AGS Website Redesign

Started by Hobbes, Sat 29/05/2021 04:30:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Seems like the "NEW" icon on the left of the new topic, leads me to the last unread post on that thread... So that solves that problem for me.  :-D  I'll just have to get used to clicking on the left instead of the right.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AGA

cat

Thanks for all the work you put into the forum and page, AGA!

selmiak

what a nifty new design this is. Looks cool!

AGA

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 25/09/2022 12:49:48Couple of more things I've noticed...

The new forum requires embedded YouTube player links to be just the video ID inside of a [ youtube ] tag. This is (a) pretty inconvenient to input, (b) a baffling mystery to casual forum members, and (c) breaks old posts. I recall that the old forums at one point worked this way too, but it was changed. Is it possible to reapply the tweak?

So this seems to be caused by SMF 2.1's having some built-in support for YouTube, which clashes with the YouTube mod.  This is why there are two YouTube icons in the post formatting box.

I've posted in the YouTube mod's support thread, but no guarantee they'll add a workaround for this.  So for the time being at least we'll need to live with the IDs only option!  I can at least do some database magic to update all the YouTube tags to only use the IDs.

AGA

Quote from: AGA on Tue 27/09/2022 23:48:57I can at least do some database magic to update all the YouTube tags to only use the IDs.

This is done.  Seems to have worked fine.

AGA

Quote from: morganw on Sun 18/09/2022 16:06:55To download and build:
Code: ags
git clone -b ags https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/prism.git
cd prism
npm install && npm run build

@morganw seems to work?

Cassiebsg

Quote from: AGA on Mon 26/09/2022 19:44:00
Quote"New" icon on forums list.

What is there "TO DO" with this?  ???
It's working just fine. It leds me to the right last read post in a thread...
So I'm not sure why it's included in the "to do" list. What exactly are you planning to do with it?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AGA

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 01/10/2022 14:32:27So I'm not sure why it's included in the "to do" list. What exactly are you planning to do with it?

I want to also add the button to the main forums index so it'll take you to your latest unread post in the listed topics.

AGA

Quote from: cat on Thu 22/09/2022 10:16:00I got a pop-up that I have received a new private message and if I want to show it in a new window but no button to confirm. I could just close the message box.

This should be fixed now.

morganw

Quote from: AGA on Sat 01/10/2022 12:47:55@morganw seems to work?

It doesn't seem to work in the message previews. When I try the text is white with a dark shadow but there is no additional background, so it is pretty difficult to read.

I'm not sure what the old highlighter did for dialog scripts, but it will be a problem where the dialog matches a keyword. Here is an example: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?msg=636650183

I don't think it is possible to tell whether a script is a dialog script or not so that probabaly means people need to know how to set the language identifier.

code

@1
  Time = Time - 10;
You: So what do we have here?

code=ags

@1
  Time = Time - 10;

code=agsdialog

Code: agsdialog
@1
  Time = Time - 10;
^ this still doesn't look correct because the indented line should have effectively switched back to "ags" for the remainder of the line.

As a side note, it isn't looking very hopeful to get this merged into the upstream version of Prism because when I tried to write the required tests it seemed to indicate their testing system is broken: https://github.com/PrismJS/prism/issues/3559

cat

Quote from: AGA on Sat 01/10/2022 20:16:31
Quote from: cat on Thu 22/09/2022 10:16:00I got a pop-up that I have received a new private message and if I want to show it in a new window but no button to confirm. I could just close the message box.

This should be fixed now.

Not sure, maybe I'm just too stupid, but how should it work now?

AGA

Quote from: cat on Mon 03/10/2022 10:12:55Not sure, maybe I'm just too stupid, but how should it work now?

You should see:

You have received one or more new personal messages.
View them now (in a new window)?

AGA

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 19/09/2022 16:22:06I just experienced a problem. I can't post when I'm on a VPN. It gives me a CleanTalk error that I didn't save, but said something about being on a suspicious network. Given that I'm logged in to my account, this seems a bit strict.

I've gone through and whitelisted all the CleanTalk-blocked users I could find.  Please do let me know if anyone else mentions and issue though, and I'll add them to the list.

AGA

Quote from: Sinitrena on Tue 20/09/2022 11:23:31- Does the [ imgzoom ] code no longer work? Here it is in an old post:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/competitions-activities/background-blitz-dragons!-results/msg636634395/#msg636634395

imgzoom no longer works; the plugin that provided it has been deprecated.  However, now all img tags will automatically be added to an image gallery that allows zooming.  Click on any img-tagged image and it'll launch the gallery:

ThreeOhFour

Just popping in to say well done for the handsome site redesign, I do like this blue + orange combination! I had to double check my eyes when I first loaded the ol' forum up today after not stopping by for a little while!

Gilbert

Is it possible to retrieve the topic ID of a thread?
I have needs to link to topics in messages(most obviously the Hall of Fame thread, again), but the links in the address bar are now shown descriptively as the name of the threads, which make me hesitate to use them directly (as it's possible for the links to be broken when a thread is renamed or moved, right?).

In the past, the address bar shows "raw" links with topic IDs, which was perfect when you need to link to the topics from another message.

I'm not asking to change the forums to use the old behaviour, as it's fine for them to be more readable to most members. I just want to know if there is a way to know the IDs when needed.

Snarky

Quote from: AGA on Mon 03/10/2022 20:30:43I've gone through and whitelisted all the CleanTalk-blocked users I could find.  Please do let me know if anyone else mentions and issue though, and I'll add them to the list.

Thanks, it works behind VPN now!

Snarky

Just an FYI to other AGSers: if you had email notifications set up for PMs or threads you follow, they have not carried over to the new forums; you'll need to set that up again.

eri0o

Thanks for the notice @Snarky , I usually set these to my modules and stuff. Will set those again. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk