The Cat Lady

Started by Grim, Sun 01/11/2009 00:20:37

Previous topic - Next topic

poc301

I liked the teaser video.  Very creepy feeling.  I'll definitely give this a go once done.

-Bill

Construed

I really like the whole black and white style you got going.
You really pushed it to the limit on that building!
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

moshboy

Loving the graphical style of this game. Very refreshing and unique.

Grim

Thanks for the comments:)

But I really think TCL looks much better in action than still images- one of the reasons being the amazing Tween module I've been using a lot and now can't imagine working without it. And, of course, the discovery of alpha channels... ;)

When the next trailer is out before the release of the game, I'm hoping for this sort of reaction:

Now I'm beginning to work on the cats animation- the moment I've been dreading for a long time- as much as I love cats, this is going to be very difficult, I think. But, obviously, cats are necessary in a game with a "cat" in the title, so I better get to it. I might post a cat sprite later:)

cat

I appriciate a game with cat in the title! Btw, the link in your signature doesn't work.

Grim

Quote from: cat on Thu 17/02/2011 10:22:33
I appriciate a game with cat in the title! Btw, the link in your signature doesn't work.

Hey- and you're a lady, too! :)

Thanks for the info about link- I guess I forgot to pay the host... Oh, well, I'll do it tomorrow:)

Grim

A little update:

Here's an idea of a game's poster:

And two more screenshots:

The game is getting pretty big now- just finished room 100 few days ago! Yay! :)

Dualnames

stop fooling around and release this goddamnit! I can't stand it anymore! I want to play!!  :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Mr.Dream

A big game, i waiting it.

Chicky

Looking forward to it Grim!

Grim

Dual: It's ready when it's ready. Can't speed it up any more-  high res games really do take longer to make... ;)

Mr.Dream: Thanks. Big indeed. 800mb already... ;)

Chicky: Thanks! I hope it won't disappoint you:)

NickyNyce

Hey Grim,

I was wondering how those cat animations were coming along ? 

Can you throw us a bone, .....errrr.... I mean a pic ?

Grim

Quote from: NickyNyce on Mon 04/07/2011 16:03:05
Hey Grim,

I was wondering how those cat animations were coming along ?  

Can you throw us a bone, .....errrr.... I mean a pic ?

The cat animations are top secret and will be revelead when the game is out....... ;)

But for now, I'd like to show you the   SECOND TRAILER .

Also updated links in the first post.

Also #2- new screenshot:

NickyNyce

Very nice screenie and trailer, nothing says scary like someone chopping meat in the shed.   :)

Midian Design

Good job and <3 the gas mask  :P

Igor Hardy

chop! chop! chop! :)

But where are the kitties?

Grim

Quote from: Ascovel on Mon 22/08/2011 14:57:26
chop! chop! chop! :)

But where are the kitties?

Being chopped for dinner, of course.... ;)

pmartin

This game is the nº1 thing that's putting my horror project on hold. Since I can't finish before you, I have to wait and see how high the bar will be set after the release. And PRAY that it isn't higher than I can reach.

But this new teaser made me hopeless.

Surdy

Hey Grim,

Your new trailer remembers me the same feeling when I discovered Diablo's first real boss called the Butcher in his slaughterhouse (Aaah !!! Fresh meat !! he said). It gives me the creep !  ;)

It's good idea to take a peek before. What is she ? An old freaky nurse turned in a butcher? :P

I also like the old abandoned garden full of garbage with the tumbledown house.

She is as your Downfall's Devonshire's axeman, a kind of a savage killer.  ;D

Are there any voices in your game or is just for the trailer ?

ZapZap

Wow. that's all i can say after seeing the trailer. Read about the story and already loving it
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk