AGS SoundChallenge - 16 till 23 March

Started by Minimi, Tue 16/03/2004 11:40:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimi

Welcome to the AGS Soundchallenge! Make some noise, it's your choice!

The AGS Soundchallenge is a weekly competition, where everyone can enter the competition, by recording a *.wav, or *.mp3, or *.ogg file under the restrictions of the week.
Every entry will be kept in a database, of sounds.

Soundchallenge rules :

- You record your own sound, in a *.wav, or *.mp3, or *.ogg file, that is the maximum size of 200KB
- The entry is restricted under the weekly rules
- Try to keep the file size as low as possible
- The winner of the weekly challenge, will be chosen by the winner of the week before.
- The prize of the winner, is that he/she will set the rules for the next SoundChallenge!
- When you enter the competition and post in this thread, then post also the title of the soundfile. Make it recognizeable for others, that download it.
- The winner includes this information above into their next SoundChallenge thread!

RULES OF THIS WEEK : MouthSounds
im not making the rules too difficult the first time, so I expect alot of entry's. Use your imagination, because that's what I like to see ;)
*Create a soundfile made with your own mouth, and microphone. (for example, a dog barking, waterdrups, a fart)
*Maximum length : 5 seconds

My Examples : You Lose, Dog Wraff, Sneeze

Have fun recording!

mätzyboy

Wav files are so big in filesize. Is mp3 allowed? Would make more people able to download more entries for listening in shorter time/ with less bandwidth etc.

Timosity

This comp seems like a pretty good idea, I can't believe it hasn't been around for ages.

here's a very small one (10k) not too inventive, but works well for when you score points in a game, get hit on the head, or whatever else you feel, quite a versitile sound.points

Minimi

Timosity : Nice and easy one! It sounds good, and short :)

I hope to see more entry's!
I have recorded myself some sounds, as an example, and added them to the first post of this thread.

Czar

Minimi, i seem to have trouble downloading your files...
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Minimi

Quote from: Czar on Wed 17/03/2004 16:11:38
Minimi, i seem to have trouble downloading your files...
I misspelled the url... It was a "S" instead of "s" :p
It should work now!

Timosity

I was just doing a bit of experimenting in Audacity, so I edited one of your sounds, I hope you don't mind, I think I got your voice sounding similar to a trombone.

anyway here's what happened You loser

Here's another test, what did I say?

The answer

And now I'm just getting silly, AGSamp

If you've heard the sample winamp startup message, here's an edit.

for those that don't know, it says this
"Wimamp.... It really whips the llamas ass"

note: It was late so I had to whisper into mic

Inkoddi

Czar

lil horny alarm
and
a lil edit on that
edit alarm

It just your run on the mill submarine alarm...
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Czar

Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Minimi

Ok, the first AGS Soundchallenge is over. All the entry's will be put into a database of sounds for AGS. Thank you all for your participation!

Timosity : nice sound and good edits!

Inkoddi : That's just one awesome mighty burp!

czar : It's teh funny! sound, though not very realistic.

and the winner is..... Inkoddi!!

Inkoddi, your burp was absolutely greatly recorded and i.m.o. the best to use in a game. You can start a new thread with new rules!

be sure to include this :

The AGS Soundchallenge is a weekly competition, where everyone can enter the competition, by recording a *.wav, or *.mp3, or *.ogg file under the restrictions of the week.
Every entry will be kept in a database, of sounds.

Soundchallenge rules :

- You record your own sound, in a *.wav, or *.mp3, or *.ogg file, that is the maximum size of 200KB
- The entry is restricted under the weekly rules
- Try to keep the file size as low as possible
- The winner of the weekly challenge, will be chosen by the winner of the week before.
- The prize of the winner, is that he/she will set the rules for the next SoundChallenge!
- When you enter the competition and post in this thread, then post also the title of the soundfile. Make it recognizeable for others, that download it.
- The winner includes this information above into their next SoundChallenge thread!

Inkoddi

Whoa! Didn't expect this...

anyway, YEY!!!  ;D

I'll think of something and start the next one...  :D

Czar

Congratualationtus teh Inkoddi.  :D
So, the legacy continues to a shape.
Anyway, so the Thread starter decides who wins? he he [hint]
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Minimi

yes, the winner of the previous Soundchallenge, decides the winner. I am busy creating a website for the database of all soundfiles, and indications of wich sound won.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk