Elestian Tales: Bittersweet Sanity - On hold (Sorry guys... :()

Started by A�rendyll (formerly Yurina), Sat 17/09/2005 21:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

A�rendyll (formerly Yurina)

This is the topic where I'm introducing my very first game. It's called Elestian Tales: Bittersweet Sanity. Here's the latest information:

*Genre: Adventure (+ different endings. But besides this it isn't really an RPG)

*(Current) content advisory:
- swearing: none.
- nudity: none
- fighting: none (yet, there may be mild fights in the end.)
- other content: if you don't like to read about blood and strange illness symptons, don't play this game. (These things won't actually be shown.)

*The world I used: Because I'm a fantasy fan, I made a whole world with it's own races. I won't bother you with a whole encyclopedia, don't worry ;). If you don't understand things at first, ask me.

*Main characters: I have 3 main characters of which you can play only one at the moment.
- Maya (17 years old, female): A young, sweet girl who lives in Narliru Village, together with her younger sister, Hannah. She likes to play detective.
- Hannah (10 years old, female): The younger sister of Maya. She's kind of nature and has a wild imagination. In general she likes her sister, but she hates it when nobody believes her.
- Kentah (16 years old, male): Kentah is a medical/white magic student who lives in the inn next to Maya's house. He's got an eye on Maya, but he's too afraid to tell her.

*Main story line:

One day, Hannah saw two strangers talking on the beach to the south of her village. They discussed some kind of plan, using a map. When she tells her story against Maya, Maya didn't believe her sister. Later on, a new disease terrorises Narliru Village. Hannah also gets ill, which makes Maya furious. After Kentah's research they discover that this disease isn't natural. Maya, Hannah and Kentah decide to search for it's creator and the cure of the disease.

What I have made already (now in percentages, estimated by 5%):
- Story: 50-60%
- character sprites: 30%
- backgrounds: 5-10%
- inventory items: 5%
- events: 5%
- GUI's: 95%
- sound: 0-5%
- video's: 0% (maybe I include short anime-like movies, this isn't sure yet... If I make any, I'd only make an intro and (one of the) the end(s).)

*Other information:
- the disease's symptons: throwing up (not the usual stuff, but a mix of blood and genetically manipulated honey), heavy nightmares, fainting at unpredictable moments.

This is all I can tell for the moment...

Screenshots

Releases:

- 1rst Demo available!
Click here!
Yuna: Give me a Y!
Rikku: Give me an R!
Paine: Give me a break...
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

Mordalles

souns really interesting!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Darth Mandarb

I added the screenshots to the first post and unlocked the thread.

Thanks! ^.^

I really appreciate it!
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

calacver

WOW! looking cool. I like how you did the beach. very appealing graphics, it definitely looks RPG, reminds of the sailor moon RPG :)

Well, I love tilebased games. I admit I took the Sailor Moon sprites for porpotions, and that paid off splenditely!
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

Mordalles

oh, those looke really nice! cant wait.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Well, I'm just starting creating games, so I guess this one will take a while. I'm trying to get a demo ready before next year, but I'm also working on a rather simple game just to learn the basics.

I'm glad you guys like it! ^.^
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

Akumayo

I definately would like to play this one when it's finished, nice graphics too, I love the characters faces in talking frame!  Looking forward to this one's demo release  ;D
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

Aww, you're too sweet!

Oh, and uhm... In case you're wondering: The second screenshot features Maya's room. The man standing there is a merchant. I did the AGS tutorial with dialogs (and thus the merchant), and that was the only room available. I'm now moving him to the main square of Narliru Village. Sorry that the screenshot is a bit outdated, but I'll upload a better one soon enough!
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

Kinoko

The first cutscene is added! I will soon put up a demo. IT will be short and very limited, but still...
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

Update!

I'm almost finished wth the main square of Narliru Village. I only need to finish this village and it's first events, and then my demo will be up! The demo will be until Hannah gets infected with the disease. It won't be too large, but I'll do my best.
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

scourge

I can't wait for this game, it looks very excellent :)

Thanks! It's hard work, but I'm doing my best.
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

scourge

Of course it is!

Update:

Narliru Village is almost finished! Only four rooms more, and a few events until the first demo.
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

scourge

have you decided upon genre yet? Will it be sort of an RPG but without the fighting? :)

keep up the good work!

Yup, it'll be a plain adventure, but you can still get different endings. I'm not sure how to get that right, maybe I'll post about that in the Technical forums...
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

Good news! YesterdagNIGHT I finished the first demo! ^^

I can't put it up yet, because I'm at school now, but it will be uploaded later this day when possible.

The demo is from the very beginning until you can travel by using the Travel Ball in the Travel Agency (some kind of magical device that lets you warp through Rasmarde, the land where the game takes place). It's short, simple, and I'm sure it won't be without mistakes, but I put a lot of work in it, and I hope it won't dissapoint you.

I hope you'll enjoy it!
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk