Game in Development Screenshots (c&c)

Started by Corby, Sat 29/11/2003 04:10:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Corby

Corby

How do you make the pics load automatically in the thread? I've never figured this out...

TheYak

It looks amazing!  I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped.  It looks very much Quest for Glory I-inspired.

Since this is supposed to have some constructive criticism, some comments:  

You'll have to have a very detailed character that matches the style.  Anything looking like a typical low-res sprite will stick out like a sore thumb.  

I'd love to see some buildings and/or characters against these sorts of backdrops.  Don't mess up these backgrounds, of course, just curious if more can be done in a fitting style.  

My only art-related critique is that after looking at the rocks for awhile, I found the sketch-lines disturbing.  It would be nice if these could either be smoothed out or replaced with a rock-like texture.  The best example is probably the Corby-9 picture.  In the center is obviously a rock-pile but it rather resembles a cluster of raisins.  My eyes also try to make me think that the darker lines on the rocks are overhead forest shadows.  If I stare at it too long, some of the gray rocks begin to resemble brains (mm....braaaainnnzz).  Of course, this is just a matter of personal taste.

[edit: Ah, another post!  You can edit your posts, rather than posting again immediately afterwards]  The answer to your question, use the [ img] tag rather than [url] tag.  For images this size and 3 of 'em, I think it's nice to have the URL instead.

<Edit, again: checked out the site.  So, it looks to be QFG4-inspired?  Again, great work.  The forest pictures are nearly perfect.  If you want some possibly-helpful c&C, I would post links to the pics w/ buildings.  Those have an thing or two people here might like to address.  The landscape stuff is 95% perfect, IMO.>

Tarantula

Looking really nice!

You can post images in a thread by using the "img" tag. Check out http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/YaBBHelp/posting.html for details on how to use it.

EDIT: Ah, looks like Yakspit was faster than me :)

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Looks great Corby. Usually I don't like backgrounds with a lot of textures or patterns but in these backgrounds they don't overwhelm the actual art.

13 is my favorite, but they're all great. :)

Corby

Thanks for all the advice! There's more art at Project Katrina at http://pk.8m.net/ in the media preview section. This includes some buildings! :)
Oh BTW, the game will most likely be scaled down to 320x240 to match a low-res sprite!

Darth Mandarb

These look really good!

Can't wait to see this in action!

Keep it up (and welcome to the forums!!)

]).]v[.

PureGhostGR

Wow! Amazing work..  :)

Everything looks really well placed and carefully drawn.

Katrina is an great character to work with and the backgrounds fit perfectly to the theme of QfG series.

Top work! :)

Igor

Those look superb :)
As OTG mentioned- they are detailed, but not overwhelmingly detailed. Great job!

Corby

Here's a little unofficial game pic:

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/prokatrina.jpg

I'll stop uploading so may pics now!  :)
Thanks for the comments again!!

Vel

Holy Maccarel! :o :o :o :o
That's really magnifficent! What more need I say?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk