Stereophonics

Started by Atelier, Thu 04/12/2014 01:54:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

San Francisco Bay, past pier 39, early PM, can't remember what time!

Adeel

Yay, another drunken Atelier's thread! :cheesy:

PS: Why is it that every single time Jon (or Bror_Jon - as you all know him on the forums) is drunk, you happen to be drunk as well? Coincidence? I think not!

Atelier

Who is this fuy you speak of? Sounds like a decent fellow - drunk AGS' inf is the only kind of agsing

Adeel

Yes, Jon is quite a decent fellow. Quite adorable when he's drunk, actually! (nod)

In all seriousness, I really wonder what is it like being drunk? Can anyone, preferably you, enlighten me? Do you get even more depressed or do you get relieved from depression? I'd love getting drunk but I won't because:

a) I fear that I might get addicted to alcohol.
b) Alcohol is prohibited in Pakistan and, as such, it's quite expensive and the one which is easily accessible is that of substandard quality which can lead to death!
c) Last but not the least: drinking is haram or forbidden in Islam. And you'll burn for eternity in Hell if you drink.  :sad:

monkey424

Being drunk is overated. Hangovers are not pleasant. Drink in moderation Adeel.  (nod)

Retro Wolf

I have not been properly drunk in years, I do get a little tipsy once or twice a year though.
On average I probably have between 1-3 small bottles spread out over a week (around 500 ml per bottle).
I drink them for the taste and it's relaxing after a hard day at work.

I discovered alcohol when I was 15, so yes I did get into a bit of trouble and I'd get really drunk every Saturday night. I discovered I could drink quite a lot, but I only ever threw up once in my life from drink.

It's not something I was ever addicted to, I don't understand how anyone could get addicted and want to drink everyday. I did it because I was young and I had fun with my friends, some of my fondest memories are from during this period.

1st drink: Nothing much happens.
2nd - 3rd: A pleasant buzz.
4th - 5th +: Shenanigans.

It really depends how fast you go through them, and the strength of the alcohol.

Haggis

QuoteIn all seriousness, I really wonder what is it like being drunk? Can anyone, preferably you, enlighten me? Do you get even more depressed or do you get relieved from depression?

I haven't had a drink for over a year now, just through personal choice, not necessity. So far I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, I can still go out and have a good time. The hardest part is probably the stigma associated with being 'the one not drinking'. Before then I enjoyed a good night out after work or with friends, never used to drink at home though. For someone to get addicted to booze I think there have to be other contributing factors in their life behind why that person is drinking. I ain't no doctor though. I can safely say you aren't going to get addicted though from one night out / one drink.

I can only comment on my own experiences but 4 pints and above tends to be the tipping point into proper drunken behaviour - generally speaking behaviour and actions become more immature and you start to feel less inhibited, saying or doing things you never normally would. Jokes seem funnier and conversations seem to flow. On most nights out this leads to having a great time. Whether you're a depressed, angry or happy drunk can depend a lot on your mood before you drink, what happens over the course of the night and probably what you're drinking (Jaeger-bombs turn me into a hyperactive demon where as lager just emphasises my current mood - more jovial or more depressed). If you're mixing your drinks too over the course of the night (e.g. starting on beer, then spirits, then wine) you will tend to get drunk quicker.

8 pints and above and you enter the realm of I-don't-remember-anything-about-last-night territory. You may remember an image or two from that period but what seems to you as 10 seconds can actually be a 2 hour period you have no recollection of. Usually in these instances you start off hoping someone else remembered what happened and can tell you but once they do you end up wishing no one had remembered anything at all! Your chances of discharging a tactical chunder during the night are also increased by this point.

Stupot

I don't drink so much these days.  I used to get through a lot of beer and built up a good tolerance (and beer belly). I I luckily never developed any kind of need to drown my sorrows or anything, I just drank coz I liked going up the pub and playing darts and eating crisps. These days, I still like a quiet drink or two, but rarely ever get particularly drunk. Hangovers are crippling these days. I don't get these people who seem to worship the hangover almost as much as the night out. I normally have beer in the fridge, but it can be in there for weeks before I drink it.

I did recently purchase a big bottle of whiskey, but that was a present to myself and will probably last me a couple of months, if not more.  I do like drinking and computing though. Maybe my lack of boozing is actually related to the fact that I have shit internet, so don't do much computing these days either. :-/

Slasher

The days of 20 pints, a hot curry and spraying strangers plants after midnight have long gone  (roll)

Still, one has many memories (laugh)

Atelier

On a serious note, who likes Stereophonics? I've made a Pearl Jam 'Apprecication' Thread, time for my 2nd fave band. I like the fact you guys assumed I was drunk when I made this thread :-D

Stupot

Haha. I like the phonics. Seen them live. Although I wouldn't know if they'd done anything new in the past 7 or 8 years, I still listen to their older stuff on occasion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk