AdventureX 2011 roundup

Started by , Tue 01/11/2011 23:03:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Azure

I have a smart phone  so I can tweet a bit as long as there's a signal,  have plenty of bandwidth this month too. I guess all we'd need do is mention to people to use it if they are tweeting ( possibly a mention in the newsletter?)
I'll be tweeting from @azuresama and have made my account public so anyonr who searches for the hashtag will be able to see it.
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

m0ds

Cool! Never used twitter myself or had a smartphone, so I'll leave all that hashtagging stuff up to you folks ;) I can make it official in tonights newsletter if you tell me what I need to put? #adventurex ??

The rough schedule...

Saturday
11:00      Doors open
11:15      ---
11:30      Video/tutorial   S3nses
11:45      GAME      11-11-11
12:00      GAME      Quasar
12:15      GAME      Murran Chronicles Episode 3
12:30      GAME      Far Corners of the World Part 1
12:45      GAME      Venator
12:55      PRIZE DRAW #1
13:00      GAME      Egress: Test of STS 417
13:15      GAME      He Watches
13:30      GAME      The Visitor & The Visitor 2 preview
13:45      GAME      Ask A Monkeyologist   
14:00      GAME      Reality on the Norm: Night And Day
14:15      GAME      Doc Apocalypse
14:30      SPECIAL   Neil Rennison â€" Tin Man Games
14:45      ---
14:55      PRIZE DRAW #2
15:00      GAME      Timeless Journey
15:15      GAME      A Night At Camp Ravenwood
15:30      GAME      Then We Were Angels
15:45      GAME      Automaticity
16:00      GAME      Wretcher
16:15      GAME      Byrne In Hell
16:30      SPECIAL   Chris Bateman â€" Discworld Noir
16:45      ---
16:55      PRIZE DRAW #3
17:00      GAME      Unga Needs Mumba
17:15      GAME      Roadworks & An Unkindness Of Ravens
17:30      GAME      The Philanthropist
17:45      GAME      Stuart Lilford with Entrapment
18:00      SPECIAL   Yahtzee â€" An Adventure Retrospective
18:15      GAME      The Rail
18:30      GAME      City
18:45      GAME      Ben Jordan 8: Relics of the Past
19:00      PRIZE DRAW #4, COMPETITION RESULTS, CLOSE DOWN

SCHEDULE

Sunday
11:00      Doors open
11:15      Video/tutorial   S3nses
11:30      GAME      11-11-11
11:45      GAME      Quasar
12:00      GAME      Murran Chronicles Ep. 3
12:15      GAME      Far Corners of the World Part 1
12:30      GAME      Timeless Journey
12:45      GAME      Egress: Test of STS 417
12:55      PRIZE DRAW #1
13:00      GAME      He Watches
13:15      GAME      The Visitor & The Visitor 2 preview
13:30      GAME      Ask A Monkeyologist & Venator
13:45      GAME      Reality On The Norm: Night And Day
14:00      GAME      Doc Apocalypse
14:15      GAME      A Night At Camp Ravenwood
14:30      SPECIAL   Chris Jones - AGS
14:45      ---
14:55      PRIZE DRAW #2
15:00      GAME      Then We Were Angels
15:15      GAME      Automaticity
15:30      GAME      Wretcher
15:45      GAME      Byrne In Hell
16:00      GAME      Unga Needs Mumba
16:15      GAME      Roadworks & An Unkindness Of Ravens
16:30      SPECIAL   Alasdair Beckett-King â€" Nelly Cootalot
16:45      ---
16:55      PRIZE DRAW #3
17:00      GAME      The Philanthropist
17:15      GAME      The Rail
17:30      GAME      James Broom with Space Quest 2 remake
17:45      GAME      City
18:00      SPECIAL   Yahtzee â€" An Adventure Retrospective
18:15      GAME      Ben Jordan 8: Relics of the Past
18:30            Simon Love plays computer game classics
18:45            AdventureX Charity Auction
19:00      PRIZE DRAW #4, COMPETITION RESULTS, CLOSE DOWN

Stupot

Epic!  Really glad this is going ahead, even though I can't come.

Have an awesome weekend guys.  I'll be following #adventurex so y'all better get your tweet on.

Azure

Just ask anyone with a twitter account to use the hastag #adventurex when they tweet. It essentially tags the tweets, so people can filter for related tweets. 
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

Tabata

Wishing you a great time over there this weekend â€" have a lot of fun!       

m0ds

Thank you Tabata!

This is my final update, just to say thank you for showing support - and it's not too late to get a ticket (or a stay at home ticket if you want all the online goodies). The show starts in just over 12 hours, at which point we'll be burning through adventure games every fifteen minutes, eating egg sandwiches and look at bar price list and talk to bar lady, shortly before interact with drink. Thanks again, see those of you coming there!

Mark L - organiser

LimpingFish

Well, I was hoping right up until the last possible moment. :'(

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I won't be able to make it. Luckily my flights only cost me a grand total of (just over) 50 euro, so that's not so bad a loss.

Best of luck, Mark, and here's to everyone involved having a great time! \o/
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

m0ds

aw man you bought a plane ticket??! Dude, you haven't spoken to me since almost right after Ireland :P Numpty! Or whatever Irish equivalent I've forgotten. Get in touch next time  :=

ps. imagine me after a night with various irish people, including rachel (mm) and vivacious blonde who loves Frank, but I have to open an event in 6 hours. :P

LimpingFish

Yeah, I'd booked the plane tickets last week. Like I said, it was only around fifty euro return, so writing them off is no biggie.

In the end it didn't matter, since the window I'd hoped to have open this weekend swung shut with a bowel-loosening thud. I was holding out hope right up until last night, just in case I could turn it around, but no dice.

Consider me numptified. :(
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

m0ds

Sorry to hear that sir. Quite the bummer. And any money lost because of it isn't particularly great! Next time though, hopefully :)

Jimbob

On a train! Slightly hungover! But still!
See you lot shortly...
Current Project: A Hard Day's Knight

Radiant

Stupot

Well?  How was day one?

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

How's it going so far, Mark?

Technocrat

The main theme of yesterday's festivities was "violence against women". Also, prizes!

magintz

I seem to recall imbibing much guineas and eating egg and watercress sandwiches made by marks mum  ;D

all went well. There's great to see lots of stuff being done in the adventure community.

Two talks were awesome and made the trip worthwhile.

Yahtzee hasn't changed a bit, thanks for the audio message.

More fun today especially with cj coming. Even better that there are people here who haven't met him.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Chicky

Coughed up half a lung chasing the bus down, on my way!

m0ds

Coool! Yesterday was great - a positive response from everyone and the speeches were epic. Probably more relaxed today, already a few people are here, hopefully Azure will tweet it a bit more today. See how it goes. Peoples just arrived, gotta turn the net off. Will post my full report tomorrow, looking forward to today. BYeee :)

straydogstrut

I can't stay as long today - late already but i'll make sure i'm there in time to see CJ - so i'll sum up my experience so far. For me, the talks from Neil from Tinman Games and Chris Bateman were definite highlights. As was Yahtzee's message:-) The game previews were excellent (Baaaa!) but difficult for M0ds to demo when he hadn't played them before. Fun watching him fail tho;-)

I'll have more of a nosey round today, but the ones I saw that were playable - The Rail, Entrapment - were fantastic imho. It was also good to find people coming from a mix of backgrounds. Forgotten your handle already, sorry, but Damien's Chronicles of Humanity machinima looks impressive. Dodgy net connection at my B&B but i'll definitely check out the series when I get back to London.

This weekend has definitely inspired me to dust off my half baked ideas and load up the Editor again.

Huge thanks to M0ds for organising the whole thing.

Jimbob

It was a good day, as people have said the talks were excellent, and I got what I wanted out of it, which was to be inspired and motivated to work on my own stuff more, and to also kick Matt's behind into finishing something (seriously, finish a game Matt :P).

Cheers to Mark for organising it, I can imagine it's never easy and a little bit nerve-wrecking. Although all I actually wanted was to win CD1 of Discworld Noir, because I can't find mine...
Current Project: A Hard Day's Knight

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk