im going to love this game  ;D

Consequently, I'm looking forward to this Grundy. Keep up the good work. We all love a good BJ.
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Darth Mandarb

[size=8]STOP[/size]

This is about Ben Jordan Case 8.  Nothing else.

ddq

Looking good, Francisco! Maybe this'll make me get around to playing all the other BJ games. But not likely. Have fun with those 45 minutes of dialog, too!

SuperDre

Even though I haven't played any of the Ben Jordan Cases yet, I'm sad to hear this being the last one as I KNOW I'll love the games when I start playing them, which will be soon I hope..

This really looks professional to me, so really looking forward to playing case 8 too..

Saren

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I can't wait until it comes out! I'm really looking forward to it. Hmm will it come with designer commentary? ;P

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

This year, BJ comes to YOU.

Cameliosso

Man, those BJ series are one of the two reasons why I installed windows xp on my macintosh computer - the second one is about Broken Sword games :) Good luck on your work.

PS. Mr. Grundislav, Have you got in mind a physical media release of completed cases maybe ? It would be nice to all have your games as collection on a shelf :)

LRH

That's actually not a bad idea, Grundi. I'd be down with a box set as well. :D

Grundislav

I wasn't planning on releasing any type of box set, but maybe I can do some sort of DVD cover and make it available on my website if you want to burn your own CD and have a DVD box.

Dualnames

Quote from: Grundislav on Sat 14/05/2011 02:47:56
I wasn't planning on releasing any type of box set, but maybe I can do some sort of DVD cover and make it available on my website if you want to burn your own CD and have a DVD box.

That'd be great and very thoughtful of you.  :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

arj0n

Quote from: Grundislav on Sat 14/05/2011 02:47:56
maybe I can do some sort of DVD cover and make it available on my website if you want to burn your own CD and have a DVD box.
Yes please.

Grundislav

I've been working slowly but surely on the game, and putting the tracing- er, I mean rotoscoping - to good use, as you can see in these two new animations:

Kind of hypnotic, aren't they?

CoffeeBob

Very much looking forward to this. I've got a few Ben Jordan games to catch up with before this is released. :=

Also, those animations really are hypnotic. And awesome! Great work, man. ;D

Dualnames

I'm so excited about this. Really really looking forward to this! SO LET'S DO THIS!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

cianty

I am still working my way through the series. Enjoying it greatly...

and these animations look GREAT!!!
ca. 70% completed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk