Intro Comic...

Started by Cluey, Fri 24/12/2004 18:50:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Cluey

Ok, I know the second cell SUCKS ASS.  So don't crit it.  Just the rest..

Aramore
My webcomic.

viktor

It has wery little detail. Like the first and fifth cell. The buildings look a bit to dark. Aren't they in the middle of a city. The city is supose to be bright.
But other than that I thinks its nice  :D
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Developer

I love the style.  8)

HillBilly

Maybe add some windows to the buildings?

Indie Boy

I like your style but the fading on the 3rd&4th cells are strikey compared to the restl. And I like your 2nd cell but you can't have 1 amazing cell with great shadows and colour because it makes the others look made by someone else. And the longer side of the tie looks too straight on his body. Anyway very nice!
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

Babar

I know it is a minor thing, and it may just be me personally who finds it strange, but why is "crap" in a star? It is like something exploded and went "CRAP" instead of "BAM!"
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

viktor

Quote from: Babar on Sun 26/12/2004 18:33:17
I know it is a minor thing, and it may just be me personally who finds it strange, but why is "crap" in a star? It is like something exploded and went "CRAP" instead of "BAM!"

the star represents the screem. He was so freaked out that he has to use the stairs.
I'm surprised that that wasn't obvious.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

loominous

I like it, except the lighting, or what is commonly referred to as "shading".

In all views the lightsource is coming from the camera. There is nothing inherently wrong with this, but it can cripple the scenes quite much.

Some cons with it:

* Creates an often uninteresting look, the same kind you get in photos, taken with a camera with a flash mounted on it.

* Makes the objects less three dimensional.

* Especially when going for a detective/noirish style, the shadows plays a hugh role. By having the lightsource and camera at the same angle you efficiently kill most of them. A common thing is to have a single lightsource from above, leaving most of the face and body in shadow for a dramatic effect.

Judging by the drawings, I'd guess that the choosing of lightsources havn't really been an active decision.  A common thing is to simply "shade" the edges of an object. While this creates a more realistic look than no shadows at all, it pretty much always results in a bogus look, since the shape of the object isn't considered.
Looking for a writer

Cluey

Quote from: loominous on Sun 26/12/2004 21:48:26
I like it, except the lighting, or what is commonly referred to as "shading".

In all views the lightsource is coming from the camera. There is nothing inherently wrong with this, but it can cripple the scenes quite much.

Some cons with it:

* Creates an often uninteresting look, the same kind you get in photos, taken with a camera with a flash mounted on it.

* Makes the objects less three dimensional.

* Especially when going for a detective/noirish style, the shadows plays a hugh role. By having the lightsource and camera at the same angle you efficiently kill most of them. A common thing is to have a single lightsource from above, leaving most of the face and body in shadow for a dramatic effect.

Judging by the drawings, I'd guess that the choosing of lightsources havn't really been an active decision.  A common thing is to simply "shade" the edges of an object. While this creates a more realistic look than no shadows at all, it pretty much always results in a bogus look, since the shape of the object isn't considered.
Gee, you sound like my art Teacher, who's usually always right.  So I'll try those lighting ideas.
I have trouble doing the close up of the eye, as I usually draw Anime style, and it usually ends up looking out of place...
Aramore
My webcomic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk