Sea Monster X

Started by helpessfool, Wed 14/06/2017 17:53:47

Previous topic - Next topic

helpessfool

Greetings, AGS!

I finally finished Sea Monster X, an old school adventure game and my second stab at a video game: DOWNLOAD HERE

It's free, at least. I'm not sure if it's a ton of fun to play, but it's not something I'm embarrassed of having made. I think it was a respectable effort for a single person. Hopefully it'll feel like more than one person worked on it.

A little advertising spiel from the game page:

But why... why did we care so much about Sea Monster X? Anybody that played the demo that was released in select Regina, Saskatchewan bars back in the 1980s can tell you why: It's a funny, one-of-a-kind game with an endearing story. The graphics were truly unparalleled for the time period, a forerunner to the popular pixel art style employed in many modern games. And the soundtrack - now remastered in glorious HD -  is a real toe-tapper.

What are you waiting for? It's free... unless you want to pay for it. Experience a supernatural beach town and find out what you're made of. Interact with dolphins and discover buried treasure.

Cassiebsg

Hey :)

Congrats on the release! (nod)
Do you have a zip package? I don't want an installer, thanks. (wrong)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

helpessfool

The install file is in a .zip now. Were you worried I was distributing a virus? :=

Who... me? (laugh)

Cassiebsg

Thanks, no, not worried about a virus, I just don't like installers. (roll)
You can always provide both, the installer for those that like it and the zip for those that prefer a zip package. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Kitty Trouble

Right, not all people want installers for a simple AGS game, easier to just zip and extract, but you can provide both.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54920.new#new

I started a hint thread. Can you help me out? I don't get it.

helpessfool

Quote from: Morgan LeFlay on Thu 15/06/2017 10:11:22
Right, not all people want installers for a simple AGS game, easier to just zip and extract, but you can provide both.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54920.new#new

I started a hint thread. Can you help me out? I don't get it.

OK, I posted in the hint thread. I did make that part of the game a little too confusing. I hopefully fixed it with a quick update.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk