Release Something 2012! Time's up!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 02/06/2012 15:20:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Quote from: m0ds on Sun 24/06/2012 01:04:55
For everyone except Chris "LimpingFish" Chris.

Limpingfish's name is Chris Chris? That explains everything! Growing up with a name like that, it must have driven him mad. That explains his  (clearly insane) love of hairless hamsters!  ;)

Vince Twelve

Quote from: ProgZmax on Fri 22/06/2012 00:07:28
1.  Come up with great idea for a game.
2.  Work on it alone.
3.  Game explodes in size and scope.
4.  Loss of interest.

Never give up!  Never surrender!  (By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings!)

Dualnames

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 22/06/2012 06:39:15
1.  Come up with mediocre (fair to middlin' at best) idea for a game.
2.  Work on it alone (so alone).
3.  Game slowly (so slowly) creeps towards completion.
4.  Sidetracked by my love of drawing boobies (yay boobies! \o/).
5. Game completed three years after I promised it would be. Drawer filled with pencil sketches of boobies (Scan and send to Dualnames).

Yep. That's pretty much how every game I've ever made was put together. It's my formula for success.  ;-D

I'm glad i get the best out of each project. ^___^
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

QuoteNever give up!  Never surrender!  (By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings!)

Says the guy who had art slaves working on his game for five years   (nod)

Eric

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Sun 24/06/2012 06:40:54
Never give up!  Never surrender!  (By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings!)

An underrated classic. Enrico Colantoni is especially good in that one.

Chicky

First i would like to say, all really really cool contributions this year. I sort of have two somethings. The first, a work in progress of my most recent background, player character and a sneak peek at a GUI concept!

Secondly the news that i am working on the above game and that i am very confident about a 2012 release date! Heh, yay for releasing lines of text :=

Ghost

Ben made me do it!!!
Somewhat ancient, but I always like the way MM and Zak could create believable, different characters with just ONE crude base model.

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/xPcXJ.png[/imgzoom]

Ponch

I'll be sad to see June come to an end. This thread has been very enjoyable. Only one week left, and yet it continues to impress. :)

Ilyich

Chicky: looking great! I love the soft colours and precise pixel art, good luck with that release date!  :)

Eric

If you've seen the thread where I was previously sharing art stuff, you'll know that I was having a bit of a crisis trying to reconcile the cartoony style that I wanted for my game with the semi-realism that was coming from stringent frameworks for animation, background art perspective, etc.

Some time this week, I realized that one of the solutions might be temporarily setting aside the cartoonish game and going with the semi-realistic flow. So that's what I'm messing about with now. I've still been making walk sprites mostly. This is a main character, and I'm experimenting with making different walks based on his mood (I'm also going through Richard Williams' animation book). This is my favorite so far (except for the hands, which I need to do from scratch -- I copied these over from an old image -- and the pants legs, which need a little more bounce), the tough-guy-girding-up-the-loins-to-head-into-battle-walk.

I'm still taking a break from sharing most things, but I didn't want June to pass without participating in this thread one more time.

Igor Hardy

Quote from: ProgZmax on Fri 22/06/2012 00:07:28
1.  Come up with great idea for a game.
2.  Work on it alone.
3.  Game explodes in size and scope.
4.  Loss of interest.

Hmmm... I never really lost interest in a game project so far, but - sadly - that didn't turn me into a crazy game-making machine.

I think finalizing production of any worthwhile game is hell. Especially, if you're doing it in your spare time.

Tramponline

Very neat, Eric! Very Raymond Chandler-ish. (really kind of miss your work in progress thread, by the way)

Basically I want to get my hands on all the projects in this thread.
Very, very inspiring guys!

This thread is one of the most interesting and most frustrating ones! (realising I still got nothing to show for/ CURSE YOU BEN!)

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Tramponline on Mon 25/06/2012 20:14:34
This thread is one of the most interesting and most frustrating ones! (realising I still got nothing to show for/ CURSE YOU BEN!)

I shall invite you to re-curse me when I politely point out that there is still time left to Release Something 2012â,,¢.

:=

Ponch

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Tue 26/06/2012 02:25:34
I shall invite you to re-curse me when I politely point out that there is still time left to Release Something 2012â,,¢.

This is absolutely true, Trampoline. I totally half-assed my post just so I could say I contributed to Release Something 2012â,,¢. You can do the same. I have faith in you!  :cool:

Nikolas

It all should be games related? :( Cause other than Resonance I don't have much to offer around this time of the year in the general area of computer games...

But an awesome thread, of course!

ThreeOhFour

I wouldn't say no to music from another project of yours, Nik.

Armageddon

All these should be reviewed in a segment on BlueCupTools(TM), starting with my entry of course. ;-D

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Oh, and what's this?  Footage from an actual game?  OH NO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltjlOuxm4MU

EchosofNezhyt

Jaffles

@ ProgZmax, that's a tough act to follow! Awesome trailer, certainly got me interested :D

Anyway, here's a screen from Reon Quest Episode 2: Escape From Bully Island. Looks like it won't just be Draco doing the adventuring this time around!

And trust me, he knows what he's saying. It's a journey he's made SEVERAL times...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk