🏆 AGS Awards 2023 - Awards are over!

Started by cat, Mon 01/01/2024 10:49:32

Previous topic - Next topic

ThoSa

Hello, I have the same problem as edmundito on an intel Core i5 MAC!

RootBound

Hey, is it still possible to adjust the names on the character files I sent? The Bargaining Demon is from Super Author Simulator 2023 (not Mad Jack as it says currently) and the one that just says Rootbound is The Muse, also from Super Author Simulator. If it's too late, no big deal. Thanks for all your hard work to everyone for putting the client together and making the ceremony happen. :)
They/them. Here are some of my games:

Kastchey

It's too late now, but we will fix it for the next year :) Thanks!

(and sorry if I mixed them up!)

cat

@Kastchey @Dualnames The dropbox link isn't working for me:

QuoteLink temporarily disabled

This can happen when the link has been shared or downloaded too many times in a day.

Check again later and we'll open access to more people.

Can you provide a mirror?

The Last To Know

The same thing happened to me. I also reported it on the AGS discord.

Kastchey

Here's a mirror for the Windows client:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10MN9f9LED3e_NVbt_MiqCJas0N1AaxEQ/view?usp=sharing
Windows mirror 2:
https://we.tl/t-FvgTfgK19h

Mac mirror: https://easyupload.io/6nju4d

Linux mirror: https://easyupload.io/knaqsa

I will mirror the other versions as quickly as I can.

AbsurdumCodice

Hello everyone. Unfortunately I will not be able to arrive on time for the ceremony. I wish the best of luck to all the nominees!!

Kastchey

Quote from: AbsurdumCodice on Sat 23/03/2024 18:45:11Hello everyone. Unfortunately I will not be able to arrive on time for the ceremony. I wish the best of luck to all the nominees!!
Sorry to hear that! If that helps anything, you can join anytime you like, even late in the ceremony. You can also join via IRC, or watch the live stream. And if nothing of this works for you today, there will be a recording later so you can catch up :)

eri0o

(The date of the README is 2023 but today is 2024, the ceremony is for the games of 2023.)  :X

Kastchey

Linux mirror here: https://easyupload.io/knaqsa

Quote from: eri0o on Sat 23/03/2024 19:16:05(The date of the README is 2023 but today is 2024, the ceremony is for the games of 2023.)  :X
Yeah well, admittedly, it may be confusing  (roll)

cat

If you can't join using the client, you can join with any IRC client (but you will miss out the graphics, of course). This should also work from your phone etc.

host: irc.adventuregamestudio.co.uk
channel: #awards

cat

The ceremony will start in 30 minutes!

Rik_Vargard

I crashed and now the exe file doesn't work anymore?

cat

Here are the winners of the AGS Awards 2023

Best Game of the Year
Abscission

Best Freeware Game
Shards of God

Best Short Game
Trapped On The Balcony

Best Non-Adventure Game

Super Star Trek (1978) meets 25th Anniversary

Best Demo
An English Haunting DEMO

Best Audio

Abscission

Best Visuals
Shards of God

Best Writing

Stranger in Utopia

Best Programming
Dreams in the Witch House

Best Character
"Dr Noriko" from Barn Runner 5: The Forever Friday 5

Best Gameplay
Abscission

Lifetime Achievement
heltenjon
for keeping tirelessly playing all or nearly all games made by the AGS community, giving motivational, thoughtful, detailed, insightful comments, rating and reviewing games in the database, and being a prolific and thorough tester for many developers.

Best Innovation
Fernewelten
for being the main force behind the new script compiler for AGS 4.0, which does an extraordinary job of pushing AGS beyond past limitations.

MAGGIES
The Distant Door

Congratulations!

LimpingFish

Congrats to all the winners!  ;-D

And thanks, of course, to everybody who helped make the awards happen!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Rik_Vargard

A BIG congratulations to all the winners and nominees! It's absolutely well deserved, you brought us magic with your games, and also scenes, moments and characters I will never forget.

Just for me, your games (winners and nominated) gave me a lot of inspiration so thank you for that.

Also an EPIC thank you to all the people that put so much time and effort to make this ceremony an AMAZING experience and also a very funny one.
And also a very beautiful and emotional one, honoring those who, by just being who they were, made the AGS world such a more beautiful place to be.

What an evening.

Cheers!

Stupot

Congratulations to all the winners!

Sorry I couldn't attend, but I was able to catch the last few minutes on the Twitch stream. Looks like it was a decent turnout, which warms my heart.

Yanek_Crispbread

Congratulations to everyone, I still can't believe that Abscission won 3 categories, it's surreal. Thank you all for making the AGS community the great place that it is, if it hadn't been so welcoming and helpful then Abscission would never have been made. Special props to Atom Brain Games for Dreams in the Witch House, I was sure they were going to clean up and it would have been well deserved, it's a great game, so many good reviews of the game on Steam, I'm sure it will keep going.

I'll never forget last night (my back won't let me after I did a massive dance), thank you for everything xx
Correlation is not causation.

Sinitrena

Congratulations to all the winners and nominess. It always amazes me how many wonderful games we get to see each year.
Thank you to everyone involved in getting the ceremony going and the client working.
And a very special thank you for the two heartwarming speeches for our lost members.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk