AdventureX 2014 - 6th+7th December - London

Started by , Tue 16/09/2014 14:48:24

Previous topic - Next topic

theSynapse

Sorry I couldn't be there for Sunday :-(

But I had a great time on Saturday this year. I feel so bad that this is the first time I've missed a day of AdventureX!

Anyway, it's always a really inspiring time for me, and everytime I come I think, "Damn, should be working on an adventure game...". Maybe next year I REALLY should have something to show!

Hope Sunday went well and that you all have decent travels home.

Tom

P.S. Mods, you said come back to the forums....well....here I am!

Grundislav

Had a fantastic first time at AdventureX! Great seeing old friends, meeting new people, and seeing all the great games on display and being demonstrated. It was also a real honor to be able to participate and give a talk as well as be on a couple of panels.

Bring on AdventureX 2015!

Stupot

Calypso

Yay for another successful AdventureX! Looking forward to any materials from the event.
Chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.

Azure

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 08/12/2014 05:50:17
Are there any videos yet? :kiss:
I don't think so but Adventure Treff filmed a load and were taking lots of pictures. I didn't take as many this year as my phone was acting up, but I got to play with my tablet and take some nice dioramas (laugh) I will try to get those up asap
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

IndieBoy

I had a great time at the event this year. I'm so happy that I managed to attend and meet all of you for the first time. I wasn't expecting to learn so much, see such exciting games and have so much fun. The guys recording the event have a big job ahead of them cutting the hours of footage but when it is available online I would highly recommend to everyone to watch it all. Especially the panels and the presentations from Josué Monchan and Dr Adams. I highly recommend them.

I'll make sure Im there next year, and who knows I might have something to show.

Rob
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

AprilSkies

I had such a great time sunday. Talks and games were so interesting, and what made me happy the most was that I met so nice people, captainD, cat, shaun, grundislav, matt, dave gilbert, technocrat, yeppoh... I didn't expect you to be so nice, guys and gals.
And a big thank to Mark and Rebecca for organizing it and for being so nice as well.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Intense Degree

Had a great time over the weekend, some really interesting stuff and cool people. Well done to Mark and all the team who organised it. Nice to meet those of you I managed to speak to over the weekend too!

CaptainD

Quote from: AprilSkies on Mon 08/12/2014 14:17:18
I had such a great time sunday. Talks and games were so interesting, and what made me happy the most was that I met so nice people, captainD, cat, shaun, grundislav, matt, dave gilbert, technocrat, yeppoh... I didn't expect you to be so nice, guys and gals.

We're not!  We just put it on for your sake. :P

Just to echo - was really great to meet AprilSkies, Shaun, and many others.  It was a really great event, thanks again Mark . Rebecca / whoever else helped behind the scenes!  Even my useless laptop didn't quite manage to ruin the experience. :grin:

AGA

You people should all get giant hats with your usernames on or something.  How else am I supposed to know who's an AGS person and who's an evil other engine person??

Technocrat

Quote from: AGA on Mon 08/12/2014 14:54:58
You people should all get giant hats with your usernames on or something.  How else am I supposed to know who's an AGS person and who's an evil other engine person??

Hey, I had a t-shirt with "Technocrat" on it!

shaun9991

It was so great to meet some of you legends! Such an amazing event, what a great community. Already looking forward to next year!
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

m0ds

You're welcome. Lots of fun! Way more fun than the broken internet and boiler back at home here. So I will write more soon when I get some of my vids up in a day or 2. Thanks for coming along everyone :) And those who tried to turn up virtually - sorry about the live stream. I'm still trying to work out what went wrong there. It was as if the permissions needed to broadcast weren't allowed within our dedicated wifi setup for the event. But others managed to upload photos and stuff so I'm a bit confused. Anyway A-T got all Saturdays game demos and I got a bunch of talks, panels & special guest vids. Should not take long to get them on YT but right now I'm freezing and can't find the camera charger :P Real nice games this year and I hope the Betram Fiddle release goes well in a few days :) I can't remember where I put my deformed Nelly dubloon but I love it, thanks Ali! Everyone did really well. We had about 75-80 people on Saturday and about 50 on Sunday. And everyone helped raise 132 (but we'll make it 150) for charity which I will sort out by the end of the week. It'll be interesting to see a repeat at LSBU next year, so am thankful to Becky & Siobhan for their help and Berian for standing by (literally). Looking forward to Steve's write up which will presumably be biased as he won loads of prizes ;) More to say but not right now. Well done everyone!!

Hopalong

Just to say, I had a great time and I hope my talk provided a modicum of enlightenment. I'm definitely fired up about playing some more adventure games.  And maybe making one? If one of the chaps I was talking to about the Cold Call of Cthulhu game is reading this, drop me an email: we can definitely make this happen.

- Joey Jones

Azure

Thanks Mark too for all your hard work!
Thanks for coming Joey, I really wanted at least a few interactive fiction talks. I'm sorry I had to dive out of your talk, I hope someone filmed it so I can watch.
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

Chicky

Thanks to everyone who took part for an awesome Sunday! There weren't enough hours in the day for me to meet everyone but I had a lot of fun chatting to those I managed to meet :) Also sorry to Dave for going a bit fanboy on him 8-)

Miez

I had a great time at my first AdventureX! Met some dear old friends, and some cool new people. Watched a whole bunch of awe-inspring games and got soundly beaten in the quiz. Feeling very inspired and ready to make some games :D

Note to self: best not to check your homeward flight details after having visited the pub. I went to Stansted airport, but my plane was leaving from Gatwick. Felt like a bit of a dumbass, thank the gods for a taxi service from Stansted to Gatwick!

CaptainD

Quote from: Miez on Mon 08/12/2014 19:08:17
Note to self: best not to check your homeward flight details after having visited the pub. I went to Stansted airport, but my plane was leaving from Gatwick. Felt like a bit of a dumbass, thank the gods for a taxi service from Stansted to Gatwick!

Wouldn't worry about that too much!  I thought I'd booked the same Premier Inn as I always do when I visit my folk down near London, managed to book a different one (only found out when I tried to check in at the normal one...) - fortunately it's almost next to where I grew up so I knew the area, and it was if anything better positioned for getting the train into London for AX! :-D

Did you see any of the games I presented btw?  I only ask because I kind of remember a guy who looked like your avatar...

selmiak

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 08/12/2014 19:23:47
Did you see any of the games I presented btw?  I only ask because I kind of remember a guy who looked like your avatar...
:-D
Sounds like you all had lots of fun. Sadly I couldn't make, maybe next year. So instead I'll watch all the recordings I can get my hands on! Is there a picture gallery somewhere already maybe?

Miez

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 08/12/2014 19:23:47

I watched your presentation of Captain Disaster :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk