AdventureX 2015 - London - videos on pages 4 & 5

Started by , Mon 19/10/2015 05:10:06

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Great! Thought it would take me a couple more days but have managed to sort out the application form now. Pretty sure it's all working. (nod)

Whilst applications aren't on a "1st come 1st served" basis, there are a few additional questions on the form this year because we do still have limited spaces for all areas (due to the single track of events nature this time).

Follow the "apply" image on various pages for more info if you want to be an exhibitor, demonstrate a game, give a talk, be on a panel etc. If you contact me personally I will still ask you to fill out one of these forms so we have everything on record, thank youp!

http://www.adventurexpo.co.uk

Yeppoh

Booked flight, filled the application form, only the accomodation is left, and I'm good to come this year as well!

ddq

Flight and Mercure room booked. Hope to see everyone from last year and more!

cat

Flight is booked!

I have a suggestion for this year: Could we have name tags? Last year, there were several AGSer at AdventureX I didn't talk to, because I didn't know who they are. With name tags or just plain stickers, everyone could write their name and/or nickname on them and it is easy to recognize people. Even better would be blue cup stickers for AGS folks!

Peder 🚀

I don't think I'll ever make AdventureX... Why did you pick the most awkward time of the year to host these? :P

selmiak

@cat: Just craft some cool blue cup hats like you did with that finger puppets ;-D

Grim

This will be my third Adventure X ;) Really looking forward to it!!! :)

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

cat

@LimpingFish Awesome!

Quote from: selmiak on Thu 29/10/2015 20:53:24
@cat: Just craft some cool blue cup hats like you did with that finger puppets ;-D
Nah, I booked a flight without check-in-luggage, so no space for that ;)

Matt Frith

I can't believe it's the fifth year of AdventureX already. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!  I will be staying in a hotel close by this time instead of travelling from home (around 2 hours each way) so that will make a nice change.

m0ds

Haha, will try and sort out some stickers of some kind sure but a bit like everyone else, we're only turning up with a napsack too. Too many problems (such as can't park anywhere so can't bring a car full of stuff), costs & restrictions this year prevents us from really going all out and providing this that and the other.

Nice one Matt, see you there!

Chicky

Excited to return to AdventureX and see everyone, big well done on getting everything organized!

I think a name badge is definitely in order this time :-D

m0ds

Sorry the application form is down at the moment.

HAS ANYONE SEEN HAJO ;)

My emails have completely died, so no point emailing me at the mo either lol. There's a slim chance the site (and all my sites) may go down too cos that's what usually happens when emails become unaccessible and hajo can't be found/reached. It may be related to an email spam issue I've had lately, I have no idea at this point other than I can't send or receive and the built in emailers on the websites aren't working either.

I don't think I can deal with an entire move to a new host to solve these problems immediately, though that's probably entirely necessary for me to do as soon as I can - but will try and get an alternative application method up asap (wtf)

It's fixed for now, you can apply again ;) If you did so in the last couple of days and you haven't seen your game/name mentioned on the site you'll need to do it again please http://www.screen7.co.uk/adventurex/apply.html

JoelMayer

I'm gonna be there too, even though i'm not a frequent forum user but looking forward to meeting some of you :)

theSynapse

Don't worry - I'm not a proper forum member either, but I'm helping with the venue!

You won't be the only non-AGS Forum member there. Look forward to meeting you.

I'm Tom by the way. :grin:

JoelMayer

Thanks, looking forward as well :)

I'm a Visionaire Guy, i confess, but but... AGS still has the best Community and all i want is frieeeeends :~( :P:-D

cat

Actually, since this an adventure game event and not an AGS event, there are many people not from the forums. There is a nice mix of game makers, game players, journalist and other people just interested in adventure games.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

m0ds

Suggested "alternate" venue for Friday, Sat and Sun evening - we have pretty much reserved a space now but the place is large enough anyway so we may not even need to use it. Food served til 10pm. Note this pub only opens from midday: http://www.thenewcrosshouse.com/find-us

Other note for hotel folks in the deptford direction: It's probably a 20-30 min walk from the Mercure, if you get a bus from that direction be aware it will drop you off in Lewisham way (a 1 way system) by the Uni main entrance (West side of google map), and you'll need to walk up to the New Cross House (that takes all of 1 minute) otherwise you'll end up at New Cross Gate, which is only 5 mins walk away so not a huge problem but just so you know.

ddq

M0ds, Azure told me that you might want some assistance with the livestream. I'm bringing my laptop and would love to help run the stream.

Blount

Will we have another Adventure Game Trivia? Last year's was excellent!! ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk