What song are you listening to right now?

Started by The Fool, Mon 01/07/2013 19:44:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura Hunt

Quote from: dactylopus on Tue 27/08/2019 12:03:35
Super excited about the album.  Haven't heard anything aside from that song yet.  Sounds like a Tool song.  May wait to listen to the full album upon release, may not be able to...

My expectations were pretty low because I wasn't too fond of 10,000 Days to start with and I wasn't expecting them to come up with anything super exciting after a 13 year hiatus, but I have to say that I'm impressed! The album is an 80-minute monster with all tracks except for a crappy instrumental clocking in at over 10 minutes (plus some interludes that are missing from the leaked version), so I still have to listen to it a few more times for more things to stick, but I can definitely say I'm hooked. Well worth the wait! :)

milkanannan

Their sound is unmistakable. Yeah that new track is pretty cool. Glad to see Keenan is off his wine tangent. (kidding) (laugh)

I revisited Aenema a few months back. That's a really terrific album. I've always felt a connection with the title track, its range of emotions, and lyrics, which at one point are laugh out loud funny. If I remember correctly, the song is a full hate-fest on Los Angeles and references an urban legend where the tides rise and swallow all of South California, creating 'Arizona Bay':

"One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied
(whispering-->) Learn to swim, learn to swim, learn to swim"
(laugh)

Laura Hunt

Quote from: man n fist on Tue 27/08/2019 17:54:19
Their sound is unmistakable. Yeah that new track is pretty cool. Glad to see Keenan is off his wine tangent. (kidding) (laugh)

I revisited Aenema a few months back. That's a really terrific album. I've always felt a connection with the title track, its range of emotions, and lyrics, which at one point are laugh out loud funny. If I remember correctly, the song is a full hate-fest on Los Angeles and references an urban legend where the tides rise and swallow all of South California, creating 'Arizona Bay':

"One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied
(whispering-->) Learn to swim, learn to swim, learn to swim"
(laugh)

So good! I do miss Angry Maynard in this new album though :~(

(Danny Carey is almost 60! WTF! HOW!)

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

milkanannan

Gurok, also feeling it! Can't believe you found the full version! ( (laugh) (laugh))

milkanannan

Quote from: Jack on Tue 27/08/2019 19:04:13
(V●ᴥ●V)

You've got to embed these, mate. This old tune was great, but honestly I kind of lost the plot at 'the bull that gored my dad'. wtf  (laugh) Otherwise the relaxing vibe reminds me of Lawrence Welk, and that midcentury American big band sound:

Jack

WHAM

Good ol' Rammstein paid a visit to my city not long ago, and sparked some fresh interest in the band. We also had a retro LAN party with chiptune music, demoscene stuff etc.
Thus...

AUSLANDER!

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

milkanannan

Inca II menu theme music is terrific! Wish it were a longer track.

Laura Hunt

"Norman Fucking Rockwell!" is out today!

Unfortunately, not a single one of the other tracks I've listened to so far is as good as this one or "Venice Bitch", both of which are absolutely unfuckwithable, but overall it's a good album nonetheless. Maybe even my second favourite of hers, after Ultraviolence? Time will tell!

milkanannan

Nice one, Jack.

Ugh weekend where are you. :~( This little number is helping me get by.

milkanannan

milkanannan

I've always thought this video is cool looking.

milkanannan

Can't not love this song.  :~( (This is the beer talking I swear!)  (laugh)

milkanannan

Snarky

Didn't get a good night's sleep, need something to get me going today. I need some... voodoo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7R5UtMjIhQ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk