Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Gunma Riots?
Nagano Legends?
Gifu Stories?
 ;)

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Mon 26/09/2022 10:44:17Gunma Riots?
Nagano Legends?
Gifu Stories?
 ;)

Ohhhh, so close with that first one.

Mandle

It's based around the Japanese prefecture just under Gunma.

Snarky

Checking a map and then googling "saitama film" brings up a lot of hits relating to One Punch Man, an entity I am vaguely aware of from internet memes but that I have steadfastly refused to learn anything about. Is that it?

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 09/10/2022 15:15:02Checking a map and then googling "saitama film" brings up a lot of hits relating to One Punch Man, an entity I am vaguely aware of from internet memes but that I have steadfastly refused to learn anything about. Is that it?

No, but "Saitama" IS half the title in Japanese!

Mandle

Okay, nobody knows this one. Cat got the closest so over to her if she wants it.

It was "Tonde Saitama" or "Fly Me to the Saitama"... an excellent movie, especially for people who live in/near Saitama like me lol.

cat

I don't have anything, whoever wants my turn can take it.

Mandle

heltenjon

Mandle

Looks too traditionally handsome to be Malkovich to me, but that got me looking again and... could that be a young Mickey Rourke?

LimpingFish

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 20/10/2022 01:08:08Looks too traditionally handsome to be Malkovich to me, but that got me looking again and... could that be a young Mickey Rourke?

I highly doubt it. But don't quote me on that... :-\

Val....what is it, what's his face...Colin Firth...Valmont?
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Snarky

The woman looks like she might be Keira Knightley, so I'm going to guess (looking at IMDB... Man! She has done a lot of period dramas/romances) The Duchess.

TheFrighter

Not at all: wrong movies, wrong actors!

You can see him better here:

_

TheFrighter

Correct, Laura Hunt! An adaption of Angela Carter's novels!

In loving memory of Angela Lansbury.

_

Laura Hunt

Quote from: TheFrighter on Fri 21/10/2022 08:26:55Correct, Laura Hunt! An adaption of Angela Carter's novels!

It's actually an adaptation of a couple of her short stories :) To anybody who doesn't know her work, I absolutely recommend checking her out. The collection where these stories appear, The Bloody Chamber, is a great starting point, but my favourite by far is her novel Nights at the Circus. Her prose is just dazzling, especially towards the end of her career (The Bloody Chamber, Nights at the Circus, Wise Children, Black Venus).

So, on with the next film...

Snarky

The movie that comes to mind (for whatever reason; I must have seen a still from it that reminds me of the latest image) is that Australian historical revenge drama from a few years back...

Apparently it was called The Nightingale.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk