Elless L3 (new trailer)

Started by Timosity, Thu 02/10/2003 21:29:29

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottDoom

I think it was meant to be fast, so the game wasn't spoiled.

Timosity

Yeah, ScottDoom was right, but it was also to fit a lot in and keep the file size down.

Ghormak

*watches trailer*

Do I smell an award for best scripting?
Achtung Franz! The comic

wintermute74

Hey, really great, after Larry 2 another remake.
I guess after this is finished, all the parts of the series should be completable with mouse!?

Your trailer really looks promising! (Are you making the default resolution 320x200 or 640x400?)

A few critical comments from me (You knew, this had to come, don't you?  ;D ;) )
QuoteAlso note that most of the time when a word ends with 'IZE', I've changed it to 'ISE', both are correct depending on which country you are from, and I prefer 'ISE'
Actually, I think that the "IZE" pronounciation is the original one from Sierra, and as you said yourself it is no typo but depends on the actual region. I myself would often prefer the "ISE" version, but I still think you should leave it the way it is, because this is the american version of spelling and the whole language of the game (word usage for example) is American.
By the way, I am NOT a US American myself, my mother language isn't even English! (I think native speakers already guessed that from my writing.)

QuoteThe story is the same, but you can't die and there are no walking deads.
Maybe I am the only one, but I would prefer that you would keep the death scenes in the game. I can see why you removed them. Some of the scenes (especially the arcade log scene with Patty) could be really annoying, but some of them were pretty funny and were part of the "Larry feeling".
Maybe if you really want to make a death-free Larry 3, you can make two versions of the game, one with the death scenes and one without.
For a version with death scenes you could make it like Sierra did with their remakes, that you can bypass the arcade scenes withouth getting the associated points.
By the way, in your demo video you can see a death scene with Patty falling down the water fall. Was this just a test or did you include it?

And last but not least, do you still need beta testers?  :)

Timosity

wintermute74, I appreciate your comments,

As far as ISE, IZE, I'm not sure if you're aware, but I've been making it with screens flipped horizontally (mainly just because I thought one day, "wonder what a game looks like opposite") and It just changes your perspective of the game slightly. And along those lines, I've change some spelling and a few other subtle things, (and quite specifically) to the way I prefer rather than the normally just accepted American way (with no offence intended to any Americans, or for that matter anyone)

As far as the Death scenes go, they do actually still exist and have all the animations dialog etc, the only difference is..... (you'll just have to wait)

"Walking deads", well as far as I'm concerned, that's one improvement I've made (although there are only 2 in the original [although a couple are within a specific one] There is also an extra cutscene because of one, (if you make that mistake)

To be completely honest, I'm not really making this for any other reason than it was one of the first Sierra games I ever played, when it was released in 1989, I was age 13 in year 8 at high school, SQ3 is another around that time. But my point being, this is just a game I started to do a few scenes, then decided to complete.

The ways I've done things is all experimental, but still keeping it as close as possible to the original. It's an experimaent to see if I can translate an SCI game with text parser into AGS.

I'm not bothered by comments or criticisms about the game play, it's more about the bugs.

It's more to get my programming skills in AGS to a standard where I can feel confident to make my own original game with less hassels.

It's quite selfish, but I've done it all for myself, not really regarding any outside thoughts, releasing it will only be a privilege to the few who bother to download it.

I'm not looking for any type of status after releasing, I'll just feel I completed a challenge I gave myself, and nothing more.

And I'd be very happy for you to Beta test when I've completed, you can either leave your email here or send it to me via an Instant Message and I'll get back to you at the appropriate time.

Thanks

~Tim

wintermute74

Quote from: Timosity on Fri 12/03/2004 15:43:36
As far as ISE, IZE, I'm not sure if you're aware, but I've been making it with screens flipped horizontally
Actually, I didn't pay attention to all details while watching the video, I only noticed the flipping in the title screen, but I just thought that you rearranged some stuff since you also changed the logo.
QuoteI've change some spelling and a few other subtle things, (and quite specifically) to the way I prefer rather than the normally just accepted American way (with no offence intended to any Americans, or for that matter anyone)
I just checked out that you are from Australia (should have guessed that earlier from your logo!), so I suppose you know English "slightly" ( ;D) better than me and are sure of what you are doing.  ;)
So I just wait, until you are finished, and see your results.

QuoteAs far as the Death scenes go, they do actually still exist and have all the animations dialog etc, the only difference is..... (you'll just have to wait)
Great!!! I would have missed them. I suppose that after the dying sequence you just put the player back to the point before he made the fatal error. (But as I said above I just wait and let surprise myself).

What exactly do you refer to, when you write "Walking deads"?
Do you mean the deaths, when you fall for example  down a cliff, or deaths like the possibility of Patty slowly dying of thirst in the bamboo labyrinth?

QuoteIt's quite selfish, but I've done it all for myself, not really regarding any outside thoughts, releasing it will only be a privilege to the few who bother to download it.
So what! It's your work, your game, so you can do as you please.

MrColossal

the generally accepted definition for walking dead is like if you use all your money in Zak and can't travel anymore... the game didn't officially end but there is nothing left for you to do and no way to continue. You're walking around and doing things but you might as well be dead.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

wintermute74

Thanks for the answer.
I only knew this phenomenon with the expression "dead end", since you arrived at the end of a possible way of playing and can't continue with the game.

Wilco8211

Any news about the project?  ???

it'll be great so see Larry3 with mouse

*excited*  ;D

Timosity

It's still in progress slowly, I've got a lot of other commitments at the moment, so it will still take some time (longer than I'd hoped) but I need to make a living somehow.

but don't worry it will be finished, but I can't predict any dates

xarebox

any news? what whould be the progress percent?

ArtistedelaPantalla

Is this project still being worked on?

Darth Mandarb

The last post in this thread (asking the very same question) was almost 8 frickin' months ago.

Read the FORUM RULES before posting.

* sigh *

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk