Soo... what's the female count here?

Started by Meowster, Fri 04/07/2003 01:36:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Meowster

...(I'm female :) )

I just wondered how many females used these forums, so we could flock together and gossip and bitch... (yeah, I'm joking)... because I noticed that there seem to be more guys and most games are released... by guys. In fact, the only game I've played by a female at all included a "totally spies" style main character complete with an initial inventory of pink nail polish, a mobile, pink purse and some glue to fix her broken heels.

I'm still getting aquainted with people, so it'd be nice to know :)

Also, let's counter this pink stupidity and make a lesbian seagull game. Who's in for a lesbian seagull game? I have invented the main character, her name is Dolphin and she's strong. Her mother was an amazonian warrior. Seagull. And amazonian warrior-seagull. Her lesbian lover was killed in a tragic accident involving a cat and some teeth. Dolphin sets out to avenge her lovers death, armed only with her sexuality and also some wings, and this thing the RSPCA clipped around her neck. Speaking of which, she's also being hunted by the RSPCA, who want to investigate her sexuality mercilessly. With other bigger, LESBIANERER seagulls, and also a Gay Hawk.

Who's with me?

Squinky

I'm all for lesbians...as long as they're hot...

luckyguy

A single male trapped on a planet where the only gender is female and the only form of communication is sex ;D

TerranRich

That's basically almost like m0ds's game, Kinky Island. :P

But seriously, as far as I know, there are a handful of ladies at the least, including FemmeFatal, Melia/Bruised, Dragonrose, Pesty. Even on the AGS forums, just like in life, I'm not acquainted with many females. :P

Squinky

* Squinky can't stop thinking about lesbians....

* Squinky thinks about them dressed up as nurses....

Baaahh1!!!!

Pesty

Quote from: terranRICH on Fri 04/07/2003 04:47:40
That's basically almost like m0ds's game, Kinky Island. :P

But seriously, as far as I know, there are a handful of ladies at the least, including FemmeFatal, Melia/Bruised, Dragonrose, Pesty. Even on the AGS forums, just like in life, I'm not acquainted with many females. :P

There's also Amaranth, Snugglecakes (The female Squinky) and Swordmaster, but they don't post as often as the ones you named. Also, you forgot the most important gal here (besides me), Annie/OTG.

And wasn't Mom's Quest made by a female?
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Gilbert

Yes, Mom's Quest was made by Blub, but I don't see her hanging around here recently. And we have VolMel, she even kindly donated some money to keep the old Ezboard going, I think you can spot her in these forums occasionally, just not that frequently.

And of course, we have M0Ds ;D

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Quote from: Pestilence on Fri 04/07/2003 07:01:50

Also, you forgot the most important gal here (besides me), Annie/OTG.

Yeah, forgetting to put the alpha female on the list is really not good.  ;)

edmundito

The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Gemmalah

ok thats cool, i'm female too,

lesbiens are cool, they ain't allowed bigger tits than me on pricible, cos i said so, and no i'm not going to discuss that further.

tell me why does a game starring a girl have to have pink nail polish and high heels in it. thats just stupid, making us sound like barbie obssessed wannabies. I'd have a girl indiana jones,
indiana jane?
Dragon Slayers demo finally finishedGet it here!

SSH

Squinky: surely it's pointless thinking about lesbians because by definition they wouldn't be interested in you. What you mean is bisexuals...

Anyway, everyone knows that all the females on this forum are actually dirty old men pretending to be teenage girls in order to seduce impressionable teenage boys at Mittens...  ;D

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Well,
you forgot Coffee Lady, she doesn't show up often.  I like the idea about the seagul, though it does sound very weird (hmmm, could the idea be drug induced? :S ) I've seen some games made by females and they are very, very good. Some AGS plug-ins are made by females (well, only Erica makes plug-ins).
The reason that there aren't many females making games or doing anything that has to do with computers is because they are turned off by the image of a spotty teenager with braces spending all his life in his room coding and they don't want to be like that! Some of the people I know are like that  :(, but they don't code, they just play games all the time. One of them brings his laptop to school and plays games during lunch and tea breaks. He has a bad case of acne and dandruff, picture this - you never worked seriously with computers and then you see a guy doing something on his laptop all the time (it doesn't matter what he does) and he has acne all over his face and arms and he's ugly. How would you feel about computers after that? Females  tend to care about their physical well-being more than males so they are more easily turned off computers. Some are lucky and have people who work with computers in their family and see that it's not really like that but most are not familiar with anyone who works with computers and never touch them for the fear that they will turn into a pimply beast that sits in a dark room all day wasting the best years of their life.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

SSH

Quote from: Femme Fatale on Fri 04/07/2003 12:22:32
... Some are lucky and have people who work with computers in their family and see that it's not really like that ...

as someone who works with computers, I have to say that most of my colleagues are like that. I, on the other hand, am a handsome stud-muffin.

luckyguy

Interesting post, Sasha (privet! kak dela? 8)). However, I'd imagine there are some people that go into working with computers because they're "ugly" in the first place, so that they don't have to do a lot of social work. Although working with computers doesn't mean no social work, it all depends on how you choose to go about it. But then there are plenty of other jobs that aren't computer related that "ugly" people take. I've seen plenty of such "ugly" people in accounting, for example.

And then you have your opposite type that are into sports but are dumb as a stump. Sure, a lot of them are healthy but a lot of them also sleep around and make a bunch of babies that they can't or don't want to support.

Suffice it to say that both parties tend to bash each other. While the real deal is BALANCE! If you balance everything out then you can have time for computers, sports, and social life 8)

m0ds

"This is great! Now go to your room and finish it." - The Ewok Queen

Not sure who that was/is now, but I remember her being female.

Oh, was it Volmel that donated like 100 pounds to the community chest when we were on EZboard?

Oh, and if you're looking for lesbians, I suggest you bypass the UK. 99% of them look like men.

No offence to any UK lesbians browsing here, but you know I'm right. :P

And to clear up the rumours, yes - I'm female too.

m0ds

* m0ds drinks a pint of Stella

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Quote from: Gemmalah on Fri 04/07/2003 09:20:09
tell me why does a game starring a girl have to have pink nail polish and high heels in it. thats just stupid, making us sound like barbie obssessed wannabies. I'd have a girl indiana jones,
indiana jane?

QuoteIn fact, the only game I've played by a female at all included a "totally spies" style main character complete with an initial inventory of pink nail polish, a mobile, pink purse and some glue to fix her broken heels.

Why? What exactly is wrong with pink nail polish? Or pink for that matter? Why do you feel the need to dislike colours that are associated with women? For more pink <> dumb proof, tune in to the powerpuff girls. :P

Who cares what colour the character wears or carries? If its a well done character, it will go beyond that.

This is obviously a rant, and a disorganized one at that, but I'm kinda tired of women apologizing for being women or doing things that women traditionally do. Equal is not identical, and it need not be.

luckyguy

Man, I'm never going to UK then! Well, except maybe to visit the Kinky Island and CJ's house (or is it one and the same?) ;D :P

m0ds

Quote from: Gemmalah on Fri 04/07/2003 09:20:09
indiana jane?

To be honest, I'd much rather go out with an Indiana Jane kind of girl but in this day and age, you don't find them. They exist in movies but after the age of 14, girls seem to lose interest in climbing trees and generally being adventurous. Going "sailing" or "rock climbing" isn't my idea of an Indiana Jane, thats just someone that likes sport. The same with ladies/girls that like "XTREME SPORTS!!!!11" like skateboarding, snowboarding etc - they're into sport. They're not adventurous.

luckyguy - CJ's house is as kinky as it gets. Or so AGA told me! He came back bruised. ;)

luckyguy

:o Oh, goody goody! Let's all have an AGS S&M/bondage meeting and spank the crap out of each other! ;D jk

Hmm, AGA must've thought that AGS was for some sorta adventure game making but in reality it stands for "Applied Gruesome Spanking" ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk