March MAGS

Started by magintz, Mon 01/03/2004 21:09:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Magintz at school

Also, not linking to the vote things!

Gregjazz

My email is not geoffkhan@hotmail.com, it's now geoffkhan@mail2jazz.com. (for the past year now)

I thought I made the announcement...

Klaus

Quote from: Geoffkhan on Mon 29/03/2004 23:19:45
My email is not geoffkhan@hotmail.com
Sorry, I took this address from your website at http://herculeaneffort.adventuredevelopers.com/
On the mags site it's fixed now. Thanks for the information.

Gregjazz

Ooh. I'll have to check into that. Maybe I give out wrong email address.

Do you remember where on the site you got it?

Dorcan

Maybe from there
Quote7.10.03 - The Herculean Effort Productions site is born[...]
We value your feedback, and you can contact us by email at geoffkhan@hotmail.com or you can post a comment on the forum.[...]

Klaus

Quote from: Dorcan on Tue 30/03/2004 23:14:55
7.10.03 - The Herculean Effort Productions site is born[...]
We value your feedback, and you can contact us by email at geoffkhan@hotmail.com or you can post a comment on the forum.[...]
Right, that's it. Nearly at the bottom of your intro page. Oh and I found your new address there too now. But it's no link like the other one so I didn't see it at my first quick search. Sorry.

Mats Berglinn

Hey, shouldn't the winner be announced? It's 1 April already, so the new rules should have been appeared by now.

Nixxon

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Thu 01/04/2004 15:20:19
Hey, shouldn't the winner be announced? It's 1 April already, so the new rules should have been appeared by now.

Bloody well put ol' chap

Nixxon

C'mon what's going on? i've been checking this thread 5 times a day for the last 4 days. I'm really eager to enter this month.
*cracks whip*

rtf

Yeah, me too!

Come on, everybody, pick up the pace!
I fail at art.

Gregjazz

Excuse me, but the judges are having a hard time deciding. Wait a minute. Judges? I thought the winner was decided by purely voting.

Nixxon

winner should have been announced 3-4 days ago, enough time to write the next months rules and have them sent to Klaus, confimed and posted etc.

Klaus

Hmmm... Usually Magintz announces the winner at the end of the month but as he didn't yet post and you all are sooo excited I'll do it this time:

Actually it was a very close voting and I think that's also one reason why Magintz didn't want to present a winner too early. Let's go one step further... The winner is a game about Good and Evil. Oh, that fits all these games - more or less.

Right, but in this case it can be taken by word: The winner is "Evil Enterprises" by Geoffkhan. My congratulations for this nice talky game, but also respect to all other entrants, the votes were really close.

Geoffkhan: For the new rules please send a PM to Magintz and best a copy to me, so if Magintz won't be able to check your ideas I'll do it and then start the new thread as soon as possible. Seems as if you all want to enter in April :)

mätzyboy

Congrats Geoffkhan! Well deserved victory!

Nixxon

way to go Geoffkhan, very worthy of the march mags cup :P

Ginny

Good job Geoff! I loved you game! Small things like great story, puzzles, art, dialogs and voice acting (not to mention MUSIC!!1)... ;) I'm practically drooling for the April rules!!! Or maybe I ate too much salt..
Nope, it's the rules alright! I trust you to make them good, or else... :D
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Gregjazz

Wow, cool! I am so happy!

Okay, I'm going to come up with some rules (good ones, hopefully) and get them out as fast as possible, so you guys don't have to wait any longer (it's already a few days into April).

rtf

Make them really easy.  I don't like animation.  :P
I fail at art.

Nixxon

bah plenty of animations! :P
No colour/res restrictions, or i will hurt you  ;)

Ginny

Animation would be a great challenge for me. Funny how eager I am aout animation, and how I always imagine plenty of it in my designs, but the only animations I've made are a walking and talking animation of a skull (walking being jumping up and down a few pixels..)
I guess it's because I'm more fond of small background animations and extra animations for objects, and walkcycles really stump me. Bah, characters are tough.

Anyway, I'm in a game making mood this month (holidays) so wheee! :P
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk