Apprentice II: The Knight's Move

Started by Gregjazz, Thu 29/07/2004 08:16:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregjazz

That's right, folks, those hearing aids aren't on the blink after all. The second installment in the Apprentice trilogy is now available for public download!

Check out the game entry here:

http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=detail&id=435

Or our official website at:

http://herculeaneffort.adventuredevelopers.com

NOTE: Game includes several original jokes.

jaz

Is it? Really??? Woohoo!!!

Downloading now!

Mats Berglinn

Finally! Oh, I can't wait to play it! I'm going to download it right now.

The Last To Know

I'm downloading it now! I can't believe it! :)

auhsor

Oh yeah, oh yeah!!! I was just reading a thread at Adventure Gamers that said that the game was almost finished. I never knew it would be this soon...

* auhsor goes off to play it

Inkoddi

Weeeee!! Good job!

but... it crashed when...
Spoiler
...i was doing Navy Joe's pocket game and the game crashed after playing a while...
[close]

i got this message:

(Room 4 script line 192)
Error: GetObjectY: invalid object number

The Last To Know

This is a very good game as far as I can tell by now...

Spoiler
Strange, I played the pocket game about 30-40 times until I finally understood how it works, but it never crashed...
[close]

Bob The Hun

Yay, it's finished!
I'd download it now, but it would probably be faster to wait for tommorow and download it on broadband than to download it on a 28k modem tonight..
I can't wait! I've been anxious to play this game since I saw the trailer!

nickeedoo

This looks very good. Some people are SO talented. Downloading now and waiting patiently. 36% ...  37% ...  8)

Barbarian

Just d-loaded it and played it for about 10 minutes... and Wow!  It's a really professional looking game from what I've seen so far.
Once I get a chance to play through it some more, I'll probably give some more feedback.  Great job!

*Salutes*
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

SpacePirateCaine

Just as amazing as I'm sure we all anticipated, however I have also run into the same problem with Navy Joe's pocket puzzle. Now and then, while clicking about, the magic wand cursor loses it's yellow aura. When this happens, clicking seems to cause the game to crash, and display the error message that Inkoddi mentioned earlier. Waiting a moment allows the game to catch up and play whatever animation will play, but if you're impatient, or don't notice the loss of aura, the game crashes out. Saving before I started probably would've been a good idea.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Mephistophilis

Damn! I can't download some thing that big.  :'(
Sign Here           Mephistophilis

Ginny

:o Woohooo! I was just informed of this on IRC.
Downloading, more feedback to come...
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Al_Ninio

Vel

I played it only a bit, but it seems great so far, great job guys!

And I would like to salute you for finishing such an ambitious project in such a short time. Thumbs up!

mätzyboy

Excellent! I'll download tomorrow when i'm back at my own place!

Fabiano

jaja! very good indeed!
nice job!!!!
(shuts himself in the pc room with 5 large pizzas and 6 pack of light pepsi)
Yeah, yeah, It happens. A lot.

Chicky

been waiting for this for quite a while :) 10% ...

ps, welcome back ginny :)

Zootyfruit Unplugged

GREAT game so far but I'm stuck
Spoiler
I can't work out the pocket game and i can't find a cog anywhere. hope someone can help.
[close]

Ginny

Thanks OSC :)

I'm a bit stuck, but I'd rather not get hints until I'm desperate. Absolutely amazing game, and very inspiring. Are you planning on adding voiceacting (good voiceacting that is ;))?

A small thing I noticed: In Pib's bedroom, even though there is no dolphin figurine (I wonder why :D ;)), the game acts as if there is. A little voice in my head is telling me it's intentional, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
And, the crashing thing happened to me too.
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk