Most addictive multiplayer browser game ever? AGARIO!

Started by Mandle, Thu 10/09/2015 15:14:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

* No Download or Registration...Just click the link, sign in as Guest, and start playing...
* The goal is to grow bigger by eating the little dots of food and other players...
* You can eat players as long as you are 125% their size or larger...
* The smaller you are the faster you move...
* The bigger you are the further you can see...
* You can split your mass to make quick lunging attacks but it takes a long time to reform back into a whole so: risky...
* You can fire your mass onto the static green spots and use them as a kind of weapon against other players...
* Mouse to move, SPACE to split your mass, W to fire off mass...

http://agar.io/

Play at own risk: SERIOUS TIME WASTER AND HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!!

After a few games my best mass is 981, but I got lucky...And then I got stupid....And then I got eaten...

Stupot

I'm playing it on the app. What's your username on there? Mine's Stupot :-)
Msome people have custom designs on their blobs. Is that a browser-only thing, coz I have no option to do that via the app. Ahh I see you just have to change your name to whatever you want the design to be. Currently playing as the Queen

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Fri 11/09/2015 03:39:02
I'm playing it on the app. What's your username on there? Mine's Stupot :-)
Msome people have custom designs on their blobs. Is that a browser-only thing, coz I have no option to do that via the app. Ahh I see you just have to change your name to whatever you want the design to be. Currently playing as the Queen

Ahhhhhh that explains why there were so many people with the same designs/names. I thought they were like clans or something...

Bulbapuck

Finally get a chance to post this :p

Played it for a bit, but I don't know. It got old after a while. After achieving above success I didn't really feel like going back to it.
But man, it was a good feeling being on top ^^

vertigoaddict

XD I remember spending a good hour on this a couple of months ago, especially hilarious when you name yourself HPV or Beiber Fever (interesting how- at least in my experience- people will try to get rid of you waaaaaaaaaaaaay more/quicker if you're called the latter, don't blame them one bit).

Crimson Wizard

Well, you just made my night :).

After playing for a while with varied success, I got some observations.

1. Learn to quickly determine whether another blob is dangerous for you.
a) if the blob is about your size (less than 125%), it is usually not dangerous, because it won't be able to eat you. Some players tend to follow you, though, either overestimating their size, or hoping that you will split, which they could use for their success.
b) if the blob is about or less than twice of your size, it is technically dangerous, but not critically so. First, you are faster than it, so it won't get you, unless there happen to be obstacle on the way. Second, if it splits, you only win from that, because you may be able to eat its half (in the worst, the situation changes to case "a").
c) if the blob is really much bigger than you, like more than 4 times bigger, usually it poses little threat, because it is too slow, and it won't risk splitting to eat such small enemy as you are.
d) so, the most immediate threat are blobs that are roughly 2.5-3 times larger than you.

2. Splitting is used not only as a quick attack. By splitting you are conserving same mass in total (if you are able to keep all the parts alive), but at the same time you move faster, and see farther, and also able to catch smaller blobs better as you fly around. Latter may be used to quickly eat a lot of food: split by two or even four parts and fly into large food deposits to quickly gather them all. Of course, this should not be done if there are larger blobs around.

3. It is possible to use the bigger blobs as your defense at the early stages. As I noted, blobs that are much bigger than you usually won't be interested in your small mass. Most often they are busy dealing with other giants. You may use this fact as advantage and hide in their orbit to run away from the bigger enemy.
But do not get in between two fighting blobs - they may decide to split-attack you to gather more mass and overpower their own enemy.

Mandle

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 12/09/2015 17:21:30
3. It is possible to use the bigger blobs as your defense at the early stages. As I noted, blobs that are much bigger than you usually won't be interested in your small mass. Most often they are busy dealing with other giants. You may use this fact as advantage and hide in their orbit to run away from the bigger enemy.
But do not get in between two fighting blobs - they may decide to split-attack you to gather more mass and overpower their own enemy.

This is one of the best balances of the game, and very hard to pull off as well as they have:

You can play the game in a way appropriate to your size...Nobody too big will bother you and everybody too small will get away from you anyways...

But there's always those corners and edges of course...

KodiakBehr

Weird.  I was just thinking..."Man, I haven't played agar.io in a few months, I think I'll load it now.  But first, let's see what's on the AGS forums..."

If you see some giant blobs on one of the NA servers named Gulpo, that's me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk