Melvin: the Reluctant Demon (working title) - almost finished

Started by Wogoat, Wed 22/12/2004 18:11:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Wogoat

Yeah, I don't much care for the title. but regardless:

This is a short game staring a minor character from my long defunct webcomic...

Melvin is a demon who collects souls for hell, unfortunatley the deadline for turning in souls is one day away and all of the souls he's collected have gone missing!  Only you can help him find the missing souls in this light-hearted adventure as you travel through seven rooms and talk to four different characters.  All hand-drawn in sketchy pencil scratches.

I've almost completed production of this game, the programming is all finished I just need to bug fix it and animate the characters. (right now they're all still pictures)
Although if anyone is interested in beta-testing the current build, send me a message.

and here are the pre-requisite screen shots, and yes the final game will have the same pencil drawn look.

http://www.mtco.com/~wogoat/lazy/woah/game/melvin1.gif
http://www.mtco.com/~wogoat/lazy/woah/game/melvin2.gif

Matt
------------------------------------
It's Gravy!

Darth Mandarb

I really like the style ... it's a neat change!

The plot sounds pretty fun and interesting as well.

Have you thought about extending it?Ã,  Making it a little longer than 7 rooms?Ã,  I'm just asking because it sounds like a potentially good plot/story to make into a longer game!

It reminds me of the showtime show 'Dead Like Me' but different enough that it's not the same!Ã,  I really like that show so this game appeals to me!

Keep upÃ,  the good work!

Wogoat

I've actually considered making it into a series of short games, but we'll see.
The main reason I needed to make it a short game is that I have a HORRIBLE track record of starting games and just never finishing them.

This is the first one I've made that's at least finished to the point where it's playable, it's just hardly polished.  And there's no animation, so a couple things don't make sense without it.  So hopefully this will be done very soon.
------------------------------------
It's Gravy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk