roomedit.clb

Started by NeedingHelp, Tue 03/08/2004 22:53:59

Previous topic - Next topic

NeedingHelp

Whenever I try to start of AGS, it says "ROOMEDIT.CLB could not be loaded. It must be in the same folder as this program to run. Also make sure you have the right version."
Well, roomedit.clb is in the same WinZip folder, and I downloaded all three versions and it still comes up with the same thing! I have Windows98.
So, could someone please help me? How do I get AGS started? I couldn't find anything about roomedit.clb in the Knowledge Base or FAQ, so someone just tell me.

Akumayo

Umm......Try unziping the folder
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

Scummbuddy

no, he has unzipped the folder. he is just not clicking on the right icon to start ags, i believe. im away from my main comp, so i cant tell you the full name and extension, but it should be roomedit.  just click on the other icons and see what you get.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

NeedingHelp

^_^ Okay, I got it working. Goodbye, people!

Alpha

I seem to have the same problem, and if I try to launch the roomedit program, it comes up with that message saying it needs to know what program created it and asks if I want to look for the program on the internet or slect the program from a list. I've come across this message multiple times now and know that neither choices really help at all. How do I get the program onto agsedit without opening the program? Thanks.

Scummbuddy

Don't use that file. click on the application "agsedit"

I believe it was renamed from roomedit recently to agsedit to try to help avoid confusion.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

strazer

Also, if you try to use a beta version, note that only files modified from the the latest stable version are included. So you have to exteact AGS v2.71 Beta over an existing AGS v2.7.

Alpha

Scummbuddy, I am not opening roomedit, it's just that when I open AGSedit, it immediatly tells me that the program requires roomedit, and ,well, I dunno how to do that. Also, if roomedit is a different program, why would it need that program? Sorry, I'm very confused.

strazer

roomedit.clb is part of AGS, a file that it requires, and it is included in the full distribution.

Are you running agsedit.exe from inside the zip file? You have to extract ALL files from the zip before you can run AGS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk