Royal Quest

Started by Royalist, Thu 04/08/2005 18:21:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Royalist

In a kingdom far away named Daventry lived King Edward the Benevolent and his lovely Queen. After many years of happiness, the King and Queen became sad as they remained childless in their old ages. They had no son or daughter to inherit the throne. One day a powerful wizard appeared at the castle and told the King and Queen that he could cast a spell to bring them a child. In return for this, the wizard wanted neither gold nor honor but only the mahogany framed Mirror. This Mirror was not an ordinary mirror but had magic to look into the future. The magic Mirror was used to foretell the weather for planting and harvesting. Still, the gift of a child was much more valuable to the King and Queen than the magic Mirror. They gave the Mirror to the wizard.

Months passed and the Queen never conceived a child. Things got worse when the harvest was lost in a storm for the first time in centuries and the Queen became ill. After four days a dwarf came to their castle and claimed to have a cure. He said he had a powerful root specially made by the dwarves. He took the root and touched the Queen's lips; the Queen opened her eyes and smiled at Edward. In return, the dwarf wanted the Shield. The ruler of Daventry traditionally carried this Shield made of titanium and set with emeralds to battle. Whoever carried the Shield was always victorious. "No," said the King, "You can take everything you want except the Shield." The dwarf did not want any other gift. The King had no choice and gave the Shield to the dwarf. He received the magic root and tried to cure his wife. Unfortunately the magic root did not work and the Queen died a few days after the dwarf arrived. Deep sadness spread over whole Daventry.

Years passed, and many armies attacked Daventry. Without the Shield, King Edward lost many battles. Nor he had never such an urgent need for his magic Mirror than now so he could look into the future to see what the enemy would do in battle. The King became lonely and sad. One day, he found a beautiful young woman who was perched in a tree. She was hiding from a pack of wolves. Edward rescued the lady, and found out that her name was Princess Dahlia of Cumberland. Edward brought her back to his castle and thought he finally found someone to replace the emptiness in his live. Everything was well again until the Princess found out about the magic Chest that forever filled with gold. She became greedy and stole the chest.
Now the King had lost everything of value in his live. He did not know what to do and grew desperate. Fortunately, a noble knight named Graham came to his castle and offered his help. Because King Edward had no heir to the throne, he told Graham he could become King of Daventry if Graham could bring back the three stolen treasures of Daventry.

OMFG! You're still there? Did you really read all that shit? LOL!

Well, Royal Quest will be a parody of King's Quest I, full of entertaining, politically incorrect fun. The story will be pretty much the same but the characters will act 'slightly' different. Furthermore it will take the piss out of some other fairy-tales. I haven't finished all backgrounds yet but I'm full of motivation, passion and a strange, illegal substance. If you have any questions, ask them and then GET OUT OF MY CASTLE!

NavyFreak

hey Royalist great idea for a game but I wonder why teh hell Graham's hair is grey I mean it's a parody of Kings Quest 1 not Kings Quest 5 so explain why his hair is gray maybe it's a result of a nukelear attack?  ;D lol that's a nice idea for your game actually  ;D

Snarky

How is this game related to Tierra's Royal Quest?

deadsuperhero

All right! Finally someone's making this. The backgrounds look pretty good, considering they're knockoffs. If you need any help with either storyline or sprites or something, PM me. This looks like a fun project.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Royalist

Quote from: CrazyRussian007 on Thu 04/08/2005 19:07:14
I wonder why teh hell Graham's hair is grey

It's the fault of our animator ex-animator. It won't happen again...Ã,  >:(

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 04/08/2005 19:54:55
How is this game related to Tierra's Royal Quest?

Don't know. Haven't played it. Did you?Ã,  ;)

Quote from: Alliance on Thu 04/08/2005 21:52:27
The backgrounds look pretty good, considering they're knockoffs.

Yeah, I ripped them from Tierra's KQ1VGA.Ã,  :P

Snarky

So I take it that means you took their idea, the name, some of their graphics, but you don't know anything more about the design than has been stated publicly?

Royalist

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 04/08/2005 23:36:33
but you don't know anything more about the design than has been stated publicly?

The devil has told you that! The devil has told you that, cried the little man, and in his anger he plunged his right foot so deep into the earth that his whole leg went in, and then in rage he pulled at his left leg so hard with both hands that he tore himself in two.

fovmester

Quote from: Royalist on Fri 05/08/2005 00:06:58

The devil has told you that! The devil has told you that, cried the little man, and in his anger he plunged his right foot so deep into the earth that his whole leg went in, and then in rage he pulled at his left leg so hard with both hands that he tore himself in two.

Hmm... That was weird!  :-\

Royalist

Quote from: fovmester on Fri 05/08/2005 05:41:51
Quote from: Royalist on Fri 05/08/2005 00:06:58

Hmm... That was weird!Ã,  :-\

RumpelstiltskinÃ,  ::)

Dexter

This looks AWESOME, i love the parody gendre.  Cannot wait for this one to come out.

Totoro

This looks awesome! And if you add some humor to King's Quest it can really become an interesting game I think! Good luck with that!

CoffeeBob

This looks quite intresting and those screens look really nice. I was going to make a 2d-platformer called Royal Quest. Guess I'll have to change that name again. :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk